Disc Golf Store
Old 06-05-2012, 12:57 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: RHBH
Back again... with a stand still throw

Here is a Vid of me doing my stand still throw. I know that there is something missing still as most of these shots are all in the 290-320 range. The discs I throw in order are Star Roc 180g, King Cobra 178g, Eagle-x 171, Star TL 175g, star Teerex (beat in) 175g, and Halo 167g. Obviously I my mids are going almost as far as my distance drivers, and my distance drivers are falling short of my fairway drivers there is a problem. When I add a run up I might gain another 30-40 feet, but thats it. I am having problems with my Patella (knee cap tendon) after a wake boarding adventure on my left knee, but dont think that is the cause of whats going on as it bothers me more walking then throwing. Sidewinder and others, I need some more input from ya. Really trying hard to put the peices of this puzzle together, and I think that Im getting closer.
Thanks again guys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPR10MoNCK4&feature=plcp
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2012, 03:18 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 106
Not too shabby, your grip locks are more where you need to adjust your aim. Reachback lower with the disc and close your stance some so your front heel easily comes off the ground in the backswing and then can drive the heel back down to initiate the downswing. Your are shifting weight from in front. Also get more squat/athletic to really drive the knees. You are rounding/arcing your pull line instead of pulling it straight through to the target through your body. It helps when you don't twist your arm and spine so much in the backswing cause it leads to the arm crashing and rounding pull. Less stable discs and putters are really good to work this with.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:17 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 7
FWIW, the reason you don't see a difference in distance between mids and distance drivers is because you aren't getting the nose down enough. Several of the things sidewinder22 suggested will help with nose angle.

300' with a mid from a standstill is a good place to start and means you have many good things going on.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:56 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: RHBH
Thanks for the motivating words. Ill keep working at it.

Old 06-05-2012, 05:56 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garublador View Post
FWIW, the reason you don't see a difference in distance between mids and distance drivers is because you aren't getting the nose down enough. Several of the things sidewinder22 suggested will help with nose angle.

300' with a mid from a standstill is a good place to start and means you have many good things going on.
All of the above, and those, maybe especially the squat/lean forward might help to clean up the nose angle and oat. Your follow through isn't lined up with the plane of your shoulders/hips on most of those throws, which will contribute a lot, too. Not bad really...might be harder from here forward, but it's mostly fine tuning.