Old 08-16-2013, 01:33 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 47
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by in4d View Post
My proton volts are all very flat, they have more HSS and slightly more LSS fade than a fresh neutron volt, most people compare it to a longer, teebird-like flight... but theres SO MANY kinds of teebirds.. anything could fly like a "teebird" these days xD.. most people say it what s tbird SHOULD fly like though, so that's a good rule of thumb

I love my seasoned n-volt paired with a fresh p-volt, it fills everything from straight turnover S curves to straight over-stable. then the shock and Amp cover the extremes on the other ends of the spectrum
Thanks! Can't wait to pick up the P-Volt
Old 08-16-2013, 01:37 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by disc qualified View Post
MVP makes fewer discs than innova, i wonder what comparable percentages are for documented inconsistencies?
MVP still has some inconsistency, there's error no matter what.. they just try harder to make a point and prevent/fix these types of issues when they occur.

Lately they have had a great track record, its fun getting a big order of discs in and checking for consistency compare to an innova or prodigy order, the contrast is there.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 36
Quote:
hmm, ive never had an issue with an ion, i have older ions in different colors weights etc.. they all fly the same.. when they get worn and puddle topped i grab any backup and im good to go.

Tensors depending on weight will fly differently, but thats a difference between a 166g and a 178g, there will always be a little difference between such a range of weight..

first run vectors are more stable than any i have bought since, which have all been very similar within the same plastic neutron/proton.

The only real inconsistency i ever had was when they first started pumping out the fairway drivers.. but like i said, it was fixed and has been great ever since.

Why do you hate on such a new company..? when anyone is doing things for the first time, they will have some hiccups, but whats important is that they learn quickly and make tweaks that fix any problems early on and offer to replace anything for free if it doesn't meet standards.. its AMAZING that they lost money on 8 Shocks that i sent in to get replaced, i almost feel bad about taking advantage of their policy to replace anything that im not happy with.

I'm just glad the few inconsistencies they have had are worked out, and its extremely apparent if you even throw their stuff that the quality and consistency has been stellar.
The first page of the MVP II thread talks about inconsistencies in the Tensor from one color to the next. Vectors come in both domed and flat versions. I've never said I hated MVP. I just hate guys like you that think they are infallible, and make ridiculous claims about how great they are.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:50 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hammer View Post
The first page of the MVP II thread talks about inconsistencies in the Tensor from one color to the next. Vectors come in both domed and flat versions. I've never said I hated MVP. I just hate guys like you that think they are infallible, and make ridiculous claims about how great they are.
Haha, whatever.. i talk about the runs and colors that have had issues in the past, i don't think MVP is perfect, but they are better, sorry if that upsets you.

Yea early vectors are domey. as far as new runs, Neutrons are flat, proton/eclipse will have a slight bit more dome.. hence they fly a little more stable. But its a little bit different plastic so that's going to settle differently.

I'm sure there's some freaks out there though, but i have never seen one.

I can take a first run vector and compare it to a new one of the same plastic/color/weight and they are different.. but i would expect that as they tweak their procedures and try to make them more and more consistent as they go along.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:27 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 28
MVP has just been very consistent. They aren't immune but they are above other companies in that area forsure.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:33 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 21
Quote:
Haha, whatever.. i talk about the runs and colors that have had issues in the past, i don't think MVP is perfect, but they are better, sorry if that upsets you.

Yea early vectors are domey. as far as new runs, Neutrons are flat, proton/eclipse will have a slight bit more dome.. hence they fly a little more stable. But its a little bit different plastic so that's going to settle differently.

I'm sure there's some freaks out there though, but i have never seen one.

I can take a first run vector and compare it to a new one of the same plastic/color/weight and they are different.. but i would expect that as they tweak their procedures and try to make them more and more consistent as they go along.
So MVP constantly tweaks things and that leads to increased consistency? Sounds like they just put out slightly varied discs run to run. I guess you better make sure you get the right run Shock or Volt, instead of a "tweaked" one or an early one.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:35 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
So MVP constantly tweaks things and that leads to increased consistency? Sounds like they just put out slightly varied discs run to run. I guess you better make sure you get the right run Shock or Volt, instead of a "tweaked" one or an early one.
I don't know where the "constantly" came from , but if a change is made that increases process control, yes, you are increasing consistency of the process.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:38 PM
Eagle Member

Consistency or not, are we allowed to dislike MVP around here or is that a banning?
Old 08-16-2013, 02:40 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by disc qualified View Post
Consistency or not, are we allowed to dislike MVP around here or is that a banning?
No it's not. Not at all.

Old 08-16-2013, 02:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Feel free to post this later and I will eat my words if I'm wrong, but I'm betting MVP will never make thousands of discs with the wrong top and stamp and sell them as if they were the real thing...