Old 06-03-2012, 07:54 PM
Banned

Years Playing: 1.5
Courses Played: 10
Throwing Style: RHBH
Disc Golf Bag from a seasoned player of the game.

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: DG 13 years
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH,RHFH,Rollers,Tomahawks
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Innova Aviar 200/250'; Innova Roc 280/310; Innova Wraith 350/415'

Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: Old Shoulder Injury,Cyst on ring finger,Bad right knee.I have broken both ankles and tore a rotator cuff,but all is good now.
Other sport proficiencies?: Baseball,Softball,Bowler and Skateboarding
Additional Information: Nickame is Matty Ice.Almost went Pro Bowling but tore my Rotator Cuff and was never the same so i made Disc Golf my main Sport.
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: I love my current layout of my bag,but I'm always open to suggestions and feedback.
Specific areas of desired feedback: Any feedback is cool.
Immediate and long-term goals: I was named a Local Pro a while back so my next goal is to Birdie every hole at my Local Course.

Bag:

Drivers

172 Innova Star Roadrunner:Anyzer disc and my go to Roller.Goes Straight as an arrow if I throw it with extreme Hyzer.

171 Innova Pro Destroyer:Big Disance Driver that holds a good Hyzer line and finishes with good fade.Good Uphill driver.Good in the wind too.

171 Discraft Elite Z Flick:Utility Forehand Driver.Good for getting out of trouble and for those extreme left to right shots that need a good finish.good wind disc.

168 Innova Champion Groove:Big Distance Right to Left sloped downhill Drives.Whatever line I put it on.It will hold it until the end.Can be thrown Forehand too.

174 Innova 11x Champion Firebird::Best Disc ever made.I can throw it forehand or backhand and it is always going to go where I put it.Finishes with just the right amount of fade.Good wind disc.

168 Innova Champion Starfire:2nd best disc ever made.throws similar to my Firebird,but more distance.Big Distance Forehand Disc.Great in the woods for those stable shots.Good wind disc.

170 Innova JK Pro Valkyrie :Very good In the woods driver.It can hold a very nice line.I can turn it over as a roller or I can hyzerflip it for those straight shots in the woods.

175 Innova Champion Beast:A faster version of my JK Valkyrie with more stability.I can forehand this one for some good distance as well.

175 Innova Pro Wraith:My Biggest Distance Driver.I can throw it hyzer and I can throw it straight for those big distance drives.

171 Innova Champion Leopard:My point and throw disc.I can Anyhzer it and Hyzer it without losing control.

168 Innova Star TeeBird:I don't know what is about a TeeBird,but I can control one of these disc like no other.If I need just the right amount of distance with the right amount of fade,this disc gets it done.Good for my shorter forehands as well.

Mids:

166 Innova Champion Cobra:Good in the woods on midrange shots.I can Hyzerflip it to go straight as an arrow.

168 Innova Champion Panther:Big favorite.Very good Anhyzer disc and a great roller for shorter shots.Good for downhill drives also.Can be thrown straight with touch.

170 Innova 10x KC Pro Roc:Beat to death and good for downhill Anhyzer shots.Good for those Sraight shots that need just that right amount of fade at the end.

180 Innova Star San Marino Roc:This Disc is a beast.Very stable and can be thrown sidearm.Great in the wind.

171 Innova Star Spider:Pretty much a faster Aviar with a small rim.Whenever I need that right touch,but the Aviar won't get it done I'm using the Spider.

Putters:

2, 175 Innova 12x KC Pro Aviars:Main Putters

175 Innova 12x KC Pro Aviar:Good Driving Putter.Can put it on a hyzer line and it holds the hyzer the whole way until the end.

175 Innova 11x KC Pro Aviar :Good Driving Putter.Same thing, I can put it on a Hyzer,but this one straightens out just a little before it fades.

170 Innova 11x KC Pro Aviar:Shorter Drives.Beat up more than my other 11x and goes much straighter with little to no fade.Great uphill Anyzer Disc.

175 Innova 10x KC Pro Aviar:Beat to death.My main approach disc.Good for really straight shots and is good for those hyzerflip into anhyzer drives around trees.

172 Innova Star Aviar Driver:Very stable Aviar.Very good for those stable short drives that need to go left.

172 Innova Pro Line Rhyno:I use this for Turbo Putts only.

There it is.My beast of a bag.

Let me know what you guys think and if you think I need to add anything/takeout,I'm all ears.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2012, 08:10 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 9.8
Courses Played: 102
Throwing Style: LHFH
I would recommend a cart first of all! OK, OK. Enough with the jokes.

Being a fan of the Starfire and the Firebird, have you thrown a PD? It's wing is from the Firebird so it should feel like an old friend from first fondle. I've heard some comparisons between it and the Starfire with it being considered a little more versatile. It acts like a completely different mold for each plastic. I would recommend trying a current run C-Line if you like Champ Starfires. That's only a suggestion though because it sounds like you're looking to try something for shots and giggles more than needing help.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
I would recommend a cart first of all! OK, OK. Enough with the jokes.

