Old 08-16-2012, 11:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 81
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkelly42 View Post
Curious -- GGGT has the Pearl (midrange) as a speed 5, and the Ruby (putter) as a speed 4. What is the difference between these two discs, and why would anyone consider a speed 4 disc to be a putter?
they are slim profile (not as tall). So they fly faster than a deep dish putter such as a standard Aviar P&A
Old 08-17-2012, 08:19 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrawk View Post
there was a run of solid white 164 GL's that came off the mold and cooled FLAT as a dinner plate. I used to have 2 of them. Ended up selling one and losing the other 3 weeks after i sold the first

Anyway, this breed of rivers was like nothing else. They have a lot of high speed turn because they fly very fast through the air (flat = less air resistance) and weren't nearly as nose angle sensitive. So as mentioned in the previous post, they were simple to hyzer flip flat, and get crazy long distances due to the speed they retained longer than domey ones, and then that glide kicked in retained that amazing glide Rivers are known for.

FWIW, I have a 163g Orange GL that isn't flat and it flies nothing like those white ones did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrawk View Post
yeah that run of whites are flat flat flat. There have been others on here with the same run of whites that have commented how good they are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by discddwn View Post
Yeah the flat pearly whites GL's are nice and flippy. I have (2) 171g and they are money.
I guess Ill have to keep my eyes out for one and snap it up if I see one.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:01 AM
Birdie Member

Just got test run Diamond, Vision, and Bolt. What is the durability of this material, also how close our the test runs to the opto and gl. I could see the Bolt being the least durable with it's sharper edges. Also did anybody get one that was extremely slick.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:30 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 35.5
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
I think they were all slick, but they get better. Either use it a bit or wash with soap and water and play with them...they do get better.

The TM2 wasn't as durable as I had hoped. My Diamond, which is actually TM1, changes flight after each and every tree hit. It will reshape pretty well, though, so its still useful. The Vision and I did not get along. It cut up badly and did a reverse taco that turned it into a Firebird almost. I could not reshape it at all. I still have a fresh one that I have yet to give another chance. My GL Vision is still king. The Bolts actually do better, IMO. I have one that is beat to hell and back and is slightly smoking. It turns hard right upon release. It has its uses, but stays out of the bag most days. I have two more that are fresh and one of those is in the bag now. I do get some pretty good distance with it.

As to an Opto/GL comparison, to me there is none. The TM2's beat in fast and hard. The cut and scuff up quickly. Yes, the do have their uses, but I much prefer the GL and Opto discs. I actually liked the TM1 a little better. It seemed to hold its shape longer and to me had a better flight. I wish they would have done each disc in both TM's for a better comparison.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:37 AM
Birdie Member

Sorry I should have specified on how they compared. Are there flight pattern pretty much the same in the test run vs the other materials. I got them at the lower price to first test them out before moving into the opto or gl line.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:48 AM
Eagle Member

Diamond is much the same until it beats in...then it actually gets better for a while before it gets too flippy. I can still reshape it to a close to better shape most days. Edit..my Diamonds are all close to max wt....158 and 159's. That may make a difference.

Vision, like I said, mine was bad. It did not fly like any of my Visions at all. I much prefer the flights of the GL and Opto. GL Visions have a glide to them that is awesome.

Bolt....all I have thrown is the TM2. I would assume the GL is better.

With the TM1 Rivers, I could stretch the TM1 and GL out on pretty much the exact same lines and distances. Not quite as far with the Opto's. That was until the TM1 beat in to a perfect straight line driver. That is where it still is. The TM runs give you a better opportunity to see how the disc will beat in and do it tons faster. I highly doubt that my Optos will beat in in my lifetime. They are tough as nails. I have one GL that is starting to show some wear, but the flight isn't altered yet.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:03 AM
Birdie Member

I only got to throw these on one hole tonight for about 40 mins to try to find what they would be like this is my assessment. The Bolt if I worked at it could be the longest driver in my bag, but it also seemed one dimensional and only open fairways. The Vision, which I hear the least about for lat 64 discs, was lots of fun to throw fh and bh. Can't wait to see what that can do. The Diamond is going to be great, as it is extremely easy to throw. The lower weight was nice on the arm, but it did seem that good form was necessary to get the most of out it, otherwise it got squirrelly.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:10 AM
Eagle Member

Pretty much all Lat discs need good form. Lots are very nose angle sensitive. Lots of the also need more room to work. I only use my Bolt on open fairways. Same with the GL Vision, though it can shape some really nice curves in tight places when you learn how it flies. The Diamond is a great downwind driver. I also use it as a finesse driver. It will shape some very nice lines at lower power and still get out pretty far. The Saint, however is not like them. It will do the big S curve flight or a super tight and straight line shot down a crowded fairway. Lat makes some excellent discs. They do take a bit more work on your part as to form, but the work and effort will be rewarded.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:00 PM
* Innova: Choice of Champions *

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 14
Has anybody actually seen a green EZE Mercy like they've got pictured at DD?

http://www.dynamicdiscs.net/Latitude...ter-p/2206.htm

Not only have I never seen one, I've never seen one at any of the major online retailers.

I want one, badly!

Old 09-18-2012, 03:06 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 8
So, I decided to commit tournament suicide this weekend. I was at a two-round tourney, and after the morning round I was at such a horrifically mediocre score that I had little hope for cashing. I picked up a TM2 Pure during the break. I had never used a Pure before (my main putters being a Dart/Wizard depending on the angle I need). But I liked how it felt. I decided to use it for the afternoon round.

It took a few holes to get used to, but the end result is I finished 5 strokes better than my morning round and squeezed into the cash.

The biggest problem I had with it as a putting putter is that the TM2 material is BOUNCY. Any time it hit metal I was worried it was going to pop right back out. As a driving/approach putter, I love this thing. Fresh out it was straight as an arrow, almost no fade. Once it beats in a bit I’m sure it will have some interesting lines.

I almost never drive/approach with putters because I have such a hard time ranging them. I usually short the throw when I’m going over 100ft. But this one makes me want to try a putter-only round and see what happens.