Old 03-04-2013, 08:16 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenn View Post
Couldn't agree more. This is going in the sig.
Nice. Im so locked into the speed of the volt that I understand this too. Only once out of dozens and dozens of drives have I hyzerd the thing out unintentionally. Really great because in competition it keeps things really simple for me. I can ignore a bunch of pointless thoughts about technique ("quick steps, smooth, keep the nose down, don't strain") and instead can go into a more primative stupid ape mind which seems to work a lot better for golf (1...2, throw).
Old 03-04-2013, 12:20 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menacewarf View Post
Nice. Im so locked into the speed of the volt that I understand this too. Only once out of dozens and dozens of drives have I hyzerd the thing out unintentionally. Really great because in competition it keeps things really simple for me. I can ignore a bunch of pointless thoughts about technique ("quick steps, smooth, keep the nose down, don't strain") and instead can go into a more primative stupid ape mind which seems to work a lot better for golf (1...2, throw).
Yep. I played my all-time best round at Audubon yesterday thanks to my Volts. Hand't played there since picking up the MVP drivers, so it was nice to really air out my shots (Audubon has only one hole under 300 feet, and several 400+). I found I was able to stop concentrating on my form and just throw, and got some amazing (personally) results.

The best shot of my disc golf "career" happened when my buddy and I caught up to a group of eight playing doubles. They let us play through, which meant taking my drive with a whole gallery of onlookers. I almost always crack under the pressure, but this time I nailed the drive through 200' of low branches and close trees, punched out the other side, and sailed for another 210-20' feet, outdistancing every other shot on that hole by 100'. Up and down for the easy birdy, and I felt awesome.

All thanks to that flippin' Volt that knows what to do when I don't.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:23 PM
* Ace Member *

I don't get the volt. I step up and throw nice and smooth and the thing just goes!!! Small turn gentle fade and longer than any other disc I have at less effort. It truly is an amazing disc that shares no equal!!! I'm reaching holes at my home course that I never did before and it's easy!!!

Thanks MVP!!!!
Old 03-04-2013, 12:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 12
The Volt is quickly becoming my go to control driver. Anything up to 400 I feel very confident with the volt. Can't wait to pair the two in my bag with a new run shock.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:05 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 17
I know what you mean when you say it just goes with no effort.

I find myself overthrowing holes more often, i think this is because the gyro effect makes the disc hold lines longer and because of this it has more glide time during its long turn/fade periods. instead of dumping off it holds a long forward penetrating fade that gives it that extra 20-30

I always reach for the volt when i feel a basket is just out of range for my axis or vectors.

i know people say its the archer not the arrow.. but i believe just throwing MVP discs has shaved off many strokes in my game
Old 03-04-2013, 01:06 PM
Chaw Man

Years Playing: 23.5
Courses Played: 41
The only problem I'm having with the Volt is that it goes so far! I think, if you were to give it Innova-type speed ratings, that it would be much faster than any other fairway driver out there...which is why I like the wording of "control driver"
Old 03-04-2013, 01:12 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Throwing Style: LHBH
I used it as my main driver for the first time this past weekend. I pulled off some shots I didn't think I was capable of throwing. Low, long line-drives, it just went straight with almost no fade. What turn it has is noticeable, but negliable. I didn't do a ton of line-shaping with it, but it sure seemed to handle a hyzer fine. I'm really impressed with it thus far. If there was one ding on it, it's when it hits a tree, it ricochets like no other disc I've seen.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:31 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 24
Are they any colors that are more stable than others?
Old 03-04-2013, 01:51 PM
Double Eagle Member

trick question, black and white arent colors.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:02 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by crd 81 View Post
Are they any colors that are more stable than others?
I like the Lime Green/Yellow ones, the lime green one i have has tiny bit higher PLH than the rest of my Volts and more stable.. it was a first run though, the new ones will all be the same most likely.

If anything you might find a white one that's more stable, white seems to vary more than most colors.

I always get MVP drivers in that lime green color though, it just glows and is very consistent i find.