Old 04-02-2014, 07:06 PM
Chaw Man

Years Playing: 23.4
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
I'd think an eclipse proton volt and an f2 are similar. the neutron volt would probably fall in between the f2 and f3. I think the volt is a touch faster of a disc, though, but I could be wrong.
I'm certain that the rim of the Volt is wider, but not by a ton. Volt cuts through the air better, and that's why I use it in the "control driver" slot. Not quite long enough to be a true distance driver, but significantly longer than a fairway driver i.e. Eagle, Teebird, Prodigy F-Series et al.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:07 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJB View Post
I'm certain that the rim of the Volt is wider, but not by a ton. Volt cuts through the air better, and that's why I use it in the "control driver" slot. Not quite long enough to be a true distance driver, but significantly longer than a fairway driver i.e. Eagle, Teebird, Prodigy F-Series et al.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:09 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 37
yea I also consider the volt a bit longer than your average fairway driver. The servo maybe more what he is looking for? haven't thrown one of those yet so not sure how OS it is. I would think the resistor is more OS than what he is looking for.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:48 AM

Courses Played: 1
The f2 I believe is a speed 7. So neutron volt would be longer and slightly less stable than f2?
Old 04-03-2014, 01:00 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 37
depends on what volt you get. I would say somewhere in the 8.5 speed range maybe 9. The eclipse proton are noticeably more OS than the neutron. I haven't thrown the regular proton but I would think there are also more OS. The servo/crave class is alittle slower, maybe 7-7.5 speed. Ive only test thrown a f2 a couple times but it seemed like it would compare stability wise to an eclipse volt. There might be some variance due to weight or throwing style.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:48 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
Both. new machines and improved QC now make for less variance than before across all models. It would appear they have figured out how to cool the discs quickly. No domey discs and consistency has actually improved with the volume increasing.
Actually Aim, if they cool the discs quickly, it will cause them to contract more creating more dome. What they have probably figured out is just the right amount of cooling time while in the mold so that the part does not have to cool as much once exposed to the air.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:17 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro71 View Post
I may have had a couple of flukes, but from my experience I'd say you're kidding yourself if you think the newer Volts are only 'slightly' more OS than the original runs.

Mine are NOT line holders. They both fight out of annys fairly aggressively (see the lite blue one in photo.) The Amp I bag now is much closer to the older Volts I have than the new Volts are...but, of course, heaven forbid you should have to quit DG...
OK, so I need to do a bit of a redaction.

I have had limited chances to throw for like 4 months. I've spent the last week or so getting some field work in. Last night I not only refound my form, I had a bit of an aha moment with my pull through the hit. It was a plateau-jump type realization.

Anyways, several discs have changed a good bit in character overnight, and the newer Volt is one of them. My E still has mad HSS, I don't really get turn out of it, but it's holding lines through about 85% of it's flight, with a predictable/moderate fade.

So, sorry Volt for bad-mouthing you!

And dude, what I can get the Servo to do now....meeeYowww.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:59 PM
FROLF OFF!

Lost my first run volt yesterday luckily it was a "real" volt so no biggy to replace but it was the 2nd MVP disc I ever bought No more black volts for me'
Old 04-14-2014, 05:03 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 28
This disc is crazy. I'm carrying a Neutron, Proton, and Eclipse at the moment. My go to driver!

Old 04-14-2014, 05:06 PM
FROLF OFF!

MmmHmm. Luckily the crave can pretty much fill the same slot too being that volt was thrashed up and seasoned nice so it makes for no need to carry 3-4 volts at different stages of wear.