Old 10-04-2013, 02:51 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkmanbrandon View Post
I just had the experience today of playing against strong headwinds and my neutron volt eating it hard. Forehand it was still working well but my back hand could just not adjust to it, is it time I got a Proton volt as well? Also curious how well they work for forehand throws
Mike C uses the Volt/Shock for forehand and he seems to like them. I don't forehand but I know that a P Volt would be a solid choice for forehanding. Even the more recent board-flat N Volts have enough beef to be torqued on quite hard.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2013, 02:57 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.6
Courses Played: 14
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by McJesus View Post
Mike C uses the Volt/Shock for forehand and he seems to like them. I don't forehand but I know that a P Volt would be a solid choice for forehanding. Even the more recent board-flat N Volts have enough beef to be torqued on quite hard.
I have been working hard to getting my backhand better, I am still pretty new and can usually get it out to 200-220' but anything I flick seems to be more consistent and usually around 250-280'. The funny part is that I practice my backhand way more but my forehand seems to remain just as solid, and slightly improve as well, with less practice.

The neutron volt was really the first disc that I started to get a good backhand down with outside of my buzzz and on top of this it's excellent with my forehand so I am pretty sure I might as well just get a proton volt to compliment it.
Old 10-04-2013, 03:04 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkmanbrandon View Post
I have been working hard to getting my backhand better, I am still pretty new and can usually get it out to 200-220' but anything I flick seems to be more consistent and usually around 250-280'. The funny part is that I practice my backhand way more but my forehand seems to remain just as solid, and slightly improve as well, with less practice.

The neutron volt was really the first disc that I started to get a good backhand down with outside of my buzzz and on top of this it's excellent with my forehand so I am pretty sure I might as well just get a proton volt to compliment it.
I use an N Volt and a P Volt and it really is nice. I backhand almost exclusively except for get out of trouble shots, and the thing I like about the P Volt is that I can get N Volt lines into a 20mph headwind. I have a slightly seasoned shock that I'll probably put on the shelf after I get my hands on resistors because the P Volt can handle Shock lines with distance. Now when the P Shock comes out.....that's another story. N Shock lines into a 20 mph headwinds? Write me up for a few
Old 10-04-2013, 11:38 AM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by McJesus View Post
I use an N Volt and a P Volt and it really is nice. I backhand almost exclusively except for get out of trouble shots, and the thing I like about the P Volt is that I can get N Volt lines into a 20mph headwind. I have a slightly seasoned shock that I'll probably put on the shelf after I get my hands on resistors because the P Volt can handle Shock lines with distance. Now when the P Shock comes out.....that's another story. N Shock lines into a 20 mph headwinds? Write me up for a few
That's exactly what I'm doing as well, the P Volt is beefy enough it covers everything my seasoned shock does. I hope the Proton shock comes out like a meat hook firebird.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:30 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.6
Courses Played: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by in4d View Post
That's exactly what I'm doing as well, the P Volt is beefy enough it covers everything my seasoned shock does. I hope the Proton shock comes out like a meat hook firebird.
Waiting for my resistor now but if they made one in proton it could be pretty similar. I think I am 99% sure I got to get me a proton volt now.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:04 PM
Double Eagle Member

I have only ever thrown proton plastic.

what's the difference for a disc like this? Is it just the grip?
Old 10-27-2013, 02:16 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 10
Proton volts tend to be slightly more OS. Neutron is generally a little flatter. Beyond that it's more about feel for me.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 62
The most recent Neutron Volts I received fly like the Protons for me. Both seem to be coming out along the lines of 9/6/0/2 and as they break in they become extremely straight for how fast of a disc they are.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:42 PM
Double Eagle Member

neutron is supposed to have better grip, right?

Old 10-27-2013, 02:56 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 104
Nope. I would even say that the newer runs of proton seem extra tacky more-so than a brand new neutron disc. Once the gloss has worn off the neutron it will have a lot more grip but neither one IMO is superior over the other and would go by feel. You can get soft proton putters which will grip the most otherwise drivers/mids its a wash for me.

Quote:
Proton
◾High durability for a long consistent life
◾Designed to withstand the roughest conditions
◾Transparent candy colors
◾Also available in soft flexibility for putters

Our Proton plastic is produced with some of the most durable plastics in the industry. It has immense abrasion resistance from impact and as a result very slow wear, giving it a very long life. It is produced with bright, vivid transparent colors. A key aspect as to why our proton plastic has such great clarity and durability is because the central core is not contaminated with any weighting agents unlike most conventional golf discs. The weight products are placed in the outer ring to enhance our GYRO™ Technology and maintain polymer purity in the central core so that our beautiful colors are always vivid and clear.

Neutron
◾Premium blend that offers a premium look and feel
◾Widest selection of bright opaque colors
◾Shares great durability characteristics of Proton plastic
◾Easy-to-find colors in any given terrain

Neutron is our premium polymer blend that offers a unique look and feel while maintaining the excellent durability of Proton plastic. This unique blend is offered in a wide variety of bright easy-to-spot neon colors. Neutron is your go-to polymer for continued, reliable performance in all conditions.

Last edited by Aim For The Chains; 10-27-2013 at 03:01 PM.