Being a fan of the Starfire and the Firebird, have you thrown a PD? It's wing is from the Firebird so it should feel like an old friend from first fondle. I've heard some comparisons between it and the Starfire with it being considered a little more versatile. It acts like a completely different mold for each plastic. I would recommend trying a current run C-Line if you like Champ Starfires. That's only a suggestion though because it sounds like you're looking to try something for shots and giggles more than needing help.

I have one of those competitors bags.It holds all these discs with ease.It's a bit heavy,but thank goodness for Backpack Straps.

I told one of friends about this site and this bag suggestion/feedback thread.He said "Dude,you need to post your bag,they would probably freak.

I've heard of the PD,but I've never thrown it.If it feels like a Starfire or Firebird it already sounds like a winner to me.Shots and giggles sounds about right.I'm always up to try something new.I just recently threw my friends Innova Blizzard Ape and I crushed that thing.It's less stable than it's counterpart.

Thanks for the response man.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:44 PM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 21
Sorry but this isn't going to be a very well written paragraph I'm going to jump around a lot lol.

First off, I think 6 Aviars is a bit superfluous...but hey - everyones different. Also I couldn't help but notice you do not have an overstable midrange. Next, do you need both the Flick and the FB? That's an honest question, not trying to be a smartass by any means. Do you see a big difference in use between your Destroyer and Wraith? Seems to me like you could choose one mold or the other.

And last, but certainly not least,
Old 06-03-2012, 09:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripEnemyS2K View Post
Sorry but this isn't going to be a very well written paragraph I'm going to jump around a lot lol.

First off, I think 6 Aviars is a bit superfluous...but hey - everyones different. Also I couldn't help but notice you do not have an overstable midrange. Next, do you need both the Flick and the FB? That's an honest question, not trying to be a smartass by any means. Do you see a big difference in use between your Destroyer and Wraith? Seems to me like you could choose one mold or the other.

And last, but certainly not least,
Hey that's cool man.

Those 6 Aviars is more of a feel thing.I know exactly what each one will do when I throw them.Each Mold is different too.10x different from 11x and 11x different form 12x.Plus the Aviar Driver is just Stable which is great.

The San Marino Roc I Have is my overstable Mid-Range.It's crazy how stable the thing is.I've thrown all kinds of Rocs and this thing just takes the cake in overstable.

The Flick is more of a get out of trouble and hard left to right FH drives.It is much,much more stable than my 11x Firebird.The Firebird I use for those longer Left to right forehand drives and I can crank the heck out of it backhand with great predictability of where it will go.

There is a pretty big difference in the molds of the Destroyer and the Wraith I have.The Destroyer is more domey and is more stable.The Wraith is flatter and I can get big Distance with it throwing it flat or throwing it with hyzer for those slower hyzer shots.

On to the Groove.I get that a lot. I have friends or people who know me ask,how the heck do you throw that thing. lol
Old 06-04-2012, 01:36 AM
Sophomore

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 56
I like to have a 150ish flippy disc for up-hill shots. Also, I prefer to Zone to the Rhyno for turbos (Better grip. Rhyno catches edges & bites more often.); it's a far more versatile disc too. People wouldn't tell you that you need an overstable mid ...
Old 06-04-2012, 09:23 AM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 9.8
Courses Played: 102
Throwing Style: LHFH
I've never seen someone throw a new(er) Rhyno, but it seems to me that the overstability of the Zone far surpasses it. Do they start out so overstable? I've never thrown a Pig either, but I imagine the Zoen compares to a lot more to it.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Ensor View Post
I like to have a 150ish flippy disc for up-hill shots. Also, I prefer to Zone to the Rhyno for turbos (Better grip. Rhyno catches edges & bites more often.); it's a far more versatile disc too. People wouldn't tell you that you need an overstable mid ...
Does the Zone feel good in the hand?

Thats my main reason(feel) for using the Rhyno as my Turbo putter.The Pro Line Plastic feels great.

I have a 150 Eagle and a Gazelle.These things are old too.I didn't use them much so they are in great condition.The only bad thing is they are in DX Plastic,which I am not a fan of.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:13 PM
Sophomore

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 56
I get more contact on the edge of a Zone than the Rhyno. I prefer premium plastic; less slipping= more consistent spin. It's the best feeling turbo disc for me.

Old 06-07-2012, 12:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Ensor View Post
I get more contact on the edge of a Zone than the Rhyno. I prefer premium plastic; less slipping= more consistent spin. It's the best feeling turbo disc for me.
Nice.Since I just bought some new Discs I'll get my buddy to pick up one since he always buying new plastic.Well I'll try to convince him to get one .Then I'll give her a try.