Old 10-18-2012, 02:29 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by pookie View Post
as it goes for basic plastcis is what I base the tm.
Yeah I get what you're saying and it obviously wasn't meant to compete with the premium plastics. I think the texture and feel of the plastic is superior to the DX Aviars I was using though, better than Pro-D as well.

Last week I shot my lowest score of the year on our main course with it. I don't care if it's mental or how it flies I just feel calmer and more confident throwing it and I'm having more fun.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:37 PM
Birdie Member

I've been throwing a Vision tm2 and a river opto side by side and been getting so much better results from the vision than the river. I don't hear a lot about the vision. What is other peoples impression of the vision?
Old 10-18-2012, 11:39 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 35.5
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
My GL Vision is and always will be in my bag. It is almost always my longest driver. Holds a wicked anny, too.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:18 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 81
Throwing Style: LHBH
Visions have varied in stability greatly from run to run, which turned off a lot of people that were throwing them.

Some were striker stable. Some were road runner flippy. Then there was that sweet spot in the middle which heavy rivers proved more consistant and popular and easier to throw.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:33 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
I have to agree in terms of putting the TM2 is great. Good grip, grabs the chains well, and just durable enough without being too soft. I don't think I would use it for anything but putting though. I'm big on durability outside of my putters and I don't think it would hold up well compared to Champion/Z/Opto.

It looks like Gotta Go Gotta Throw has some TM2 Pures left for only $8 each so I might grab a few.
Odd, mine is a bit opposite. My TM2 Pure has good grip but is springy as all hell. If I hit center pole any further than 10 feet out I'm always worried it will bounce right back out. Mine feels more like the stiff Pro-D plastic that Discraft uses for drivers like the Stratus. God help me, I do love that disc though. I do have an Opto and EZE coming to me. So I'll be interested to see the difference between my TM2/EZE, if any.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:08 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
On a different subject but related disc, my love affair with the Pure has taken another step. Because of its glide, grip, and unbelievably straight path; the Pure has helped me with one of my most frustrating putting practices..straddle putting. I had been able to get nowhere forever with straddle putts. No power, no snap (I'm traditionally a spin putter). Previous attempts results in hyzering out or falling laughably short. I'm no straddle pro now, by any stretch of the imagination. But the Pure has worked respectably enough to give me the confidence to keep working with it.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:38 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.9
Courses Played: 19
TM2 is a bit too springy for my tastes as well. It hasn't been a problem, but I am also afraid of it bouncing out if it hits the center pole. I had the same issue with my Yeti Aviar. The Pure is nowhere near as springy as that putter was though.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:59 PM

Latitude 64 Air Invitational

I'd be interested in seeing the announcement and results from this competition if anyone has a link/links. Also, was it by invite only as the name would imply?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eky8 View Post
Here is the exact quote from Tomas.

Sorry guys, it was a huge disappointment. We had good wind, no rain but a lot of bad throws. We couldnt get the discs to lift in the wind, I dont know why but it could have been the cold... All good throws just chrashed in high speed around 200meters. Often they still had so much speed that they "skipped" for 100 ft. I'm speechless, we had a really good day but nothing happend in the wind. During practise we have had a lot more help from the wind with less airspeed than we had today. So I'm sorry that we couldnt deliver today unsure. Johannes 205m, Linus 202m, Oskar 199m I think Linus had a 230 throw during warm up but the markers didnt see it...
Old 10-21-2012, 03:37 PM

deleted by author

Last edited by dwiggmd; 10-21-2012 at 03:40 PM.

Old 10-22-2012, 07:14 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 26
Just got my order of 3 TM2 Pures and the *******s gave me 3 yellow... GD it. I thought they all came in white so I didn't pick a color