Old 11-29-2012, 09:48 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 24
Nice gradual hyzer flip. At my 300' power, I normally throw Volts flat or very slight hyzer.

Agree Volt is nice FH disc, I normally use FH at approaches or short holes only. There is short hole at Turkey Lake T2 (#4) that I always (most of time) park my Volts with FH despite trees all around.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 55
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
My Volts have turned into my workhorse driver now. Anything 375-450 I'm pulling them out. Starting to get very little fade out of my 169 Blue that I throw pretty religiously. Found a couple other domey ones at GGGT so I can get a more stable flight out of them. Can't wait to see something in the stable/OS department!
Old 11-29-2012, 10:12 PM
* Ace Member *

I talked to Chad about the Volt as well and he told me that they should be coming off more consistently stable. The learning curve has been sharper for MVP with the drivers than at any previous point(he said PLH is 20x more sensitive with the drivers vs. mids/putters), which is saying a lot since they already pioneered their overmolding process.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:13 PM
Reptilian Disc Golf

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 14
any hints as to which direction they will go with their next disc?
*fingers crossed* it is not a distance driver.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcassidy1990 View Post
I have no official idea, but if I had to guess I think they will do another driver with the same core and similar wing width as the Amp/Volt just to master that speed/wing size of driver before moving on to something wider. Assuming that, it could either be a disc like a TB/flat Vector that has no high speed turn and fades late, or it could be something more overstable in nature.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:11 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcassidy1990 View Post
I hope it's something starfire-esque! I'm going to agree with Discspeed that it'll probably be the same core/wing size, due to the fact that it'll take a lot more research/testing/development for a wide rim driver. I'm kinda surprised that they went with understable as their second driver, the first truly understable disc from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
I have no official idea, but if I had to guess I think they will do another driver with the same core and similar wing width as the Amp/Volt just to master that speed/wing size of driver before moving on to something wider. Assuming that, it could either be a disc like a TB/flat Vector that has no high speed turn and fades late, or it could be something more overstable in nature.
Didn't you say they were trying to get the Volt to be more like what you just said? I hope that's the case, or a new wing that'll do that. Either way I'll be a happy camper.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:49 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPuppySlayer View Post

Didn't you say they were trying to get the Volt to be more like what you just said? I hope that's the case, or a new wing that'll do that. Either way I'll be a happy camper.
I think the Volt is intended to be like 9/-1/5/2.5...a disc that is easy to work lines with sort of like an EX, just with a bit more speed/glide/sensitivity. I don't think it's intended to be a zero high speed turn disc, so I think we will see two more discs from this core.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:56 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
I think the Volt is intended to be like 9/-1/5/2.5...a disc that is easy to work lines with sort of like an EX, just with a bit more speed/glide/sensitivity. I don't think it's intended to be a zero high speed turn disc, so I think we will see two more discs from this core.
I'd be ok with everything in this post.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:52 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 24
Quote:
Two more discs from this core would make sense. A more stable longer TB (that is nicely workable in moderate headwinds for most) and a Firebird/XXX/Pred kind of disc. So they should replace my PDs and XXX and make it my bag almost all MVP except for Zone and Fuse.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:57 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by 811rv View Post
So they should replace my PDs and XXX and make it my bag almost all MVP except for Zone and Fuse.
sounds like my hopes except sub in a warship for the fuse!!