Old 11-06-2012, 12:30 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 70
Just picked up a 165 dx eagle-x and a 165 champion eagle-x. Woohoo!
Old 11-06-2012, 01:16 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardu View Post
Just picked up a 165 dx eagle-x and a 165 champion eagle-x. Woohoo!
Let me know how you like and use each after they're beat up a little. I'm likely going to go to E-X and TB in 150 class and star (or champ) plastic and 170ish for both in DX for windier conditions.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:38 AM
*Legalize It*

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 37
Throwing Style: RHBH
nice Bardu that should be perfect.. the dx will be nice out the box and will break in to greatness.. the champ is prob gonna be beefy for ya but for what you need i think it will work very well .. great weights too. I throw Leopards and Teebirds but have actually been tinkering with adding a Eagle-X back in with them for the extra beef
Old 11-07-2012, 05:24 PM
Eagle Member

I played some more holes today, and I am really getting a hang of the Leopards. The Eagles are in the mail, so perhaps this will be my last round with the Leopards as my only driver. I tried alot of flex shots with them today and it was working really well, I almost had an ace. They would go very straight with just a little fade at the end. Didn't turn any on that line, but they resisted the fade for an awful long time and the glide is sick. I think I hyzer-flipped one today again, too.

Used a DX Roc on an approach that was too long for my Ion and almost had a birdie. I normally use the Ion as my approach disc, so that was fun. DX Rocs are still definately my favorite disc.

I don't know if its just the courses I've been playing, but I haven't been using the Comets all that much, I use Rocs for alot of my midrange work. I mainly would use them for point and shoot or on anhyzers. I should probably take them out to the field.

But yeah, very excited to start working with the Eagles. I really can't throw the 175 Pro Leopard so I dropped it from the bag and I'll keep it around as a backup until I improve enough to throw it. I should probably grab another one in a different weight, probably 170 or so? I really only know how to throw gentle hyzers and flex shots very well with the Leopards. The Eagle will probably be my main driver in the future, I'm guessing. I have alot to learn about my drivers. Here's what my bag will look like.

Drivers
165 Champ Eagle- beef
165 DX Eagle- main driver on the overstable side

165 Pro Leopard- main driver on the understable side

Midrange
173 KC Pro Roc- seasoned, wind, beef, pretty straight
173 DX Roc- fresh, hyzers
172 DX Roc- seasoned, straight with a predictable fade, hyzers, flex shots, drives
171 DX Roc- beat in, straight

171 Z Comet- a little more beef than the X Comet, anys, point and shoot
174 X Comet- anys, point and shoot

Putters
2 172 S Ion- all putts, approaches, and drives
Old 11-09-2012, 10:07 AM
Double Eagle Member

Love it, keep it, don't change it.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:26 AM
*Legalize It*

^^this.. hell i prob need to do the same thing lol .. i dont like wide rims anyway but could easily go Leo,Teebird, Eagle-X and cover everything
Old 11-09-2012, 11:47 AM
*Legalize It*

i might also add that i hate you now since you are making me miss my roc/comet setup lol
Old 11-09-2012, 02:53 PM
Eagle Member

Thanks guys! Not to mess with a good thing but I picked up a Japanese Nationals Champ McBeth Roc yesterday. It's heavy, 180, but I'll probably put it in my bag and start working with it.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:18 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardu View Post
Thanks guys! Not to mess with a good thing but I picked up a Japanese Nationals Champ McBeth Roc yesterday. It's heavy, 180, but I'll probably put it in my bag and start working with it.
No problems - Rocs compliment other Rocs from other years, plastics, styles, number of championships by their respective signatories, etc. You get the idea. Nothing wrong with adding another Roc in the bag - even if this one is very different from the others for the reasons discussed in the original announcement thread. Just make sure you have a use for it.

Just don't go all plus-rim on us.

(Also, if you're even in Mankato, give me a shout.)

Quote:
i might also add that i hate you now since you are making me miss my roc/comet setup lol
Same here. I'm still thinking about adding a Z in there with my DX Roc.

Old 11-10-2012, 04:45 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Runner Guy View Post
No problems - Rocs compliment other Rocs from other years, plastics, styles, number of championships by their respective signatories, etc. You get the idea. Nothing wrong with adding another Roc in the bag - even if this one is very different from the others for the reasons discussed in the original announcement thread. Just make sure you have a use for it.

Just don't go all plus-rim on us.

(Also, if you're even in Mankato, give me a shout.)

Same here. I'm still thinking about adding a Z in there with my DX Roc.
Haha, I was kinda joking, but there isn't much information out on those Rocs yet, so I'll have to test it myself. We'll start out by seeing if I can handle the weight.

Definately, finding a use for every disc is one thing that makes this game fun as well as challenging. When I first started I tried a bunch of different discs and didn't really have a use for very many of them. Now, I am getting really comfortable with the foundation of my bag, and it is a really good feeling. Now, when I add discs, I still have to find roles for them, but it is alot easier now that I have some discs I am comfortable with and my form has improved alot from this time a year ago.

My girlfriend and I do animal rescue, so I travel alot. There is a good chance I'll be through Mankato sometime soon. I'll get ahold of you!