Old 07-23-2015, 07:13 PM

Courses Played: 10
First Run Stock

Not sure the exact right place to post this, please don't kill me mods, I am just trying to help my fellow disc golfers out. Didn't want to post this in the marketplace since they aren't really for sale yet?

I'm new, so I apologize in advance if non of this stuff is really wanted/collectable.

At my local store today, I noticed they have a nice selection of new protostar stamped first run discs. Nothing I need, but someone might like/want them.

They had...
DL- Daedalus
TL3- TL3
CL- Colt
FT- Foxbat
LY- Lycan
WL- Whale

Not trying to get rich by any means, cover my cost and throw me a few bones and I don't mind picking them up and shipping to anyone.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2015, 12:56 AM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 38
Throwing Style: RHFH
I could see the Colt being worth something to someone, and the Lycan is OOP the last time I heard so maybe it as well. But if the market is the same elsewhere as here the Dedalus, TL3 and Foxbat are not in high demand.

Not sure about the Whale, mixed reviews.
Old 07-24-2015, 01:56 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 35
Throwing Style: RHBH
Typically the really desirable first run discs sell out quite fast and you really have to jump on them right when they come out if you want to flip them and make a few bucks. FRs of models that have been on the market for months or years sitting in your local brick and mortar are probably never going to be worth any more than stock prices, sorry.
Old 07-24-2015, 02:00 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 35
That being said, the Colt came out quite recently and it seems pretty popular. Also, they retooled the mold after the first runs came out, so the stock run flies a little differently. The FR/proto Colts are still pretty plentiful but if you wanted to buy a few and sit on them for 6 months I would guess you could resell and make a few bucks. Just a guess, but that's probably your best shot of all the discs you listed.
Old 07-24-2015, 07:03 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
I could see the Colt being worth something to someone, and the Lycan is OOP the last time I heard so maybe it as well.
Lycan is back in production, AFAIK.

Old 07-25-2015, 01:03 AM

Courses Played: 10
Thanks for the info guys. Wasn't looking to make money really, just wanted to know if it was something someone wanted and they couldn't get their hands on it. Might pick up a few Colts just to hold, had some cool flag and camo stamps