Old 11-15-2012, 01:03 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 121
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by StingHP View Post
Not to take away from the Gazelle love, but are any of those throwers?
yes most are
Old 11-15-2012, 01:05 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 55
@Philly, I don't know if I would even try to sell it as it is pretty worn. Pretty sure it is the circle stamp version, as there was a pretty faded name and PDGA # on there. Also looks like it may have had several owners, some blocks of ink on the back I assume crossing out previous contact info. I dont throw them and it didnt cost me a cent, original owner declined it back, so I may just give it to you. PM me info if interested. I could probably snap some photos tonight if needed.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:32 PM
Broad Street Bully

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 27
I take em new destroyed and everything in between. Pm'd!
Old 12-13-2012, 04:48 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
Has anybody tried the factory store Pro or Star Gazelles? I miss my Gazelle, one of my first discs. I have no clue where I lost it.
Also, it seems like it used to be a lot more popular. Why isn't Innova running it in any other plastic than DX anymore? Same thing with many other Innova fairway drivers.. it's wrong!
Old 12-13-2012, 04:57 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by walde View Post
Has anybody tried the factory store Pro or Star Gazelles? I miss my Gazelle, one of my first discs. I have no clue where I lost it.
Also, it seems like it used to be a lot more popular. Why isn't Innova running it in any other plastic than DX anymore? Same thing with many other Innova fairway drivers.. it's wrong!
innova fairway drivers are about all I like from them. I would like to see them produce the gazelles in many plastics instead of all these warp speed drivers but we get what they want us to have.

I personally like DX Gazelles so I'm content I am getting 2 glo gazelles from a tournament (i dont remember where) for christmas from my brother, but lets hope they last a really long time based on how much I throw em. lol
Old 12-13-2012, 05:09 PM
Chaw Man

Years Playing: 23.2
Courses Played: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by walde View Post
You are correct. Gazelle's were HUGE in 95-99. I remember seeing someone throw one at Blue Mountain back in my hometown when I was in high school (sometime between 98-02) and watching him just carve up the course with it. I asked him about it and he said something about it being Innova's newest distance driver, and I just had to go get one...which I did quickly.

Once the tech improved and distance drivers became what we know them today, a lot of the fairway drivers kind of got pushed to the side. There was a time when everyone had an Gazelle, Banshee and Cheetah in their bag. And Pegasus' were the best wind-fighting disc on the market.

But those times are long past, my friend. While I never liked the Cheetah or Banshee, I do think the Gazelle should be talked about in the same breath as the Leopard, Eagle and Teebird (all of which come in a variety of plastics.) Sadly, the market just isn't there for Gaz's anymore.

Why would a new player want to pick up that lame old Gazelle when they could pick up that SICK Destroyer with the killer robot on it! Right?
Old 12-13-2012, 06:12 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 815
It's tough for Gazelles to get much of the market share when the eagle will do all the same things and goes a little farther. It's the same reason the beast and orc aren't seeing the sales that the wraith, destroyer and boss do. They're good discs, but there are discs with similar flight that are a little faster so they often get forgotten.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:22 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Why would a new player want to pick up that lame old Gazelle when they could pick up that SICK Destroyer with the killer robot on it! Right?
I did!

Fairway drivers are underrated nowadays, it's a bit sad... same goes with Whippets and Vipers. At least you can get a Banshee in premium plastic if you want an overstable fairway driver..
Old 12-13-2012, 06:27 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 56
A little faster and a little farther don't necessarily mean better and it's too bad newer players get drawn in by that so much. Sometimes slower has it's place and I find a lot of newer players, in my experience, miss out on that. Not too many bolfers carry D, 3W, PW, P.

Old 12-13-2012, 06:29 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashnut View Post
It's tough for Gazelles to get much of the market share when the eagle will do all the same things and goes a little farther. It's the same reason the beast and orc aren't seeing the sales that the wraith, destroyer and boss do. They're good discs, but there are discs with similar flight that are a little faster so they often get forgotten.
I guess people want to get the one that goes farther but with less accuracy.

Well, I guess it's better that Innova still runs those molds in DX rather than get them out of production completely.