Old 06-16-2013, 12:19 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 66
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Johnson View Post
Qikly - I throw about the same distance as you and this /\ is exactly how it flies for me (though I have pretty much no experience w/Beasts). For my money, I think it's the best disc they make.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinf67 View Post
I agree with this. -1, 2 at that range. I am at that same level and I love this disc. You have to have decent form, I didnt like it a few months ago. As I have cleaned up my form and got better, this disc has become one of my go to's. My GL Saint and this disc are similar, but both do different things for me. The volt has SLIGHT turn when thrown flat, not too much fade. But, where this shines is the lines I can hit with it. Sweeping hyzers with forward fade, tunnel shots,etc. I have to say this and the Anode are my 2 favorites from MVP. Anode is Amazing as an approach disc, shaved strokes immediately. Just got an Amp, I'm liking it so far. Tangent is nice, slow, slight turn on a decent rip. Vector is good too for straight shots with nice fade at the end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekdo View Post
The volt probably wont turn at all with 300-325 ft of power. Ive tossed mine 400' with a bit of turn but not too much. You probably wont see any turn until 350+ and like others have said you can hyzer flip it for some nice straight shots
Thanks for the feedback, all. I think it sounds like the Volt will have a little too much fade at my power level for what I want. I think I'm going to look into trying an Amp.

Cheers!
Old 06-16-2013, 12:26 AM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikly View Post
Thanks for the feedback, all. I think it sounds like the Volt will have a little too much fade at my power level for what I want. I think I'm going to look into trying an Amp.

Cheers!
why not get both.. most people can handle a volt, esp if you throw 325'
Old 06-16-2013, 01:03 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by in4d View Post
why not get both.. most people can handle a volt, esp if you throw 325'
I might, eventually, but I'm happy with my Stags, and it seems like the Volt would overlap a lot with my Tournament Stags. Probably a little less fade, but the same basic lines/roles, and I try to avoid overlap. Will probably try one out eventually, though. My recent success with the Tangent has definitely sparked my interest in MVP.
Old 06-16-2013, 02:44 AM
Par Member

Just picked up a couple MVP.. Volt neutron and Tangent proton. Interested to see the differences between plastics.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:37 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 31
Quote:
Thanks for the feedback.

This is an interesting suggestion, and something I'd actually considered. My main concern is, how does the Amp handle in a light wind? I don't expect it to be a wind-killer, but adding something more wind-resistant than the Underworlds was one of my motivations for considering another driver. That being said, the Tangent comparison rings true, as I'm basically looking for a Tangent in driver form.

The positive of adding an Amp is that I can grow with it: it won't cease to be useful if/when I increase my power level. I've wondered if I might outgrow the Underworld eventually; the Amp could potentially take its place on down the road...
i think you hit the nail on the head in that, as you develop as a player, the amp will perhaps slide a little more right into the true US slot. i havnt had issues in wind with my amp, i feel like the gyro effect really helps stay locked into its line in wind.
i know playing in an absolute blizzard doubles round, menacewarfs volt was really unabashed by the wind. no real additional turn, maybe slightly less fade.
in addition the reason i got an amp was because my success with the tangent and wanting a farther tangent too
Old 06-22-2013, 08:57 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
I might, eventually, but I'm happy with my Stags, and it seems like the Volt would overlap a lot with my Tournament Stags. Probably a little less fade, but the same basic lines/roles, and I try to avoid overlap. Will probably try one out eventually, though. My recent success with the Tangent has definitely sparked my interest in MVP.
I threw a TP Stag for the first time last week, and played my first round with a Volt today. Based on my memory, I found the Stag to be a tad glidier at medium power, and with about the same fade. Both can take a nice rip and fly pretty straight. I think they are pretty similar.

Inbounds has the Stag as a fair amount more overstable, but about the same length.

They are both very nice discs, to be sure. A side by side comparison is in order this week....
Old 06-24-2013, 12:57 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 28
Proton Volt.. Let's have a talk!
Old 06-24-2013, 01:31 AM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by aajpity View Post
Proton Volt.. Let's have a talk!
I hope it slightly more stable than neutron volt. I have now 4 volts i guess they are early runs because they are all different stability. most stable is dark blue 9 5 0 1 and the most under stable is 9 5 -2 0,5. its really hard to find the 0 HSS ones. it flies 115m straight with minimal hyzerflip release and only few meters high. middle stability discs make nice s-curve but need some height to come back to center. the most understable one doesnt get the fade started on normal height throw. its more understable than my only amp. 2nd run shock is 0 HSS but has too much fade (2,5) for straight distance shot. Its fantastic disc on its own field.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:06 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiekko_FIN View Post
I hope it slightly more stable than neutron volt. I have now 4 volts i guess they are early runs because they are all different stability. most stable is dark blue 9 5 0 1 and the most under stable is 9 5 -2 0,5. its really hard to find the 0 HSS ones. it flies 115m straight with minimal hyzerflip release and only few meters high. middle stability discs make nice s-curve but need some height to come back to center. the most understable one doesnt get the fade started on normal height throw. its more understable than my only amp. 2nd run shock is 0 HSS but has too much fade (2,5) for straight distance shot. Its fantastic disc on its own field.
I have a 0 HSS one. Beauty.. Im hoping the proton flies the exact same as my neutron. Not only as a back up but I hope to interchange with. I would like it to be my dynamic duo :-)

Old 06-25-2013, 04:05 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
My Volt flies like what I thought my Amp would fly like. That thing turns like crazy when I put some power behind it. Not a bad disc, but now there is a huge gap between my Shock and the Volt. The Volt is 175g.

Any ideas of why mine is so flippy? Maybe a first run?