Old 03-12-2015, 04:41 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 0.9
Courses Played: 9
Throwing Style: RHBH
VRoc

Thread specifically for the VRoc 1. Discuss all things. I'm personally interested in the opinions regarding the flight of the proto champion ones released.

From Innova website,

"The VRoc is a convex rimmed Roc that's based on the San Marino Roc with more torque resistance and a smaller fade. It also tends to have longer range as a bonus. The VRoc is good to go for shot shaping Mid-Range duty right out of the box. "

When referring to the comparison between VRoc 1, 2, 3 Innova said,

"VRoc 1 will be designated VRoc and is the mellowest and straightest out of the box Roc."
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2015, 10:02 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 35
Well I suspect most disc golfers are waiting for either the VRoc2, the VRoc3, or at least the VRoc1 mass produced in some plastic other than GStar. I'll admit I probably would have already bought one of these if there were a regular production run in something other than GStar. I may buy one anyway just for something to play with, but I'd say the chances it makes my bag are pretty slim. I neither love GStar, nor do I really need a Roc that is less stable than a Roc3 and will probably quickly break in even less stable than that.

If I had been quicker, I might have snagged one of the proto champions, but there again I'd be stuck with a disc that would be impossible to replace at anything approaching reasonable cost. Of course, if I'd snagged one, I probably would have looked at it a while, thought about it, and then gone on FB or eBay and sold it for a $10-15 markup.
Old 03-12-2015, 10:04 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 36
Throwing Style: RHFH
What is it supposed to do that a normal Roc won't? I just don't quite get it.

If the mass produce a Champ one I'll probably try it though.
Old 03-12-2015, 10:55 PM

Heres what they have for a profile pic. Looks like a mako with a bead to me.
Old 03-12-2015, 10:57 PM

Doesnt look much like a roc. That convex rim makes it very non-roc to me. Just the same roc bead i guess.
Old 03-12-2015, 10:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.8
Courses Played: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle View Post
"The VRoc is a convex rimmed Roc that's based on the San Marino Roc with more torque resistance and a smaller fade.
I wasn't interested in yet another Roc iteration until I read that. The San Marinos were already pretty straight out of the box... More HSS and less LSS than a San Marino sounds like a laserbeam of a disc. Not sure if it would overlap with a seasoned to straight Roc3 but it sounds like it might be a pretty straight out of the box Roc. Would be good for the people that like to have a different disc for each shot. Not sure if it would work for those that like to cycle discs.
Old 03-12-2015, 11:01 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.2
Courses Played: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazellionaire View Post
Doesnt look much like a roc. That convex rim makes it very non-roc to me. Just the same roc bead i guess.
I agree. This doesn't look like a Roc, IMHO. It has a understable type of rim and the flight numbers of the Shark. Now waiting for the results from those who use it.
Old 03-12-2015, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumo21 View Post
I agree. This doesn't look like a Roc, IMHO. It has a understable type of rim and the flight numbers of the Shark. Now waiting for the results from those who use it.
Yep, seems like it could have been named something completely different. Can't blame innova for wanting to capitalize on roc popularity tho. Excited to see how it flies. Difficult to guess. Maybe between shark and roc?
Old 03-12-2015, 11:14 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.2
Courses Played: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazellionaire View Post
Yep, seems like it could have been named something completely different. Can't blame innova for wanting to capitalize on roc popularity tho. Excited to see how it flies. Difficult to guess. Maybe between shark and roc?
I'll just stick to my Roc3, Roc+ and KC Roc. Although I do have 2 Star Roc's X-Out's on the ready.

Old 03-12-2015, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumo21 View Post
I'll just stick to my Roc3, Roc+ and KC Roc. Although I do have 2 Star Roc's X-Out's on the ready.
Looks like you have your rocs covered lol. I've always been a roc thrower, currently been on an mvp mid kick tho (tangents and tensor). Regular dx rocs were sweet for me, again tho, this doesnt look like much of a roc.