Old 07-18-2012, 10:59 AM
Double Eagle Member

River and saint are basically identical with the exception that the saint is a bit faster? I will get a river I guess. A fuse is a nice midrange though
Old 07-18-2012, 11:04 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Depth View Post
River and saint are basically identical with the exception that the saint is a bit faster? I will get a river I guess. A fuse is a nice midrange though
Not really. Saint is less nose-angle sensitive, a bit faster, and more stable.

Still, start with a River.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
I have a couple of Lat/Westside questions...

Should I try a Warship/Core around 169? I bought a 169 Pain last week and instantly fell in love with it. I have been using heavy Vectors and Axes for mids, and now I think the Pain will takeover for the Vectors in all likelihood. My question is should I expect similar results from a Warship/Core in a similar weight?

2nd question: My drivers I currently use are a 155 ESP Avenger, two Diamonds, a X Cyclone and ESP Cyclone, both 168. Are there any Scandinavian replacements for the Avenger and Cyclones I carry?
Old 07-18-2012, 05:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 199
I'd try a Saint if I were you. It is not an exact replica of either of those discs, but it is a nice glidey, workable driver. But you won't find it as low as 155G.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:59 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. America View Post
2nd question: My drivers I currently use are a 155 ESP Avenger, two Diamonds, a X Cyclone and ESP Cyclone, both 168. Are there any Scandinavian replacements for the Avenger and Cyclones I carry?
I would say Boatman for the Avenger and GL River for the Cyclones. Agreed that you won't find weights that low though.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:53 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. America View Post
I have a couple of Lat/Westside questions...

Should I try a Warship/Core around 169? I bought a 169 Pain last week and instantly fell in love with it. I have been using heavy Vectors and Axes for mids, and now I think the Pain will takeover for the Vectors in all likelihood. My question is should I expect similar results from a Warship/Core in a similar weight?

The Pain knocked out Vectors for me, too. It has that extra touch of hss that means so much in the wind.

Are you looking to replace the Axis with a Core/Warship? If so, a vip Warship is the best choice there. A heavy opto Core is a wonderful straight mid, but can have a little or a lot of turn depending on the dome and how you power it up/how your form is...fantastic long mid, easy to hyzer flip if you want, easier and longer distance than the other two. gl Cores can be/get fairly flippy under power, especially the flat ones. Opinions seem to vary on the Warship, with tourney plastic being less stable - some have even compared it to a Core. I have two of each in the Warship and have been throwing them a lot over the last couple months. I can't decide if I want to bag the vip or keep the Core in there. Core is more versatile, but I always have a Fuse, too, so the Warship might win. I think the vip Warship is pretty buzzlike...actually the best comparison I've found is that it's almost the exact same flight pattern as a good gummy QMS, but much longer and more glide.

The Pain will definitely stick around for the o/s mid unless I need super beef on really windy days where the Whippet gets added.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:47 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: RHBH
In my experiences the Core is a tic less HSS than a buzzz, but otherwise pretty similar. How would you say the Warship compares to the core in say, opto vs. opto? I think that would help me get a better feel for how the Warship flies.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:38 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
I got a TM River to try, haven't thrown it yet but I'm sure I will like it. Im a little concerned about the durability though so I think I should get a back up too.

So another TM River I suppose. I'm also considering a GL or Opto River and a Fuse of some sort. Any reccomendations..plasticwise?

Is the fuse a good mid to try or should I try the core instead? I do have a Roc and Ill probably get a Buzz to try eventually. Im new and Im just trying to find what I like. I do seem to really like Lat 64 though.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Yes get a fuse. It will compliment the roc or buzz. Great mid can do a lot if you throw it smooth.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 199
Just picked up 2 Worlds GL Pures and 2 Worlds GL Saints from the Play it Again Sports in Charlotte. I like to play when I'm here, so I avoided it last week, but showed up today hoping to find some left over goodies at the local shops. There is a DG GOD!! And he is good. Took all I had not to just buy a bunch of them. Willpower sucks sometimes.

Picked up a GL Trident to try as a short thumber disc and head wind approach disc. I am over throwing short holes too often with my XXX. And I need a thumber ACE!