Disc Golf Store
Old 06-15-2013, 09:01 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekdo View Post
The volt probably wont turn at all with 300-325 ft of power. Ive tossed mine 400' with a bit of turn but not too much. You probably wont see any turn until 350+ and like others have said you can hyzer flip it for some nice straight shots
You may have one thats a little domey or higher PLH first run?

My volts turn at that distance.. but i have also been throwing them since release so they are getting seasoned.

maybe you naturally throw with a slight hyzer release? most people do.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:59 PM
* Ace Member *

I love MVP and the volt is a great driver. I keep getting drawn back to lat for my drivers. I think it's because the lat discs have so much glide they are easier to throw than MVP. Am I crazy?

Also I still throw an all MVP bag some days so please don't flame on me it's a legit question (puts helmet on and hides in the closet)
Old 06-15-2013, 10:02 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlass01 View Post
I love MVP and the volt is a great driver. I keep getting drawn back to lat for my drivers. I think it's because the lat discs have so much glide they are easier to throw than MVP. Am I crazy?

Also I still throw an all MVP bag some days so please don't flame on me it's a legit question (puts helmet on and hides in the closet)
MVP discs have alot of glide and are easy to throw.. Lat 64 has the River which is an amazing disc.. But the Amp kicked it out.. I feel bad and am taking my River back out to test drive.. So I understand and you are not crazy. Lat 64 is a great company, as it MVP. Nothing wrong with using either brand.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:03 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 60
It really just depends on how each person throws. lat seems to be high glide, rewards smooth low power players ( of course borg aint low power) while MVP seems to be more respondent to smooth high power players. If nothing else than by the sum of the discs marketed.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:11 PM
* Ace Member *

I have not found any MVP disc to have more glide than any lat disc of equal stability. I also would not say MVP discs are easy to throw. They arw nit hard, but There is a learning curve. I explain that to everyone about every disc, but MVP is different. They do require a different throw. I agree with menacewarf great observation.

Not shelving the MVP drivers for good I will give them their fair shot, but when I can throw a saint farther with less effort than the volt I have to question why I want the volt to work so bad.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:19 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
I have not found any MVP disc to have more glide than any lat disc of equal stability. I also would not say MVP discs are easy to throw. They arw nit hard, but There is a learning curve. I explain that to everyone about every disc, but MVP is different. They do require a different throw. I agree with menacewarf great observation.

Not shelving the MVP drivers for good I will give them their fair shot, but when I can throw a saint farther with less effort than the volt I have to question why I want the volt to work so bad.
Hmmm? Maybe I'm just weird but I could throw all Drivers instantly. The Vector and Tangent were natural as well. Anode was love at first sight. Ion needed work I won't lie. Axis is veryyyyy difficult to flow as is the Tensor.. Which is why I don't like them. I'm glad they are easy for me though.

You want the Volt to work because you spent money on it
Old 06-15-2013, 10:36 PM
* Ace Member *

^not worried about that at all, I know how to use the MP

I want the volt to work, because the more MVP I throw the more people ask what was that? I love MVP and love turning players onto them. When I'm in my local shop they refer to me for questions, because I am the MVP head in town. I will always suggest and guide people to MVP, but I have learned with all disc suggestions to give them some general expectations as well.

One guy was pissed at me for wasting his money on the volt. Took him to the field and showed him what it can do and worked with him. He was throwing teebirds and leopards as well as me, but he was flipping the volt something fierce. Slowed him down and ten throws later he had a personal best. If I did not have the time to do that he would have been turned off, but now he has all their drivers. He just never learned the disc and blamed the disc.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:39 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
^not worried about that at all, I know how to use the MP

I want the volt to work, because the more MVP I throw the more people ask what was that? I love MVP and love turning players onto them. When I'm in my local shop they refer to me for questions, because I am the MVP head in town. I will always suggest and guide people to MVP, but I have learned with all disc suggestions to give them some general expectations as well.

One guy was pissed at me for wasting his money on the volt. Took him to the field and showed him what it can do and worked with him. He was throwing teebirds and leopards as well as me, but he was flipping the volt something fierce. Slowed him down and ten throws later he had a personal best. If I did not have the time to do that he would have been turned off, but now he has all their drivers. He just never learned the disc and blamed the disc.
I have so many friends who blame the MVP discs.. I told him to throw it flat because he bombs it in the air like a Nuke. Correct me if I'm wrong but the Nuke and Volt are different discs.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:44 PM
Plastic Counselor

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 103
^that's why I love MVP-- you f' up your drive and you know it.

Old 06-15-2013, 11:09 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 17
Quote:
when I can throw a saint farther with less effort than the volt I have to question why I want the volt to work so bad.
I feel like other discs are "easier to throw" also, but i dont get the point and shoot and distance control i get with MVP, i think easier to range the distance with less glide.

lol i just say pick a disc and stick with it, doesnt matter what company, how much glide.. whatever stability, etc. just pick something and stick with it and you will master any disc over time.. besides the groove of course

i just choose MVP because they all feel the same and its fun to develop around cores that always feel the same, makes my game that much better.