Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Old 06-13-2012, 01:12 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Its possible. Ive got a couple of 159g Tp swords and have seen 2 150g gl halos on this sight too.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeronimo View Post
Stable Havocs are LEGIT. That is all.
how do they compare to the Bolt?

some sites show them as having similar flight ratings others show the Bolt as much less stable
Old 06-13-2012, 02:24 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManU View Post
how do they compare to the Bolt?

some sites show them as having similar flight ratings others show the Bolt as much less stable
Every variation on the Bolt I've thrown has been super flippy, like Archon flippy... I can't control the damn things. As far as Havoc's go you have to look at the parting line where the upper and lower molds meet to segregate the stable from understable ones. The stable ones have a higher line and I honestly feel like they fly like a 1st run Star Destroyer (not super beat). They do a nice tight "S" curve with just a hint of hyzer on release. The lower line Havocs are Bolts to me, can't throw them. Way. Too. Flippy.

I'd give them the title of best Max D driver in Latitudes line up because they're faster than Flow's, glide more than Halo's, and are easier/more comfortable to grip than Halo's. I almost wrote the damn things off because the first 3 I bought were all sky rollers, somehow I managed to pick up another one and it was a totally different beast. Now i've got 4-5 of the stable ones, which I believe is the current standard run, and they perform wonderfully.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:02 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckbutter View Post
Anyone??? Thoughts or word of mouth?
I have seen 2 Halo's below 160. Other than that I've never actually seen any other lat64 discs this low.

I'm actually trading a buddy a sexy pink Fuse for one of those. Its a 155 Orange GL Halo. Can't wait to bomb that thing around.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:10 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeronimo View Post
Every variation on the Bolt I've thrown has been super flippy, like Archon flippy... I can't control the damn things. As far as Havoc's go you have to look at the parting line where the upper and lower molds meet to segregate the stable from understable ones. The stable ones have a higher line and I honestly feel like they fly like a 1st run Star Destroyer (not super beat). They do a nice tight "S" curve with just a hint of hyzer on release. The lower line Havocs are Bolts to me, can't throw them. Way. Too. Flippy.

I'd give them the title of best Max D driver in Latitudes line up because they're faster than Flow's, glide more than Halo's, and are easier/more comfortable to grip than Halo's. I almost wrote the damn things off because the first 3 I bought were all sky rollers, somehow I managed to pick up another one and it was a totally different beast. Now i've got 4-5 of the stable ones, which I believe is the current standard run, and they perform wonderfully.
^BINGO.....I have two medium stability Opto's and a really stable Skullboy Opto. They are way more workable than one would think. One is flippier than the other and can really work some late turn lines, sic to watch. The Skullboy flys the longest smoothest hyzer lines I've thrown.

Worth the time to work through learning of this disc.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Changing to putter chat.

Just got a Zero Pure in the mail after falling in love with the Opto. Definitely floppier than I was expecting, but I think I can grow to love it. Should be nice for those hillside putts when you need something to stick. Still need to test out EZE Pures, too...
Old 06-13-2012, 04:14 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 1
I have a 161g Tourney Sword, I get very little turn on it even out of 400' pulls. Really sweet disc. The sub 160g Halos that I've seen have been frickin meat hooks.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:50 PM
Bogey Member

Just joined here hoping against odds that there was some info on the Saint and where/when it can be purchased.

Oh wells
Old 06-13-2012, 04:53 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelyman View Post
Just joined here hoping against odds that there was some info on the Saint and where/when it can be purchased.

Oh wells
Uh... there is

July 1st

Old 06-13-2012, 04:56 PM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Wiley View Post
Uh... there is

July 1st
Oh well I guess to be honest I didn't look too hard. I guess I was hoping I could buy one now, lol.

Anyways thanks for the info