Old 12-11-2012, 06:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: RHBH
The volt has become my go to disc for all sorts of long distance tee shots. Anymore I feel like I just play rounds with Anodes and Volts, that's how much I throw them. I use them for hyzers, straight shots and anhyzers both backhand and forehand and it's really impressive how versatile they can be. The more I've become used to them the easier time I have controlling them in headwinds and crosswinds. They still get knocked around in a really strong wind but I can confidently throw a long hyzer in a mild headwind with them now.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:50 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
The volt has become my go to disc for all sorts of long distance tee shots. Anymore I feel like I just play rounds with Anodes and Volts, that's how much I throw them. I use them for hyzers, straight shots and anhyzers both backhand and forehand and it's really impressive how versatile they can be. The more I've become used to them the easier time I have controlling them in headwinds and crosswinds. They still get knocked around in a really strong wind but I can confidently throw a long hyzer in a mild headwind with them now.
how many are you cycling between and what weights and colors?
Old 12-11-2012, 07:46 PM
Banned

Courses Played: 19
Mike you should make a new Volt video now that you have the hang of the volt. i would love to see some hyzer bombs, anny, straight shots through tight tunnels.. A new video is definitely in order

Glad your enjoying the volt.. sadly it just snowed here and its finals week next week so i cant get out to throw mine.

EDIT: nvm, just saw you made a new vid in your signature o_o

Last edited by plex; 12-11-2012 at 07:50 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by dehaas View Post
how many are you cycling between and what weights and colors?
Currently I have a 172 magenta that's my most worn in Volt, and a max weight neon yellow / green that's slightly more OS, paired with a Quasar and freak OS Amp. The magenta is a lot of fun to throw because of how much glide it has and the subtle turnover lines it can do. Those longer holes with a slight right finish are a blast to run with it.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:05 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 11
Not sure if you guys have seen this yet, but I saw MVP post this on Facebook today. Maybe we'll get to see some other really cool looking discs like this in the future if they can make it happen pretty consistently!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Volt-Grey-Ma...item27cdaefd70
Old 12-12-2012, 05:09 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakamkram View Post
Not sure if you guys have seen this yet, but I saw MVP post this on Facebook today. Maybe we'll get to see some other really cool looking discs like this in the future if they can make it happen pretty consistently!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Volt-Grey-Ma...item27cdaefd70
Mmmm. Gorgeous.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:46 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypaws View Post
Mmmm. Gorgeous.
And invisible...think shadows.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:20 PM
* Ace Member *

A lot of the creamy pink Neutron discs look like that. Easier to find too.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:44 PM
* Ace Member *

I'm starting to think I'm going to have to choose between the AMP and the Volt to sit beside my PDs. The two discs wouldn't overlap enough for most, but my bag is pretty trimmed down. For me the Amp/Volt are seeming like the Anode/Ion...Even though they are different they are still going to fill a similar role, kind of like EXs and TBs. Right now the Volt has got the edge as it seems more versatile. It sucks though, because I'm really liking the Amp too. I may just take out Amps for a while until I feel really connected to my Volts, and then test them again. Right now it's like my arm is trying to make them fly the same.

I can say that for people who found the Volt to be overstable the Amp will be money. I was playing a very skilled female today who throws in the 300' range and usually throws Leos. Her first drive with the Amp was awesome, nearly ace running after a very straight slight hyzer flip flight. I was surprised how reliably it faded for her...it looked like the Volt flies for me when I throw it 50' farther.

Right now I'm thinking the Volt will win out for me. The extra little bit of stability and more precision (aka what others call "nose angle sensitive" or "touchy") has it in the lead so far. I'm also much better FH with the Volt than the Amp as the Volt continues to amaze me FH. The Volt is the only disc I can FH off the tee and have it look like a LHBH shot...I still have no idea why this is.

I've been really having fun crushing the Volt on a high turned over distance line...It may say "fairway" driver, but now that I've got the feel of it I can put it out as far (or perhaps a bit farther) than my PDs. So far it seems that Volt/PD is a money combo...Amp/PD would be great as well in a more PD heavy lineup.

Old 12-12-2012, 09:55 PM
* Ace Member *

when i first held the volt i did not like the shallow feel. I adjusted my grip and learned to throw it. Now i love the feel and other drivers feel funny to me. dammit!!! same with the anode ion, the feel is something to get used to but once your hand becomes familiar its hard to switch away.