Old 08-16-2013, 01:31 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hammer View Post
Plex,
Did they announce they were changing the Volt? What about the Ion? How come I keep hearing about people with stable Amps, and some with super flippy amps? Did they announce that too? How about the different Vectors? That was on purpose too, right?
The first run Amps cam out stable also, if you go to the thread and read/search a little you will quickly find that the runs after the first ones are all as intended and i have a second run Amp that i have had for a long time and just got a new fresh latest run AMP in a new order i made with the P-Volts and the disc is IDENTICLE to the 2nd run Amp i have, nice turn with a flat finnish at the end.

They didnt make the molding changes i spoke of untill after the first runs Amp and SHocks, MVP realized they needed to fix it and they did.. ever since it has been AMAZING consistency for me.

Besides, a lot of people like the first run shocks/amps because they are unique and make for some interesting lines that is unlike other stuff out there.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by in4d View Post
The first run Amps cam out stable also, if you go to the thread and read/search a little you will quickly find that the runs after the first ones are all as intended and i have a second run Amp that i have had for a long time and just got a new fresh latest run AMP in a new order i made with the P-Volts and the disc is IDENTICLE to the 2nd run Amp i have, nice turn with a flat finnish at the end.

They didnt make the molding changes i spoke of untill after the first runs Amp and SHocks, MVP realized they needed to fix it and they did.. ever since it has been AMAZING consistency for me.
Neat. You didn't answer the question. Did they announce all those changes I listed? If so, show me where.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Besides, a lot of people like the first run shocks/amps because they are unique and make for some interesting lines that is unlike other stuff out there.
That doesn't mean **** in the discussion at hand. Lots of people like Vulcan topped Destroyers (I don't), and not-so-beefy Firebirds. Does that mean they are good, consistent discs? No.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Neat. You didn't answer the question. Did they announce all those changes I listed? If so, show me where.
im not going to do the searching for you.. im at work and shouldnt even be spending this much time on here anyways

They clearly stated either on facebook or in a post here on the forums that they made changes to increase consistency of their molding process 2 weeks after the first run release of the shocks.. discspeed, ZAM, someone else who talks with them a lot could easily confirm this for me

they said something along the lines that fairway drivers where a new challenge to them and they found a way of molding the discs up so they come out much more consistent from that point on.. and any run since then has been very good. You can notice in the new runs like proton-volt they are using a different bonding technique that holds it tighter and unifmorly with multiple hashes instead of one single band arround the disc.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:38 PM
* Ace Member *

The very first page of the MVP II thread talks about differences in flight characteristics from one color to the next. What say you about that?
Old 08-16-2013, 01:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
im not going to do the searching for you.. im at work and shouldnt even be spending this much time on here anyways

They clearly stated either on facebook or in a post here on the forums that they made changes to increase consistency of their molding process 2 weeks after the first run release of the shocks.. discspeed, ZAM, someone else who talks with them a lot could easily confirm this for me

they said something along the lines that fairway drivers where a new challenge to them and they found a way of molding the discs up so they come out much more consistent from that point on.. and any run since then has been very good. You can notice in the new runs like proton-volt they are using a different bonding technique that holds it tighter and unifmorly with multiple hashed instead of one single band arround the disc.
So, they have some inconsistencies. Thanks for clearing that up. That explains why my two Vectors are completely different. MVP isn't much different from the other makers, with the exception of their overmolds, and plastics. Stop trying to beat the "MVP is perfect" drum. It is as obnoxious as you.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:42 PM

Quote:
The very first page of the MVP II thread talks about differences in flight characteristics from one color to the next. What say you about that?
I asked MVP about this and they admitted to me through email that there are differences between some colors back before the change in molding technique was announced, like white, black, and i think blue or hot pink was always a little different.. this was noticeable in the first run white amps, some of them were almost as stable as a used volt
Old 08-16-2013, 01:42 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 40
Quote:
No wonder it's taking so long to get my McDouble.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
I asked MVP about this and they admitted to me through email that there are differences between some colors back before the change in molding technique was announced, like white, black, and i think blue or hot pink was always a little different.. this was noticeable in the first run white amps, some of them were almost as stable as a used volt
So please explain how that is "consistency".

Old 08-16-2013, 01:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by threevok View Post
No wonder it's taking so long to get my McDouble.