Old 10-17-2012, 08:15 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13
Courses Played: 256
I usually tie in some brewery visits to my travels. Here's a list of the breweries I visited and my brief review of them:

Newport Storm (RI): The brewery tasting room was in the warehouse where you can watch them make beer. However, the beer was awful. They only had 4 beers to taste and NONE of them were good.

Long Trail (VT): Probably the most famous brewery I visited, and it showed by the number of people that were there. The place was packed at noon on a Thursday. The beers were OK, not my favorites... but way better than Newport Storm! The food was pub food, I'd recommend the burger. They had a self-guided brewery tour which was cool... AND the brewery is only 10 miles away from Base Camp Outfitters DGC.

Shipyard (ME): I got to this brewery at 9:00 am... so I didn't drink. I just checked out the location and ordered a beer off the tap from a restaurant down the street for lunch. The brewery looked awesome though - a somewhat run-down looking warehouse in the downtown / port area of Portland Maine. IPA is solid.

Heartland (NY): I visited the Heartland Brewery in Times Square in NYC. It was a fancier restaurant that had several beers on tap. I went for the Hefeweisen - it was extremely unfiltered... so cloudy you could not see through the glass! That is the way Hefe's should be. Calamari was decent.

Portsmouth (NH): Probably the best brewery I visited. Their IPA was fantastic. Very floral and "west-coast" like. We ate the calamari, and it was OK. But the beer was great! In a nice touristy section of downtown Portsmouth too.

Brown's (NY): great restaurant brewery in Albany NY. The food was great! The beer was OK. I had an IPA. It wasn't as good as Portsmouth's IPA, but it wasn't bad either.

I haven't kept as good of track of my "Breweries Visited" numbers as my Disc Golf numbers... but I would imagine this puts me somewhere in the 80 breweries in 15 states range. Anytime you can play a few new courses and cap the night off with a visit to the local brewery... it's a good day!
DSCJNKY