Old 06-16-2012, 07:41 AM

Courses Played: 1
Drink holders for Teepad Poles

What, if any have any of you used for a drink holder that can be mounted on the teebox sign pole???

So far the cheapest thing that I've seen is bicycle water bottle cages. Unfortunately most are aluminum tubing, and the cheapest that I've seen is about 2 bucks apiece. And I'm afraid they will be a little to easy to destroy, and I'm lookiing at needing 54 of them(2 for each pole, I think).

Was thinking about making some out of 1x aluminum sheet, kinda end up looking like those cheapo plastic ones that they have to hang inside your car window. Think they would likely survive better than the bike cages.

What you guys think. I'm going to try some of the bench ideas too!!!

Jeff

P.S. You have to check out our new Concrete teepads here at Foundation Park!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-16-2012, 08:52 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.4
Courses Played: 170
Throwing Style: RHFH
I work on my home course. I just replaced bag hooks, painted numbers. finding a "heavy duty" bag hooks kinda helps I've never seen drink holders on posts before, and really I don't see the need. If a players doesn't have a bag they would just put it on the ground. Maybe try a few and see how long the last. It only takes one jack ass to rip it down.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:53 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew boals View Post
I work on my home course. I just replaced bag hooks, painted numbers. finding a "heavy duty" bag hooks kinda helps I've never seen drink holders on posts before, and really I don't see the need. If a players doesn't have a bag they would just put it on the ground. Maybe try a few and see how long the last. It only takes one jack ass to rip it down.
this in bold
Old 06-16-2012, 09:03 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 17.7
Courses Played: 157
Creative addition to a course for sure.

If the posts are wood, how hard would it be to build you own out of a piece of wood? That is, use what they use to drill out door knob holes. You could build an infinite amount for a very low cost.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:26 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 50
so you are thinking like a 3 inch hole saw, because a 3" Forsner bit would set you back a nice chunk of change. And a good hole saw will set you back a bit.. but if you only drilled thew a 3/4" board and then glued a piece under it.. you know... on second thought if you are too goddamn lazy to lean over and pick up your PBR from the ground you shouldn't be out playing a game where you have to pick your discs up off the ground.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:55 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.4
Courses Played: 100
Throwing Style: RHBH
You would probably find that 80%(or more) of the drink holders(that aren't vandalized) would be storing an empty can from the chuckers that are 3 holes ahead of you that are too lazy to pack it out.

But it would be a nice idea in a perfect world.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:46 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmonty View Post
You would probably find that 80%(or more) of the drink holders(that aren't vandalized) would be storing an empty can from the chuckers that are 3 holes ahead of you that are too lazy to pack it out.

But it would be a nice idea in a perfect world.
this is exactly what will happen
Old 06-16-2012, 10:53 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 8
in a world where vandals didn't hurt there free course ( not sure why they even do this its pissing in your bed) this would be great for the people with out drink holders. But i say let the animals place there drinks on the ground . i understand i am being a little mean but its like the system we live in today where the people that care for there needs buy the things we like to have,like most people have anywhere from a 20 dollar bag to a 250 dollar bag(me having a 200 dollar bag). so until they get the idea to spend money on having the good life of disc golf, i would say don't waste on a dime on chuckers. unless they start respecting the course and not vandalizing it , and that's the day a monkey comes out of my butt-hole.
Old 06-16-2012, 12:41 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 42
I must be a rebel because I just use the drink holders on my disc golf bag.

Old 06-16-2012, 01:26 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHBH
How about bag hooks that serve as drink holders as well? I think something made of wood would be the cheapest.