Old 08-15-2012, 12:11 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 68
Funny, I keep going back and forth, but now I feel I should just stick with the Ions. I have two S stormtroopers that I have had forever and I am just comfortable with them, premium plastic or no. I am curious if anyone thinks I should try the new neutrons, or maybe a neutron Anode, everyone seems to be raving about them. I like softs, but is the neutron stiff like a medium proton? I have heard alot of people comparing them to stormtroopers.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:17 PM
Eagle Member

Another update, I purchased a couple of neutron Anodes. I wanted 172s but they had 173s so I went with those. Grabbed a couple more dx Rocs for my stack too, 171 and 172. I have dropped the TeeBirds for now to continue to work on my form for a while. Now my bag will be:

DX Roc 172
3 DX Roc 171- My main driver, midrange and everything in between. One for straight, the others for more hyzered shots, I'll working on getting them all beat in.

2 S Ions 172- Stormtroopers. These are beat in nicely and I'm very comfortable with them. We'll see how the Anodes work but I'm assuming I will use these for wind, hyzers, uphills
2 N Anodes 173- Main putters, straight approaches, anys
Old 08-16-2012, 12:28 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
So, just going mids and putters then? You could keep the Teebirds in the bag for rounds and just throw putters in field work (or go to an open hole when the course is empty and start chucking them).
Old 08-17-2012, 09:57 AM
Eagle Member

Well, I don't always get much field work, I mainly play rounds. So sometimes I just use my rounds as my field work. I can always put the TeeBirds back in when I have a really competitive round or for tournament, but for now I'm gonna stick with mids and putters.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:01 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardu View Post
Well, I don't always get much field work, I mainly play rounds. So sometimes I just use my rounds as my field work. I can always put the TeeBirds back in when I have a really competitive round or for tournament, but for now I'm gonna stick with mids and putters.
Props for your discipline. Drivers are just too fun to throw.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:57 AM
Eagle Member

I feel like I have a lot of room to grow and I can learn to get better snap, lines, angles, etc when I stick to low speed stuff. Most of the courses around here are pretty short so I can get alot of holes quickly and most of my friends can't throw their high speed drivers any further than I can throw my mids and putters (I can't throw my drivers much futher either, haha).

I just took the N Anodes out to the field after getting them in the mail. Right out of the box they were amazing. The feel slightly slicker than my Stormtroopers and they are stiffer, but not like medium protons. They were going straighter, further, and with less fade then the Ions. They were also holding the line longer on putts. I am also guessing they are going to be more accurate for alot of line shaping duties. I am in the same boat as everyone else, these discs are amazing.

I'm gonna try to upload a picture of my bag later.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:54 AM
Eagle Member

Another update, been playing 27+ holes a day since I picked up the N Anodes. They have replaced the Ions for alot of shots. They were immediately familiar feeling and easy to use. Just like an Ion, but they hold the line longer, fade less and later, glide longer, and just in general are straighter. Very tempted to pick up softs, too.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:01 AM
Eagle Member

I have been kinda strapped for cash lately and so I sold all the discs that aren't in my bag today. Unless I'm forgetting any:

SJLS, QJLS, QPLS
3 DX Roc
3 DX Teebird
Buzzz FLX, Z Buzzz
DX Leopard
DX Cobra
Champion Wraith
P-PD
12x KC Pro Roc

Sold it all for $40, pretty good deal for my friend.

So now I will concentrate on my 4x DX Roc, 2x Anode, and 2x Ions. I will probably start auditioning Eagles, Cyclones, Gazelles, or Pro Leopards when I want to start throwing a driver again.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:53 PM
Eagle Member

For those interested, my bag:

Old 09-03-2012, 03:18 PM
Eagle Member

I've actually been playing without the Ion at all lately. Anode/Roc combo is working great and appears to be all I need. The Anode is just as strong as the Ion for uphills and wind duties. The only time I could see missing the Ions is when I need a large fade, but I think the Anode will handle that sufficiently as well if I put the correct hyzer on it.

Any suggestions for the first driver to audition? I was tempted to try the Eagle. It would be nice to have a driver with some turn as well as some fade. I have read that the Eagle-Xs are going to be more useful in general? And most people that throw Eagles prefer champion? Do they say Eagle-X or Eagle-L on them or how do you tell them apart?

Last edited by Bardu; 09-03-2012 at 03:21 PM.