Old 03-31-2014, 02:27 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedballer4life View Post
Just to clarify I'm looking for something similar to a Beast but maybe not quite as fast.
I think the volt is def more stable than your looking for and an amp (speed 9) might be what your looking for compared to a beast (speed 10) and an Inertia is the same speed as a beast only less stable out of the box.

Amp would not have as much fade as a beast out of the box.

Last edited by in4d; 03-31-2014 at 02:31 PM.
Old 03-31-2014, 02:37 PM

Courses Played: 1
The amp I have a bought about a year ago. Not sure when they changed to more over stable. What about mvps new fairways? Like a servo?
Old 03-31-2014, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedballer4life View Post
The amp I have a bought about a year ago. Not sure when they changed to more over stable. What about mvps new fairways? Like a servo?
Servo is pretty straight, has a slight turn when thrown hard with a stronger fade at the end to make it easy to range and its a speed 7, quite a bit shorter than a Beast (10 Speed -2 HSS 2 LSS)

If you want something slightly shorter than a Beast from MVP your only options right now are:

- Shock 0 HSS 3 LSS (Straight with no turn and strong fade)
- Volt 0 HSS 2 LSS (Straight with predictable fade)
- Amp -2 HSS 1 LSS (Turns over with forward penetrating fade)

A First Run volt would be perfect for you.. but they dont make them -1 HSS out of the box anymore so they take time to beat into that stage now.

I recommend Neutron if you end up tryng a volt, it will break in faster and start out a hair less stable.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:52 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 49
:-( My N Volt has gotten more understable than my Amp, hard to throw FH, and unpredictable. It was one of my favorites, but now I am finding myself relying on the Shock and Amp (and *L Teebird and *L Valk when wind allows). I don't know whether it is FR or not, but I'm guessing so, as it seemed to always turn a little before a healthy fade unless I powered it down. (I'm not a big arm, but am told that I have pretty good snap.)

I'm wondering if I should even bother getting another Volt, or just try the Servo... though I'm gonna try the Servo anyway, since they make them lighter.... :-/
Old 03-31-2014, 04:01 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 104
Just get a new proton volt. Servo is slower. If you want a disc that will come back no matter what you do-- get a resistor before the servo. lighter ones are also available'
Old 03-31-2014, 04:33 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
Just get a new proton volt. Servo is slower. If you want a disc that will come back no matter what you do-- get a resistor before the servo. lighter ones are also available'
I did get a Resistor. It kicked the Xtreme out of my bag, though it is pretty beat. Still getting used to it...wasn't sure whether all it would be was a short range hook disc, until yesterday. Used the Resistor a lot playing in very strong winds at a stop in OK while driving through. Towards the end it was my best putter, too! lol

But what I want is something that won't turn as much as the Amp (which did fabulous, once again, in yesterday's tailwinds!), but not as much fade as the Shock, landing straighter. When I first got my Volt I could get better, more accurate distance than with anything else. Now, if I try it at all, I'm doing good for it not to either flip and crash or fly way off to the right/left (BHFH).

So, another Volt? Go back to Vikings? Be contented with the Valk and Teebird, even though I got at least 20' more with the Volt? That and a Servo? Money's too tight to do a lot of experimenting... Another Volt, then, I guess...

Anyway, so why a Proton Volt instead of another Neutron?
Old 03-31-2014, 05:23 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 104
Proton IMO is just a litttttle more durable when you compare surface wear. Its sort-of like opto vs gl or champ vs star where the clearer premium plastics tend to be "faster" or can have greater stability. All the new volts are very HSS though and flat which I don't think you shouldn't be disappointed in either one.
Old 03-31-2014, 05:33 PM

Courses Played: 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTfB7hiJ2wc

Based on this video by Mike C (which is fantastic and very helpful btw Mike) The Proton Volts, both beat and new in that video look like what im looking for. My Amp does nearly the exact same as the one he throws in that video. The Shock has a bit more fade than im looking for and the neutron amp looked to have not much fade than the shock.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:00 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
Proton IMO is just a litttttle more durable when you compare surface wear. Its sort-of like opto vs gl or champ vs star where the clearer premium plastics tend to be "faster" or can have greater stability. All the new volts are very HSS though and flat which I don't think you shouldn't be disappointed in either one.
Thanks!

Old 03-31-2014, 07:47 PM

I can't throw my Proton Volts as far for some reason, i get at least 15' more distance consistently with the Neutron Volts.