Old 08-16-2013, 12:45 PM
Eagle Member

The Volt is my favorite disc. I use it for Forehand flicks, 250-300ish RHBH drives where I need predictable fade at the end. and now I like it for anny flex shots where I lean back and force the disc over - it keeps the anny line even if I throw it really high (which is what I need on hole 15 at Dela). Great Disc, I keep trying to find a straighter disc because it does have a bit of shape to it, but so far I can't throw a Teebird any straighter and I've tried a large variety of Teebirds. Also tried a bunch of other things, like Teebird L, Legacy Patriot, Discraft XL/XS/Stalker, DGA Squall, etc. I will continue to try to find straight flying discs, but the Volt works pretty darn well in a large variety of situations.

I've also lost my beloved first Volt, replaced it, and been happy (not as happy, but happy) with the replacements, so that means a ton - can't say that about a lot of other discs, even my Buzzzes.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:58 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hammer View Post
So please explain how that is "consistency".
Because MVP made a swift effort to change any consistency problems they had and since then they are extremely consistent.. They are dedicated to making sure they reach the highest consistency as possible, and the level they have reached currently is among the highest in the industry.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by threevok View Post
No wonder it's taking so long to get my McDouble.
Lol, if it were up to me i would tear down the McDonalds and put up a datacenter and sell your data to the NSA buddy

I'm a Network and Software Developer... which is why i spend too much time on the internet

Last edited by in4d; 08-16-2013 at 01:03 PM.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by in4d View Post
Because MVP made a swift effort to change any consistency problems they had and since then they are extremely consistent.. They are dedicated to making sure they reach the highest consistency as possible, and the level they have reached currently is among the highest in the industry.
You're drunk on their Kool-aid, and you have rose-colored lenses glued to your eyeballs. Ignorance is bliss, isn't it?
Old 08-16-2013, 01:13 PM

No im just a realist, MVP is super consistent. I love Prodigy stuff right now too, but they are very inconsistent, i had to buy 3 of each of their drivers just to get a set that will fly as intended, shouldn't have bought one of each x-out in the first place but.. if MVP had distance drivers i would probably go with them just to avoid the trouble, that's all. I like buying one disc and knowing its a high chance of flying as intended.

MVP wouldnt accept free replacements if they were inconsistent as innova/prodigy/etc

Last edited by in4d; 08-16-2013 at 01:16 PM.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 36
So far I have heard consistency issues with the following molds:

Volt
Shock
Tensor
Vector
Amp
Ion

Yup, you're a realist alright.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:22 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 47
Hammer, I can go to MST, DGC, or up the street to the local shop and pick up any MVP disc and be confident that it will fly just like the others I have. On the other hand, I do not have that confidence in any other brand. I love a good Destroyer, but I have had them spread all across the spectrum of stability. Tweaking a mold for all future runs is not a sign of inconsistency, no matter how much you think it is.

And to get back on topic; do the Proton Volts have more, less, or the same dome as Neutron Volts?
Old 08-16-2013, 01:24 PM
Eagle Member

MVP makes fewer discs than innova, i wonder what comparable percentages are for documented inconsistencies?
Old 08-16-2013, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hammer View Post
So far I have heard consistency issues with the following molds:

Volt
Shock
Tensor
Vector
Amp
Ion

Yup, you're a realist alright.
hmm, ive never had an issue with an ion, i have older ions in different colors weights etc.. they all fly the same.. when they get worn and puddle topped i grab any backup and im good to go.

Tensors depending on weight will fly differently, but thats a difference between a 166g and a 178g, there will always be a little difference between such a range of weight..

first run vectors are more stable than any i have bought since, which have all been very similar within the same plastic neutron/proton.

The only real inconsistency i ever had was when they first started pumping out the fairway drivers.. but like i said, it was fixed and has been great ever since.

Why do you hate on such a new company..? when anyone is doing things for the first time, they will have some hiccups, but whats important is that they learn quickly and make tweaks that fix any problems early on and offer to replace anything for free if it doesn't meet standards.. its AMAZING that they lost money on 8 Shocks that i sent in to get replaced, i almost feel bad about taking advantage of their policy to replace anything that im not happy with.

I'm just glad the few inconsistencies they have had are worked out, and its extremely apparent if you even throw their stuff that the quality and consistency has been stellar.

Old 08-16-2013, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjones9 View Post
And to get back on topic; do the Proton Volts have more, less, or the same dome as Neutron Volts?
My proton volts are all very flat, they have more HSS and slightly more LSS fade than a fresh neutron volt, most people compare it to a longer, teebird-like flight... but theres SO MANY kinds of teebirds.. anything could fly like a "teebird" these days xD.. most people say it what s tbird SHOULD fly like though, so that's a good rule of thumb

I love my seasoned n-volt paired with a fresh p-volt, it fills everything from straight turnover S curves to straight over-stable. then the shock and Amp cover the extremes on the other ends of the spectrum