Courses Played: 210
Throwing Style: RHBH
Saw you at the players meeting. you were busy
Old 07-18-2012, 12:44 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 28.3
Courses Played: 88
Today shooting the Pro masters Climo was in the group that a friend was in. After a few holes a course Marshall walked up an said I was getting in his line of sight. So I leave and go to shoot some other groups.

Later my friend told Climo that I'd move if he wanted me to. So its On him not me.

Later that night I get an e-mail from my PDGA contact...

"Was it you that Kenny got his Panties in a wad over?"
Old 07-18-2012, 01:12 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.3
Courses Played: 366
Throwing Style: LHBH
Sometimes I don't get it. We want to be "big time" and then an audience shows up and that is considered a distraction. If competitors and photographers are still and quiet during players' pre-shot routines, there should be no problems (even if they/you are in the line of sight).
Old 07-18-2012, 01:43 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredVegasDGC View Post
Today shooting the Pro masters Climo was in the group that a friend was in. After a few holes a course Marshall walked up an said I was getting in his line of sight. So I leave and go to shoot some other groups.

Later my friend told Climo that I'd move if he wanted me to. So its On him not me.

controversy!
Old 07-18-2012, 06:50 AM
Birdie Member

Where are Worlds pix being posted?
Old 07-18-2012, 07:57 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.3
Courses Played: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave242 View Post
Sometimes I don't get it. We want to be "big time" and then an audience shows up and that is considered a distraction. If competitors and photographers are still and quiet during players' pre-shot routines, there should be no problems (even if they/you are in the line of sight).
^^^this.

Last edited by biscoe; 07-18-2012 at 08:00 AM.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:44 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 11
Quote:

So....you were photographing a friend and Climo asked a marshal to tell you to 'go away'? Or just move?

And then your friend said to Climo (at your request?) that it was 'on him' if he wanted you to move?

Just trying to get more details.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:55 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.2
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: LHBH
nice talking to you this morning before my round at angry beaver, perhaps you got a shot of me on 18 or 1?
Old 07-18-2012, 09:44 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 28.3
Courses Played: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinthrift View Post
Where are Worlds pix being posted?
Once I get everything edited I'll post a slide show link...

Quote:
Originally Posted by j357 View Post
So....you were photographing a friend and Climo asked a marshal to tell you to 'go away'? Or just move?

And then your friend said to Climo (at your request?) that it was 'on him' if he wanted you to move?

Just trying to get more details.

Here's the details..

This is from the last series of that group. Hole 7 at Nevin. A very narrow wooded straight shot. THe old guy with the camera in the background is a course marshall (nice guy) This was about the 4th hole I shot of this group and was getting a little aggressive. But the other players in the group had no problem with me.

When Kenny stepped up on the tee pad he complained to the group about me. THis is when one of the player's in the group (a guy I traveled down with and was one I wanted to get some shots of) had told Kenny to let me know I was in his sight line and I would have moved. Anyway he didn't and promptly yanked this drive in to the right side woods.

I walk down to the end of the hole and hang out behind a big tree to get some up shots and the marshall comes up and lets me know that I had gotten too close. The marshall was totally cool about it. I told him no problem and walked away to shoot some other groups. The thing that irritated me a little was that I was there to shoot my friend that day and as a bonus Kenny was stuck on his card because they forgot he was playing masters this year.

By the end of the night the rumor about a photographer upsetting The Champ had spread all over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrab66 View Post
nice talking to you this morning before my round at angry beaver, perhaps you got a shot of me on 18 or 1?
Here's a couple of DGCR players I got today on Hole 1 of Angry Beaver...

I apologize but I'm tired and can't remember the names...

Old 07-18-2012, 10:30 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 18
Quote:

This was about the 4th hole I shot of this group and was getting a little aggressive. But the other players in the group had no problem with me.
FredVegasDGC, your photos look great and you seem like a good guy just trying to get a great shot, but the quote above makes me believe you knew you were in the wrong. The other guys in the group did not care about your "aggressive" position because the other guys in the group did not know what to expect from a photographer at "Worlds". The Champ knew what to expect, and I guess the Champ did not want to have to teach an etiquette class on photography while trying to play at the PDGA Worlds focused.