Courses Played: 68
Current Bag

174 Pro Leopard
172 Pro Leopard

172 DX Roc
3 171 DX Roc

2 172 S Ions- 3rd run stormtroopers, they are nicely beat in
2 173 N Anodes- main putter and approach

I have one really nicely beat in Roc. I kinda wanna get a little heavier roc to work with instead of some of the extra 171s. Really liking how the bag looks.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:56 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardu View Post
Current Bag

174 Pro Leopard
172 Pro Leopard

172 DX Roc
3 171 DX Roc

2 172 S Ions- 3rd run stormtroopers, they are nicely beat in
2 173 N Anodes- main putter and approach

I have one really nicely beat in Roc. I kinda wanna get a little heavier roc to work with instead of some of the extra 171s. Really liking how the bag looks.
An option is to get a 180 DX or KC Pro. Will work as the overstable slot in the bag, too.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:15 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.4
How about a lighter than 180 but still heavy DX Roc? Should I still get a KC Pro too? How about a champ Leo?
Old 09-13-2012, 08:39 AM
Bogey Member

If you want an overstable/stable Roc that will stay that way, try a 174+ Star Rancho. Field work with one has been great!
Old 09-13-2012, 09:06 AM
*Legalize It*

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 37
Throwing Style: RHBH
Champ Leopard would work well to compliment your Pro Leopards.. and mine are pretty stable really.. nice and straight with a predictable fade.. or i would just go Star/Champ Teebird that would work great as a overstable/windy day type driver for ya..and maybe a light weight firebird or pred as a utility meathook type disc.. i have been debating on dropping everything faster then my Leopards for a while too .. hell i pretty much throw them just as far as my distance drivers lol.. dont really carry anything over speed 9 anyway but still
Old 09-13-2012, 09:46 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardu View Post
How about a lighter than 180 but still heavy DX Roc? Should I still get a KC Pro too? How about a champ Leo?
A heavy DX will work too, 175 is what I throw. With your bag, I'd go with KC.

My understanding of Roc throwers is they they throw three or four - KC, seasoned (straight) and flippy, and they might have one fresh one they are working beating in.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:06 PM
Eagle Member

Really messed my leg up doing something other than disc golf. Can't really do anything more than throw from a standstill right now. Walking seems to help though so I've been trying to disc. Went to league disc the other day and also played a round with an old friend who is better than me so I've learned quite a bit lately, especially about anys and s-curves. Mainly using rocs and putters again now since I can't get my leopards up to speed.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:43 PM
Eagle Member

So, I'm still hobbling around throwing my mids and putters. I can't throw them 100% anymore, especially on drives. But basically using my upper body only for my has taught me plenty all the same. I am utilizing my discs at lower speeds and using height, hyzer, anhyzer, and s-curves in different ways than I did before. My Rocs have excelled.

I am thinking I might want to add an X-Comet or two back into my bag. A great mold in a baseline type plastic, very demanding of form, and alot of fun to work with.

As much as I love the Ion and Anode, I have noticed since I have been throwing less than 100%, and such at lower speeds, that perhaps I have been putting too much torque on them. I will have to play around with this. But I still seem to think there has to be a baseline putter out there that I might feel more comfortable with. I definately prefer the flight and stability of the Anode to the Ion. Are BB DX Aviars pretty hard to come by? I don't want to start throwing OOP discs. Would DX Aviars be a good fit? I remember KC Aviars being to stiff, would JKs be good ones to try? Any other baseline suggestions?
Old 09-21-2012, 05:14 PM
Bogey Member

I've been using 3 DX P/A Aviars 175g and have been very happy with them. All are pretty stiff, one feels denser than the other two so I drive with it and putt/approach with the other two. Great experiences.

While not a fan of them for putting, I've found Discmania Psychos make great driver putters. Good luck and heal up!

Old 09-21-2012, 11:32 PM
Eagle Member

So DX P/A Aviars are more for approaching? I am looking more for a putter putter. Would Yeti/JK/KC Pros be more what I'm looking for?