Disc Golf Store
Old 10-29-2012, 07:39 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Um... View Post
Guys, for those who've thrown both is it fair to say that the Volt is a faster Axis?

Relatively fair to say.

I got two volts. Both 174, one bright yellow stock stamp and one skulltrooper from DN. I noticed out of the box that the bright yellow was slightly less stable, so I messed the rim of it a little on some concrete for some more interesting tests. Throwing them felt a lot like throwing a little wider rimmed teebirds. They did have more turn for sure than my TBs have, but given room they did fade out of it. I definitely like them, not the furthest throwers, not an instant falling in love experience, but solid control drivers
Old 10-29-2012, 08:00 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 36
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenn View Post
No he doesn't send out tracking. But he does ship crazy fast. Shipped the my Volts Thursday and they were ready for pick up (stupid post office) Saturday.
I gave Justin my first order as a customer a few weeks ago with the Volt Pre-order. I ordered 2 Volts and an Air Saint. My order didn't get marked as shipped until late Saturday... I was hoping to get them on Saturday to get some throws in over the weekend!
Old 10-29-2012, 08:04 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.8
Courses Played: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by laramiecarlson View Post
I gave Justin my first order as a customer a few weeks ago with the Volt Pre-order. I ordered 2 Volts and an Air Saint. My order didn't get marked as shipped until late Saturday... I was hoping to get them on Saturday to get some throws in over the weekend!
I pre-ordered my Volts months ago. August, maybe? Anyway, I got mine on Saturday and they were shipped Thursday.

When you order three or more discs he ships USPS Priority.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by laramiecarlson View Post
He was slammed with preorders and I believe did not get the discs until Thursday. He had to sort through 'em all and get them ready to ship, so it took a bit.

Fear not - you made a good decision to go with him. I ordered two discs from him this weekend at separate times. He combined the order into one package and refunded me one of the shipping charges. Good stuff.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post

Fear not - you made a good decision to go with him. I ordered two discs from him this weekend at separate times. He combined the order into one package and refunded me one of the shipping charges. Good stuff.
He did the same for me.

This was the first time ordering stuff from him, but it won't be the last. He's earned my business.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwizzle View Post
Discspeed: I'd seriously be afraid it would just get sucked up into the sky.

My thought exactly. But how often do you get to throw in a hurricane?
I thought that might have been what would happen. But as schwizzle said, how often? Thats an opportunity that could not be passed up.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric40817 View Post
This is to a tee what I experienced with mine. I got my out to 260-270 on my best throw. It flies very similar to my dx teebird and *TB.
You got it to 260-270.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric40817 View Post
Today I got the Volt out about 325-350.

Just as a scale comparison, my best drive with a bliz boss is 315.
Then out to 325-350?

Was this because of the wind?
Old 10-29-2012, 10:20 PM
Bogey Member

I have been a victim to the instant flippy-ness. Just a little OAT on it but i can tell we'll have a long relationship
Old 10-29-2012, 10:56 PM
Double Eagle Member

if youre seeing instant flippy-ness were talking a lot of OAT.

Old 10-29-2012, 11:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Um... View Post
Guys, for those who've thrown both is it fair to say that the Volt is a faster Axis?

The Volt is a faster hybrid of the Vector and the Axis. I'm not sure that for it's slot it glides quite as well as the Axis, but more like a Vector. It's got the slight high speed turn of seasoned and some new Axis, but it has the LSS of a seasoned Vector. So the Axis flies very straight from a flat throw, the Vector goes dead straight and then fades strongly, and the Volt does more of a tight S pattern flight. It's one heck of a trio...The range at which I start having to push the mids a little too hard on tight holes(300'-340' depending on line) it is a pretty easy throw with the Volt.