Old 06-06-2012, 11:34 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Prafeston's Bag - In Search of Pink

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: DG 2+ months; 6 years of Recreational Ultimate; Been throwing discs since I was a kid..only just recently got into DG.
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: Right handed
Throwing Style: RHBH, RHFH
Golf Distance (avg/max) for putter/mid/driver: These will all be guesses 200/250'; 275/290'; 300/350'

Optional:
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: ...I'm short. No injuries or anything really holding me back.
Other sport proficiencies?: Soccer, Baseball, Track, Ultimate. I'm pretty athletic...can put up a new sport pretty easily.
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: I like that I have a disc for just about anything I could ever need...but I find I'm really only throwing about 5 regularly on my home course.
Specific areas of desired feedback: Understanding rollers. I can never seem to get them to roll the right direction.
Immediate and long-term goals: Though I don't need big D on most of the holes on my home courses there are a couple that I wish I could throw a bit longer on. Would like to eventually be competitive in local tourneys.

Bag:

Drivers:
DX Wraith 175
Champ Valkyrie 167

Gateway Apache 175
Champ Monarch ?
Star Vulcan 175
Lat64 River Test Material 169
Champ Metal Flake Katana 175
Champ Eagle 169
Champ TL ?
Champ Leopard ?

Mids:
DX Roc ?
DX Shark 150
DX Classic Roc

Putters:
SSS Gateway Magic 175
Big Bead Aviar 175
Soft Banger-GT 171

Right now I'm a bit over stocked on the Driver side. I also stocked up on understable discs because I was throwing with more of a hyzer. I feel I'm doing better at correcting this and might need to get some more overstable discs in the line up. I might need some help in the midrange area. I love my Shark, but I've hard good things about other discs too. I'm not real picky about my putters. I like the Magic and Aviar...the Banger is nice, but I'm not a huge fan of how floppy it is. I've heard with putters you should really just pick one and stick with it. I'm looking to try out a Med Ion as well.

When I play a round at my local course I'm really only using a couple discs. Wraith, Apache, Monarch, Shark, some Roc, maybe the Valk, maybe the Vulcan, and the Magic for anything inside like 50ft.

My bag is in a bit of disarray right now as I'm trying to get all pink discs. What I lists are what is currently in my bag, but I am trying to sell/trade/replace with some pink plastic.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:45 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 66
use the valk for your max D driver. if you want something faster, get a 160s pro wraith or maybe a blizzard. i would use the river and eagle for control drivers. maybe consider a true overstable disc like a firebird. mid 160's champ would probably work well for you.

if you like the feel of the shark, get a heavier one. you may be outgrowing the 150. try 172-175g.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:38 PM
Birdie Member

I'll try to stick to my Valk for a bit. Also I was thinking about the Firebird. Really felt like I needed something more overstable just in case I need it. Still in search of a Pink shark in a bit heavier weight. Thanks for the tips.

Old 06-11-2012, 06:27 PM
Birdie Member

Drivers:
DX Wraith 175
Champ Valkyrie 167
Gateway Apache 175
Champ Monarch 165
Champ Firebird 165g
Lat64 River Test Material 169
Champ Metal Flake Katana 175
Champ Eagle 169
Champ Sidewinder ?

Mids:
DX Roc ?
DX Shark 150
DX Classic Roc

Putters:
SSS Gateway Magic 175
Big Bead Aviar 175
Soft Banger-GT 171

Well I sold Champ TL, Champ Leopard, and Star Vulcan

Also purchased a true overstable disc. The Champ Firebird 165g. It's in the mail. Also did some trading for a Pink Sidewinder. I used to have one and I shanked it into a pond awhile back. Been considering a Latitude 64 Fuse for another Mid. Something a little heavier to compliment my light 150g Shark.