Old 03-04-2013, 03:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 138
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via AIM to New013
my lime green one was not very stable at all. at least in comparison to what i've seen from others.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:03 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 24
I bought a heavier yellow/slight greenish Volt and it flies more stable than my pink. I was getting some better rips on it than the pink. As for the pink volt, I played around with the hyzer to see how much it would take and it not flip over. I think I found some usefulness for my pink Volt.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:43 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by crd 81 View Post
I bought a heavier yellow/slight greenish Volt and it flies more stable than my pink. I was getting some better rips on it than the pink. As for the pink volt, I played around with the hyzer to see how much it would take and it not flip over. I think I found some usefulness for my pink Volt.
Good to hear, i get all my MVP fairways in that neon green/yellow color, that color is always consistent across all molds for me, not that other colors aren't, but i have just never had a problem with it in particular.

I keep 2 volts in the bag also, a first run "freak" that's slightly more over-stable (has higher plh) and a new run that is similar it just feels a little more broke in out of the box.

I have a new run volt in my sale thread if anyone is interested.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:52 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by in4d View Post
Good to hear, i get all my MVP fairways in that neon green/yellow color, that color is always consistent across all molds for me, not that other colors aren't, but i have just never had a problem with it in particular.

I keep 2 volts in the bag also, a first run "freak" that's slightly more over-stable (has higher plh) and a new run that is similar it just feels a little more broke in out of the box.

I have a new run volt in my sale thread if anyone is interested.
I said this in the other thread, but I think the Volt needs a little more LSS. I think it's a solid disc it just needs a tad more tweaking on the LSS.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:58 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 17
Quote:
I said this in the other thread, but I think the Volt needs a little more LSS. I think it's a solid disc it just needs a tad more tweaking on the LSS.
i love the forward finnish, i don't want it changed at all

This is what the Shock is for in my opinion.

Get a first run shock and you will be in candy land, its exactly what your asking for.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:18 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by in4d View Post
i love the forward finnish, i don't want it changed at all

This is what the Shock is for in my opinion.

Get a first run shock and you will be in candy land, its exactly what your asking for.
I'm thinking that the Volt will have more LSS when it is released in Proton plastic. At least, that is what I am hoping.

I do like the fact that it likes to be hyzer-flipped. The predictability is easier to gauge than something I have to throw flat. I haven't put them through it's paces on the course, but I can see the potential through the field work I have been doing. One thing I have noticed about it is that it doesn't like power hyzers. Shots where a Pred or PD are good at, but that's why I have a Pred in that slot.

I wonder if the the first run Shock-mold will continue to exist as another named disc?
Old 03-09-2013, 09:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by crd 81;

I wonder if the the first run Shock-mold will continue to exist as another named disc?
Nope...there is only one mold. All it takes is a fart on the wind to make an overstable disc understable, but now they have a fart filter.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:28 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
Nope...there is only one mold. All it takes is a fart on the wind to make an overstable disc understable, but now they have a fart filter.
lol

I put my question in the other thread just in case it got over looked here. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:13 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 104
Quote:
I'm thinking that the Volt will have more LSS when it is released in Proton plastic. At least, that is what I am hoping.

I do like the fact that it likes to be hyzer-flipped. The predictability is easier to gauge than something I have to throw flat. I haven't put them through it's paces on the course, but I can see the potential through the field work I have been doing. One thing I have noticed about it is that it doesn't like power hyzers. Shots where a Pred or PD are good at, but that's why I have a Pred in that slot.

its a neutral fairway driver-- not an overstable control distance driver.. I have no problem with "power" hyzers" though, was actually going to post a video of me throwing the volt on some great hyzer lines with minimal turn at Kaposia'

also MVP plastic seems to have little effect on stability.. mostly dome vs flat-- Have yet to see any difference in the stability of putters/mids regarding plastics, if anything the proton might have less low speed fade (atleast my anodes and axis are that way)

Last edited by Aim For The Chains; 03-09-2013 at 10:17 PM.

Old 03-09-2013, 10:37 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
its a neutral fairway driver-- not an overstable control distance driver.
That's why I have a pred.

Quote:
I have no problem with "power" hyzers" though, was actually going to post a video of me throwing the volt on some great hyzer lines with minimal turn at Kaposia'
I think there has to be a little more height in order for it work. I'm thinking more of lower lines.

Quote:
also MVP plastic seems to have little effect on stability.. mostly dome vs flat-- Have yet to see any difference in the stability of putters/mids regarding plastics, if anything the proton might have less low speed fade (atleast my anodes and axis are that way)
Here's hoping that the Proton is a tad more stable. Current ratings are around -1/1.5. I'm wanting more of -1/2.0. Just a little more LSS, not much.