Old 04-20-2016, 03:58 AM

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 22
Talking Just did a 4k fly though of Gulley Park near Cincinnati

I tired to make on long video with nicer editing, but 4k is a beast to edit unless you have a very good and new pc.

I tired to use Youtube's editor, and I had everything done, but it only ever came up as 1080p after 2 days.

Got tired of waiting so I did this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WWp...Yeueml4yuvZvoO

I just made a playlist and went hole by hole.

Let me know what you think.

I haven't had the quadcopter long, so forgive me for turning off to the side at times. Hopefully the more of these I do the better the work will be.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2016, 04:05 AM

Default Also

I haven't got music on every hole yet.

I am just putting some random free music on there anyhow, but just a heads up.
Old 04-20-2016, 09:22 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 36.6
Courses Played: 205
Throwing Style: LHBH

#1. Don't try to film the course map with the drone--take a handheld, close picture and splice it in.
#2. By posting each hole as an individual video, obscuring ads pop up each time and have to be closed--truly annoying.

The filming itself is OK.
Old 04-21-2016, 01:20 AM

Allright. I'll try to make them into 1 video from now on. It just takes a lot of time on my pc. 4k video is a beast.

I will tried to use proxies and see if it can handle rendering larger 4k videos.

I am kind of upset with the youtube editor right now. I spent a long time getting a beautiful single video edited together and even after 2 days the 4k hadn't came up.

I'll figuring something out.

I am thinking of doing Idlewild park in Northern Kentucky this weekend. I have 2 other cameras. 1 is an action cam that is 1080p which can fit a number of different mounts I have. And another that is an older sony handy cam at 720p. It has a very nice zoom but 720 looks really dated next to the other 2 I have.
Old 04-21-2016, 01:40 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 35.9
Courses Played: 69
Throwing Style: RHBH

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyDiscGolf View Post
Allright. I'll try to make them into 1 video from now on. It just takes a lot of time on my pc. 4k video is a beast.

I will tried to use proxies and see if it can handle rendering larger 4k videos.

I am kind of upset with the youtube editor right now. I spent a long time getting a beautiful single video edited together and even after 2 days the 4k hadn't came up.

I'll figuring something out.

I am thinking of doing Idlewild park in Northern Kentucky this weekend. I have 2 other cameras. 1 is an action cam that is 1080p which can fit a number of different mounts I have. And another that is an older sony handy cam at 720p. It has a very nice zoom but 720 looks really dated next to the other 2 I have.
I was hoping you'd do Idlewild, but not til you feel your skills can really do it justice. you need to do Goshen and Airy also...
Old 04-21-2016, 01:44 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 35.9
Courses Played: 69

and i had no problem with individual holes- no ads.
Old 04-21-2016, 06:56 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 260

Love to see video at Idlewild. fyi though: not sure all drones are like this but rumor has it another videographer found his drone had a chip that disabled flight that near the airport. So if yours works, that would be cool. Obviously, fly safely!
Old 04-21-2016, 07:18 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 29.9
Courses Played: 331

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSELL View Post
and i had no problem with individual holes- no ads.
No problems here when I viewed them, nice job.
Old 04-21-2016, 08:32 AM

Ah yeah. I didn't think of the airport. Your right, that is a no fly zone. I don't know if its a complete no fly or only a no fly over so many feet. Ill have to check. I don't see why it would be a problem to just do below tree level flying, which is all I need anyhow. Of course they often out right ban stuff because people can't be responsible and want to be dangerous so they just say no none at all.

I might have to get a hand held gimbal cam for certain situations. My drone does have warnings. It warns that you're entering a no fly, and it warns when you are near the leagal flight altitude. I believe you can ignore these warning at your own risk though. The max is 400 feet. 400 feet is way more than enough. The only things that would be an obstruction at that altitude are like sky scrapers, and towers. IMO no one should be flying around major cities anyhow.

I think you should be able to get passes to do flights, and get proper clearance and maybe training though. It sucks that all national parks are no flys. I guess they are scared a terrorist will put explosives on one and run it into a monument.

I would have liked to have taken mine to parks with natural sights though. What the hell is a bomb going to do to a waterfall? lol. Some times the blank laws are just stupid.

I am going to have to look into the laws and what the deal is at Idelwild. hopefully its far enough where they just have a lower limit and not a complete ban. I'll figure something out.

Old 04-21-2016, 08:48 AM

Default I looked it up.

On the DJI website it says that you can fly within 5 miles of an airport but its a cap of like 30 feet. If your with in like 2 miles I think its completely no and the software won't even let you take off.

I looked up kentucky law and saw a few sites saying that its no within 5 miles unless you contact the control tower at the airport.

So I guess ill have to call the control center and see if they give me the green light to not go over like 20 feet. I doubt ill even go that high anyhow.

We shall see.