Old 07-24-2012, 12:25 PM
*I whine a lot*

Courses Played: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by yorunner View Post
how is the saint different from the striker? the numbers are pretty much identical.
Glide ,abit faster, and some people say its less LSS it hink IMO
Old 07-24-2012, 12:41 PM
* Innova: Choice of Champions *

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 14
I'm only three days in with my Opto Saint, but I'm finding the Striker to be more overstable (despite the Saint being labelled as overstable and the Striker as stable) than the Saint, with the Saint having more turn.

I'd be interested to see how other fans of Joe's Flight Chart would rate the Saint based on that scale, as it's not updated with the disc yet. I would put it at Range 5/HSS -1.5/LSS 2.5/Pwr Req 5.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
I don't think this is a hard disc to throw and it glides well so in terms of the Power Req I think 4 might be a more appropriate generalization

I don't have enough throws with the Saint yet nor with enough weights to agree or disagree with your HSS and LSS ratings
Old 07-24-2012, 01:46 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 35.3
Courses Played: 16
I may have a freaky Striker. My GL Striker is pretty much a straight flier with little fade. Both of my Saints, when thrown straight and flat, have a harder fade then my particular Striker. Strikers are funny, though. I used a bud's one day. It was so hard over, it was more like a Firebird or Villain.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:59 PM
* Innova: Choice of Champions *

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManU View Post
I don't think this is a hard disc to throw and it glides well so in terms of the Power Req I think 4 might be a more appropriate generalization

I don't have enough throws with the Saint yet nor with enough weights to agree or disagree with your HSS and LSS ratings
Yeah, I had it as a 4 but changed it. I don't have enough experience with them either, let alone in different weights, just trying to help quantify the difference between a Striker and a Saint. The Saint being marked as overstable and the Striker as stable does bug me at the moment, because I'm seeing the opposite, at least in Opto.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:12 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 12
I'm just here to say, once again, this disc has superfreaky long glide. Whenever I think its about to give up it's run, it drops down slightly and goes for another 20-40'.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:16 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Um... View Post
I'm just here to say, once again, this disc has superfreaky long glide. Whenever I think its about to give up it's run, it drops down slightly and goes for another 20-40'.
Sounds a lot like The River. Good to hear.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by yorunner View Post
how is the saint different from the striker? the numbers are pretty much identical.
Quote:
Originally Posted by remember2morrow View Post
My guess would be glide.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bultx1215 View Post
I may have a freaky Striker. My GL Striker is pretty much a straight flier with little fade. Both of my Saints, when thrown straight and flat, have a harder fade then my particular Striker. Strikers are funny, though. I used a bud's one day. It was so hard over, it was more like a Firebird or Villain.
Yeah I've never had one of these under stable gl strikers. All 9 of mine in various weights were similar to starfires and qolfs. So the saints I have fly more like TLs and heavy sidewinders.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:21 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 5
So I finally got myself a Saint and had a chance to throw it in a field yesterday...and I am impressed. It is exactly what i was hoping it would be. It's a 173 GL, and I was worried that it would have too much turn from what people were saying about the GL's, but thats not the case for mine. Thrown flat, it had barely any turn, went dead straight for 80% of it's flight and then had a lite, forward moving fade. I'm sure as it gets beat up, it will develop a bit of turn, but thats fine with me, that just means I can throw slight hyzer laser beams! I will take it to a course this weekend and give another report.

Old 07-25-2012, 01:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 28
I'm excited to get mine in.