#31  
Old 07-17-2012, 10:53 PM
BraveThrower43's Avatar
BraveThrower43 BraveThrower43 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Concord NC
Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 210
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,373
Saw you at the players meeting. you were busy
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 07-18-2012, 12:44 AM
FredVegasDGC's Avatar
FredVegasDGC FredVegasDGC is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Years Playing: 28.3
Courses Played: 88
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,325
Today shooting the Pro masters Climo was in the group that a friend was in. After a few holes a course Marshall walked up an said I was getting in his line of sight. So I leave and go to shoot some other groups.

Later my friend told Climo that I'd move if he wanted me to. So its On him not me.

Later that night I get an e-mail from my PDGA contact...

"Was it you that Kenny got his Panties in a wad over?"
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07-18-2012, 01:12 AM
Dave242's Avatar
Dave242 Dave242 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lake Forest, IL
Years Playing: 20.3
Courses Played: 366
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 4,346
Sometimes I don't get it. We want to be "big time" and then an audience shows up and that is considered a distraction. If competitors and photographers are still and quiet during players' pre-shot routines, there should be no problems (even if they/you are in the line of sight).
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 07-18-2012, 01:43 AM
Mattallica's Avatar
Mattallica Mattallica is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 101
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,961
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredVegasDGC View Post
Today shooting the Pro masters Climo was in the group that a friend was in. After a few holes a course Marshall walked up an said I was getting in his line of sight. So I leave and go to shoot some other groups.

Later my friend told Climo that I'd move if he wanted me to. So its On him not me.

Later that night I get an e-mail from my PDGA contact...

"Was it you that Kenny got his Panties in a wad over?"
controversy!
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 07-18-2012, 06:50 AM
Spinthrift Spinthrift is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 368
Where are Worlds pix being posted?
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 07-18-2012, 07:57 AM
biscoe biscoe is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: spotsylvania, va
Years Playing: 19.3
Courses Played: 78
Posts: 4,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave242 View Post
Sometimes I don't get it. We want to be "big time" and then an audience shows up and that is considered a distraction. If competitors and photographers are still and quiet during players' pre-shot routines, there should be no problems (even if they/you are in the line of sight).
^^^this.


Last edited by biscoe; 07-18-2012 at 08:00 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 07-18-2012, 03:44 PM
Mr. JY Mr. JY is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Courses Played: 11
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredVegasDGC View Post
Today shooting the Pro masters Climo was in the group that a friend was in. After a few holes a course Marshall walked up an said I was getting in his line of sight. So I leave and go to shoot some other groups.

Later my friend told Climo that I'd move if he wanted me to. So its On him not me.

Later that night I get an e-mail from my PDGA contact...

"Was it you that Kenny got his Panties in a wad over?"
So....you were photographing a friend and Climo asked a marshal to tell you to 'go away'? Or just move?

And then your friend said to Climo (at your request?) that it was 'on him' if he wanted you to move?

Just trying to get more details.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 07-18-2012, 06:55 PM
jcrab66's Avatar
jcrab66 jcrab66 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Avon, IN
Years Playing: 18.2
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 1,647
nice talking to you this morning before my round at angry beaver, perhaps you got a shot of me on 18 or 1?
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 07-18-2012, 09:44 PM
FredVegasDGC's Avatar
FredVegasDGC FredVegasDGC is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Years Playing: 28.3
Courses Played: 88
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinthrift View Post
Where are Worlds pix being posted?
Once I get everything edited I'll post a slide show link...

Quote:
Originally Posted by j357 View Post
So....you were photographing a friend and Climo asked a marshal to tell you to 'go away'? Or just move?

And then your friend said to Climo (at your request?) that it was 'on him' if he wanted you to move?

Just trying to get more details.


Here's the details..

This is from the last series of that group. Hole 7 at Nevin. A very narrow wooded straight shot. THe old guy with the camera in the background is a course marshall (nice guy) This was about the 4th hole I shot of this group and was getting a little aggressive. But the other players in the group had no problem with me.

When Kenny stepped up on the tee pad he complained to the group about me. THis is when one of the player's in the group (a guy I traveled down with and was one I wanted to get some shots of) had told Kenny to let me know I was in his sight line and I would have moved. Anyway he didn't and promptly yanked this drive in to the right side woods.

I walk down to the end of the hole and hang out behind a big tree to get some up shots and the marshall comes up and lets me know that I had gotten too close. The marshall was totally cool about it. I told him no problem and walked away to shoot some other groups. The thing that irritated me a little was that I was there to shoot my friend that day and as a bonus Kenny was stuck on his card because they forgot he was playing masters this year.

By the end of the night the rumor about a photographer upsetting The Champ had spread all over.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrab66 View Post
nice talking to you this morning before my round at angry beaver, perhaps you got a shot of me on 18 or 1?
Here's a couple of DGCR players I got today on Hole 1 of Angry Beaver...





I apologize but I'm tired and can't remember the names...
Reply With Quote
 

  #40  
Old 07-18-2012, 10:30 PM
BillyLrsn BillyLrsn is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Savage, MN
Courses Played: 18
Posts: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredVegasDGC View Post

This was about the 4th hole I shot of this group and was getting a little aggressive. But the other players in the group had no problem with me.
FredVegasDGC, your photos look great and you seem like a good guy just trying to get a great shot, but the quote above makes me believe you knew you were in the wrong. The other guys in the group did not care about your "aggressive" position because the other guys in the group did not know what to expect from a photographer at "Worlds". The Champ knew what to expect, and I guess the Champ did not want to have to teach an etiquette class on photography while trying to play at the PDGA Worlds focused.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.