Disc Golf Store
Old 08-28-2013, 06:30 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 43
Just wanted to add that I recently added the Volt to the bag, and so far I am loving this thing!!
I have liked the Axis, but never bonded with the putters from MVP.
This fairway/control driver is exceptional IMO. I am actually carrying one in max weight and another at 171g. They both consistently freaking BOMB. The max weight is like a super long Teebird which is my favorite aspect of the disc, and the lighter one is like a long Eagle x.

The other thing I love is the Proton plastic! It is crazy grippy for a plastic this rigid and Champy. The flatness of this disc, combined with the tack of the plastic, far and away is the closest thing I have ever tried to old CE. It feels like my 1st run CE Valkyrie in hand and flys like a bad ass 11x Teebird on nitromethane!

Like other MVP discs I've tried, it is incredibly consistent and predictable. It will do the exact same thing every time, and flies exactly how you tell it to.

This mold will not leave my bag for a long time.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:50 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 43
Throwing Style: RHFH
The Volt is truly an exceptional disc!

I get asked all the time, "what was/is that?"

MVP Volt...get one, is my usual response. I ran into a guy playing a few days ago and saw him pull out a Volt, we were both in agreement that it would be the perfect for a one-disc driver round.

MVP....winning!
Old 08-28-2013, 09:28 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
Feel free to post this later and I will eat my words if I'm wrong, but I'm betting MVP will never make thousands of discs with the wrong top and stamp and sell them as if they were the real thing...
It's probably easier to control this when the founders of the company are still heavily involved in day-to-day manual fabrication of products...
Old 08-28-2013, 09:48 AM
* Ace Member *

It's also easier because they don't sell like say innova. I'd venture to guess innova has run more avairs this year than MVP has for all their discs.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:50 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlass01 View Post
It's also easier because they don't sell like say innova. I'd venture to guess innova has run more avairs this year than MVP has for all their discs.
Yes.. But why make them inconsistent then? Surly up here had beer in Chicago but the demand was too great for them to keep up. So they stopped all together. Innova isn't concerned about the players, rather the almighty $.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:03 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 18
I've got a quick question about the volt. I've got a 168 Neutron Volt and it has a much bigger fade on it than the numbers would suggest. I've often heard that the Volt is a longer Axis. Well, I've got 2 Axis and the are very, very straight with little to no fade.

It almost has as much fade as my 174 Shock but the Shock fade hard left while the volt has more of a fade forward but still a big fade.

I've heard someone say that lightweight MVP are actually more overstable than heavier weights. Does anyone think a heavier weight, say 174, 175 would end with less fade? FYI, I throw about 300 feet.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:07 PM
Birdie Member

I throw about 300 as well and get basically no turn and good fade with volts. Fromwhat iI have read the flight with less fade and more turn comes in about 350 feet
Old 09-22-2013, 08:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 39
At 300' you aren't getting the Volt up to speed, so it won't show its true flight characteristics very well. When I throw a Volt 375' its a longer Axis, when I give it to my buddy and he throws it 300' its a longer Tensor, just straight with 0 turn and a pretty big fade.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:22 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 18
Thanks Mike. I've been focusing on using my mids a lot more and I'm starting to gets my Axis out to 250-275. Instead of getting a heavier Volt I'll just preorder a Resistor and get am Amp.

Old 09-22-2013, 08:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 39
An Amp would be a good choice. Most of my friends who don't have quite as much D as I do find it easier to control and shape lines with.