Old 02-10-2013, 08:27 PM
Sophomore

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 56
Throwing Style: RHBH
Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

I've been trying to work my hit. Not sure if it's better or worse.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:34 PM
Sophomore

Am I rushing my shoulders?

Leaning my upper body somewhere wrong?
Old 02-10-2013, 08:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 138
Send a message via AIM to New013
you're getting almost no weight shift in to your throw. you need to bend your legs more and get them in to it while staying on your toes.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 106
Too early with the hips before weight transfer and you are too much on the rear heel, and the elbow is way low. Turn the hips back later and stay on the rear toes/instep, and keep your elbow higher relative to your shoulder plane while getting the disc close to the chest.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:24 PM
Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by New013 View Post
you're getting almost no weight shift in to your throw. you need to bend your legs more and get them in to it while staying on your toes.
Thank you. I think it's getting better, but it's not nearly as good as I thought it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
Too early with the hips before weight transfer and you are too much on the rear heel, and the elbow is way low. Turn the hips back later and stay on the rear toes/instep, and keep your elbow higher relative to your shoulder plane while getting the disc close to the chest.
My putts and approaches right now my elbow is by my side and doesn't get more than 5" from my body, and they're 1000% better. I translated that into my drives and was liking it. I'm getting my drives on line better. I might be throwing nose up more than usual though.

What are the hips being related to when you say "later"? What you're making me think about is unbalanced.

I'm having my first personal instruction in the next few weeks. I'm not really sure what to expect, but if I need to I'd like to be able to suggest a few topics to work on. My weight shift is obviously one thing. I'll probably have him check my grip.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:26 PM
Sophomore

And also:

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:22 PM
* Ace Member *

That vid should help, as well as the first ones I posted on this thread. Turning/clearing the hip back later just before planting. Your balance is probably too far behind your rear heel coming down to do that. It's the timing/transition/weight transfer from the backswing to the forward swing. You are firing the rear leg/hip before your weight begins to transfer through a braced front side. Your weight then transfers late after the throw. So you should feel weight through the front side before you really rotate.

Old 02-21-2013, 03:47 AM
Sophomore

Quite a bit of driving. I'm not sure if it's changed much or not. Also some putting; and a couple approaches that are hard to see. Some really, really bad throws too.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:33 PM
* Ace Member *

Ah rear and side views. Both show the swing plane is not maintained with the arm. Rear view shows you rounding the pull line for a hyzer. The arm is too far back across your chest and the body gets in the way of a clean line or clear access to hit through(Hogan Power Drill). Try an x-step from the other direction starting at the rear left tee pad ending front right and reaching out to the left side of the tee, so at the max reachback you are aiming straight back from the apex of a hyzer line. It will probably feel like you have zero reachback doing that, but that's good, you want to compact things in the backswing and extend things outward at the end of the throw.

Still turning backward early as well. Stay more facing forward until you begin to bring the plant foot forward past the rear foot. In the backswing, everything pivots around into the rear side to build core torque, when you plant you should be max tensioned and ready to uncork from the core automatically like a sling shot. Your balance will also change.

Side view shows you not getting your weight forward properly. You need to keep your weight braced through the inside of your foot and leg. You can see your plant foot rolling to the outside of the foot with your balance too far behind your heel and the rear hip trails and then throws you around. The finish position you should be balanced on your plant foot.

Old 03-02-2013, 06:13 PM
Sophomore

4 short putts. Starts at about 15'; each one moves back about 3'.