#1781  
Old 04-19-2013, 11:54 AM
in4d's Avatar
in4d in4d is offline
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: North Woods
Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
I would def. agree and even say the volt also has less low speed fade than many stable (champ/star) teebirds I have thrown which are a easy 1-2 LSS where the volt at 400'+ power fade seems more in the 1/0 range
Yes but Innova is very inconsistent, you can buy 2 teebirds that will be completely different discs.. its unreal

that's why i throw MVP because i know how they are going to fly, after the first runs :P
Reply With Quote
  #1782  
Old 04-19-2013, 11:59 AM
Aim For The Chains's Avatar
Aim For The Chains Aim For The Chains is offline
Plastic Counselor
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MINNESOTA
Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 101
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,496
^agreed- I have had teebirds range from road runner understable to predator OS and with all the damn blends, molds, runs, stamps and so on how in the world could you keep them all straight. Ill take a shock and volt anyyyyyyyy day off the shelf and know wtf its going to do before a Tbird...
Reply With Quote
  #1783  
Old 04-19-2013, 12:02 PM
Titan037's Avatar
Titan037 Titan037 is offline
www.salientdiscs.com
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Frisco/Abilene, TX
Posts: 2,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
^agreed- I have had teebirds range from road runner understable to predator OS and with all the damn blends, molds, runs, stamps and so on how in the world could you keep them all straight. Ill take a shock and volt anyyyyyyyy day off the shelf and know wtf its going to do before a Tbird...
Plus it sucks to take a risk on an expensive version you would love for your bag and have to throw away money on identical back ups.
Reply With Quote
  #1784  
Old 04-19-2013, 12:04 PM
Aim For The Chains's Avatar
Aim For The Chains Aim For The Chains is offline
Plastic Counselor
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MINNESOTA
Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 101
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,496
yeah I made that point in another thread regarding $ being an issue in trying out new companies/plastic and said where its actually CHEAPER to try new molds than continue using old ones which can change, become OOP or whateverrrr and the replacement cost goes through the roof vs retail prices'
Reply With Quote
  #1785  
Old 04-19-2013, 01:28 PM
mattrowe mattrowe is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by threevok View Post
I'm trying to avoid winding up with an Amp, FR Shock, and Volt that all do the same thing for my 330' power..
I throw Amps and Volts roughly the same distance as you. The Amp & Volt are quite different for me. The Volt does not turn much, and has minimal fade unless it completely stalls. It's essentially a lazer beam for me (when released flat)... Which is a little tough to get used to since so many golfers are used to hyzer flipping an understable disc for lazers. It basically holds whatever line you release it on.

The Amp has a decent amount of turn, a little bit more glide, and slightly more fade. I can get a little bit more distance out of it. It's the most predictable/controllable understable driver I've thrown.

I haven't gotten around to throwing the Shock. I'm pretty happy with a semi-fresh s-line PD in that slot. Once that gets beat in, I'll likely try out a Shock.

For the record, I throw all of these discs in weights in the upper 160's.
Reply With Quote
  #1786  
Old 04-19-2013, 01:42 PM
thugjitsu's Avatar
thugjitsu thugjitsu is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: La Habra
Courses Played: 9
Posts: 1,426
I miss my really under stable amp it flew like a 150 DX sidewinder but in max weight. Made me feel like a lefty.
Reply With Quote
  #1787  
Old 04-19-2013, 02:32 PM
Phenn's Avatar
Phenn Phenn is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Dallas, TX
Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 15
Posts: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by thugjitsu View Post
I miss my really under stable amp it flew like a 150 DX sidewinder but in max weight. Made me feel like a lefty.
I have a max-weight Amp that does the same thing--soooo sweet to have a premium disc that's gonna hold that flight for a loooooong time.

I made the mistake of having Will Schustrick sign my go-to, blank Volt. It's such a good disc, but now I'm all hesitant to throw it. I tried to replace it with another of my Volts, but there's a 5-6 gram difference, and I can really feel it...
Reply With Quote
  #1788  
Old 04-19-2013, 05:56 PM
threevok's Avatar
threevok threevok is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Years Playing: 1.7
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 683
Just got back from 3 hours in the field throwing the Amp, FR Shock, Axis, and Tangent. The city cleared the snow off the artificial turf soccer field just for me. The wind was less than 10 MPH when I started and ramped up to 15-20 after about an hour.

Thrown flat, my Amp is straight, very little turn, and a hard fade. The Shock has a lot of turn and moderate fade. I turned the Shock over, as in burn, many times but never the Amp. Had a hard time getting them out to 300'. Hit 300' a few times with the Tangent though before the wind kicked up. Kinda bummed. Maybe I don't have enough juice to bring out the magic.
Reply With Quote
  #1789  
Old 04-19-2013, 06:20 PM
the_pwnerator's Avatar
the_pwnerator the_pwnerator is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Frankenmuth, MI
Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 919
Quote:
Originally Posted by threevok View Post
Just got back from 3 hours in the field throwing the Amp, FR Shock, Axis, and Tangent. The city cleared the snow off the artificial turf soccer field just for me. The wind was less than 10 MPH when I started and ramped up to 15-20 after about an hour.

Thrown flat, my Amp is straight, very little turn, and a hard fade. The Shock has a lot of turn and moderate fade. I turned the Shock over, as in burn, many times but never the Amp. Had a hard time getting them out to 300'. Hit 300' a few times with the Tangent though before the wind kicked up. Kinda bummed. Maybe I don't have enough juice to bring out the magic.
I think you have the Amp and the Shock mixed up. If not, you have some freak discs
Reply With Quote
 
  

  #1790  
Old 04-19-2013, 06:23 PM
threevok's Avatar
threevok threevok is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Years Playing: 1.7
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 683
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_pwnerator View Post
I think you have the Amp and the Shock mixed up. If not, you have some freak discs
Well, they are blank, and I am dumb.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.