Old 12-27-2013, 12:24 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Thanks for the feedback guys. Next question: How do the Ps handle tommies and thumbers for get out of trouble purposes? Really trying to keep the molds down if I can, and I don't throw those shots too often...
Old 12-27-2013, 01:39 AM
Plastic Counselor

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 103
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
Thanks for the feedback guys. Next question: How do the Ps handle tommies and thumbers for get out of trouble purposes? Really trying to keep the molds down if I can, and I don't throw those shots too often...
I like shock more for these shots. P volt doesn't have enough fade for flat/anny releases in strong headwinds at 350+ and like the helix flight from shock for overhands.

Last edited by Aim For The Chains; 12-27-2013 at 01:43 AM.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:24 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.2
Courses Played: 15
How does the volt compare to an avenger?
Old 01-12-2014, 01:00 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 18
The Avenger and Volt are two of my favorite discs and while I don't need both in the bag I keep them because I love them both.

The Avenger is more HSS and will fade harder when new. I rate my Avenger 0,3 and the Volt a -1 2. The Volt has more wiggle. The biggest difference for me is the speed. My Avenger is easier to throw farther. My Avenger also fights the wind better. My Z-line Avenger took a good year to beat in really nice. Now it's about a 0, 1.5. Avenger is a little deeper so the Volt feels faster.

The both can cover the same shots. They could be completely interchangeable for me depending on my mood. I love throwing both. If you can't throw over 300 feet get the Volt. The Avenger when new will act very OS for you until it gets beat in some. I keep a new Avenger and the beat in one in the bag.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:21 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.2
Courses Played: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfowler View Post
The Avenger and Volt are two of my favorite discs and while I don't need both in the bag I keep them because I love them both.

The Avenger is more HSS and will fade harder when new. I rate my Avenger 0,3 and the Volt a -1 2. The Volt has more wiggle. The biggest difference for me is the speed. My Avenger is easier to throw farther. My Avenger also fights the wind better. My Z-line Avenger took a good year to beat in really nice. Now it's about a 0, 1.5. Avenger is a little deeper so the Volt feels faster.

The both can cover the same shots. They could be completely interchangeable for me depending on my mood. I love throwing both. If you can't throw over 300 feet get the Volt. The Avenger when new will act very OS for you until it gets beat in some. I keep a new Avenger and the beat in one in the bag.
Ok thanks. I have two new X Avengers (150 and 170) and a new neutron volt (172). I throw about 350.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:08 AM
Birdie Member

I get my predators out to 385-390ft and my Xl's out to 365-370. I throw mostly max weight. Which Volt would work for my power level? Does the volt fall between the pred and xl in stability?
Old 01-20-2014, 10:21 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 1
You throw farther than me, but from what I've experienced, the Volt is between the XL and Pred. Just to make sure you get a stable one, I'd go with the Proton.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:55 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
You throw farther than me, but from what I've experienced, the Volt is between the XL and Pred. Just to make sure you get a stable one, I'd go with the Proton.
Between the XL and Pred is a pretty wide range!!! But, I agree with your assessment
Old 01-20-2014, 07:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 1
Hey, I'm just answering what he asked.

Old 01-20-2014, 07:33 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
Hey, I'm just answering what he asked.
Hahaha and I thank you! Maybe you'll be able to field this question as well. I read somewhere on here that someone replaced their rivals with the resistor. I was under the impression that the resistor was overstable in the predator/firebird range. I have thrown a few rivals but they flew like less stable eagles. I thought it was supposed to go Amp>Servo>Volt>Shock>Resistor. I guess the rival comparisson is what's throwing me.