Old 08-16-2012, 07:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: LHBH
Is the Diamond that much smaller than the River? I haven't thrown a Diamond...
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2012, 07:54 PM
Eagle Member

i wondered that too...it is slightly smaller in diameter...i don't have the numbers but i lust put my diamond on top of my river and she's smaller...(i was secretly trying to breed them to produce a diamond river)
Old 08-16-2012, 10:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 81
The diamond is a mini flow.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki993 View Post
Whats the deal with light, <165, Rivers? I've seen a few people say they're pretty rare and I never see any for sale. Any reason they don't make a lot? Do people usually know or do you just have to be lucky? What about lighter fuses?

Just curious
there was a run of solid white 164 GL's that came off the mold and cooled FLAT as a dinner plate. I used to have 2 of them. Ended up selling one and losing the other 3 weeks after i sold the first

Anyway, this breed of rivers was like nothing else. They have a lot of high speed turn because they fly very fast through the air (flat = less air resistance) and weren't nearly as nose angle sensitive. So as mentioned in the previous post, they were simple to hyzer flip flat, and get crazy long distances due to the speed they retained longer than domey ones, and then that glide kicked in retained that amazing glide Rivers are known for.

FWIW, I have a 163g Orange GL that isn't flat and it flies nothing like those white ones did.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 199
River must mean weirdness in Swedish. I have a yellow 162 GL that is just OK, and I have a blue 161 GL that flies how you describe those white ones. But they look the same. no obvious difference. But the blue one flies much better. I have several other light weight Rivers, but haven't thrown them enought o figure out which ones are special, and which ones are just good.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:38 PM
* Ace Member *

yeah that run of whites are flat flat flat. There have been others on here with the same run of whites that have commented how good they are.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:08 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Yeah the flat pearly whites GL's are nice and flippy. I have (2) 171g and they are money.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:09 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrawk View Post
The diamond is a mini flow.
number wise it looks to be a mini-river.....that's how it was sold to me too....i haven't thrown a flow....i'm looking for one now...
Old 08-17-2012, 12:13 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrawk View Post
there was a run of solid white 164 GL's that came off the mold and cooled FLAT as a dinner plate. I used to have 2 of them. Ended up selling one and losing the other 3 weeks after i sold the first

Anyway, this breed of rivers was like nothing else. They have a lot of high speed turn because they fly very fast through the air (flat = less air resistance) and weren't nearly as nose angle sensitive. So as mentioned in the previous post, they were simple to hyzer flip flat, and get crazy long distances due to the speed they retained longer than domey ones, and then that glide kicked in retained that amazing glide Rivers are known for.

FWIW, I have a 163g Orange GL that isn't flat and it flies nothing like those white ones did.
That white River hasn't left the bag since I got it, freaking turnover machine!

Old 08-17-2012, 12:25 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 22
Curious -- GGGT has the Pearl (midrange) as a speed 5, and the Ruby (putter) as a speed 4. What is the difference between these two discs, and why would anyone consider a speed 4 disc to be a putter?

I'm thinking about getting a Diamond, Ruby, Pearl set for the kids to use (I can usually only get my son to play when I go, but who knows), but I'm hesitant to get a putter that seems to be just a slower midrange.