#1981  
Old 10-04-2013, 02:51 AM
McJesus's Avatar
McJesus McJesus is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkmanbrandon View Post
I just had the experience today of playing against strong headwinds and my neutron volt eating it hard. Forehand it was still working well but my back hand could just not adjust to it, is it time I got a Proton volt as well? Also curious how well they work for forehand throws
Mike C uses the Volt/Shock for forehand and he seems to like them. I don't forehand but I know that a P Volt would be a solid choice for forehanding. Even the more recent board-flat N Volts have enough beef to be torqued on quite hard.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #1982  
Old 10-04-2013, 02:57 AM
kirkmanbrandon's Avatar
kirkmanbrandon kirkmanbrandon is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Years Playing: 1.6
Courses Played: 14
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by McJesus View Post
Mike C uses the Volt/Shock for forehand and he seems to like them. I don't forehand but I know that a P Volt would be a solid choice for forehanding. Even the more recent board-flat N Volts have enough beef to be torqued on quite hard.
I have been working hard to getting my backhand better, I am still pretty new and can usually get it out to 200-220' but anything I flick seems to be more consistent and usually around 250-280'. The funny part is that I practice my backhand way more but my forehand seems to remain just as solid, and slightly improve as well, with less practice.

The neutron volt was really the first disc that I started to get a good backhand down with outside of my buzzz and on top of this it's excellent with my forehand so I am pretty sure I might as well just get a proton volt to compliment it.
Reply With Quote
  #1983  
Old 10-04-2013, 03:04 AM
McJesus's Avatar
McJesus McJesus is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkmanbrandon View Post
I have been working hard to getting my backhand better, I am still pretty new and can usually get it out to 200-220' but anything I flick seems to be more consistent and usually around 250-280'. The funny part is that I practice my backhand way more but my forehand seems to remain just as solid, and slightly improve as well, with less practice.

The neutron volt was really the first disc that I started to get a good backhand down with outside of my buzzz and on top of this it's excellent with my forehand so I am pretty sure I might as well just get a proton volt to compliment it.
I use an N Volt and a P Volt and it really is nice. I backhand almost exclusively except for get out of trouble shots, and the thing I like about the P Volt is that I can get N Volt lines into a 20mph headwind. I have a slightly seasoned shock that I'll probably put on the shelf after I get my hands on resistors because the P Volt can handle Shock lines with distance. Now when the P Shock comes out.....that's another story. N Shock lines into a 20 mph headwinds? Write me up for a few
Reply With Quote
  #1984  
Old 10-04-2013, 11:38 AM
in4d's Avatar
in4d in4d is offline
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Great North Woods
Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by McJesus View Post
I use an N Volt and a P Volt and it really is nice. I backhand almost exclusively except for get out of trouble shots, and the thing I like about the P Volt is that I can get N Volt lines into a 20mph headwind. I have a slightly seasoned shock that I'll probably put on the shelf after I get my hands on resistors because the P Volt can handle Shock lines with distance. Now when the P Shock comes out.....that's another story. N Shock lines into a 20 mph headwinds? Write me up for a few
That's exactly what I'm doing as well, the P Volt is beefy enough it covers everything my seasoned shock does. I hope the Proton shock comes out like a meat hook firebird.
Reply With Quote
  #1985  
Old 10-04-2013, 06:30 PM
kirkmanbrandon's Avatar
kirkmanbrandon kirkmanbrandon is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Years Playing: 1.6
Courses Played: 14
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by in4d View Post
That's exactly what I'm doing as well, the P Volt is beefy enough it covers everything my seasoned shock does. I hope the Proton shock comes out like a meat hook firebird.
Waiting for my resistor now but if they made one in proton it could be pretty similar. I think I am 99% sure I got to get me a proton volt now.
Reply With Quote
  #1986  
Old 10-27-2013, 02:04 PM
ranger ranger is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,199
I have only ever thrown proton plastic.


what's the difference for a disc like this? Is it just the grip?
Reply With Quote
  #1987  
Old 10-27-2013, 02:16 PM
jskew113's Avatar
jskew113 jskew113 is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: SE VA
Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 10
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 752
Proton volts tend to be slightly more OS. Neutron is generally a little flatter. Beyond that it's more about feel for me.
Reply With Quote
  #1988  
Old 10-27-2013, 02:26 PM
Mike C's Avatar
Mike C Mike C is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Charlotte NC
Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 62
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,358
The most recent Neutron Volts I received fly like the Protons for me. Both seem to be coming out along the lines of 9/6/0/2 and as they break in they become extremely straight for how fast of a disc they are.
Reply With Quote
  #1989  
Old 10-27-2013, 02:42 PM
ranger ranger is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,199
neutron is supposed to have better grip, right?
Reply With Quote
 

  #1990  
Old 10-27-2013, 02:56 PM
Aim For The Chains's Avatar
Aim For The Chains Aim For The Chains is offline
FROLF OFF!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MINNESOTA
Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 104
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 7,936
Nope. I would even say that the newer runs of proton seem extra tacky more-so than a brand new neutron disc. Once the gloss has worn off the neutron it will have a lot more grip but neither one IMO is superior over the other and would go by feel. You can get soft proton putters which will grip the most otherwise drivers/mids its a wash for me.

Quote:
Proton
◾High durability for a long consistent life
◾Designed to withstand the roughest conditions
◾Transparent candy colors
◾Also available in soft flexibility for putters

Our Proton plastic is produced with some of the most durable plastics in the industry. It has immense abrasion resistance from impact and as a result very slow wear, giving it a very long life. It is produced with bright, vivid transparent colors. A key aspect as to why our proton plastic has such great clarity and durability is because the central core is not contaminated with any weighting agents unlike most conventional golf discs. The weight products are placed in the outer ring to enhance our GYRO™ Technology and maintain polymer purity in the central core so that our beautiful colors are always vivid and clear.


Neutron
◾Premium blend that offers a premium look and feel
◾Widest selection of bright opaque colors
◾Shares great durability characteristics of Proton plastic
◾Easy-to-find colors in any given terrain

Neutron is our premium polymer blend that offers a unique look and feel while maintaining the excellent durability of Proton plastic. This unique blend is offered in a wide variety of bright easy-to-spot neon colors. Neutron is your go-to polymer for continued, reliable performance in all conditions.

Last edited by Aim For The Chains; 10-27-2013 at 03:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.