Old 10-11-2012, 04:43 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 39
Throwing Style: RHBH
Sorry try now.

If you beat all the fade out of an olf / pd its around that in calm conditions I'd assume. Not my first choice for a hyzer in a 20mph headwind but it has tons of glide and should prove rather versatile.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:59 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAMson View Post
Several will remain in the store for players to try out, leading up to the release date.
Did they actually embargo selling them until the official release date?
Old 10-11-2012, 09:13 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 24
Like a broken in S-PD sounds so sweet to me. Maybe the heavier Volt would work well for me in strong headwind, if not then I guess I might keep beefier PD for that case. Thanks to Mike and others for their efforts to get info out!
Old 10-11-2012, 09:24 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 28
Iacas, we do our best to honor release dates. Just good business relationship practice on our end

At the same time we want to bring you discs first. MVP was very kind to agree to this demo. It's going to be fun, and the Volt giveaway is just icing on the cake for what is planned.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:25 AM
*Moderator*

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 275
That's cool that Disc Nation is hosting a Volt test. I really hope this disc lives upto expectations. I'm sure it will but imagine if people hated it. That would be quite a backfire saleswise. I had the same concern about the Obex but that certainly lived upto expectations. MVP and Vibram are really THE premium manufacturers these days.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:32 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 66
Thanks for another informational post Mike. You're a good MVP tester/rep/whatever.

I have to admit I'm a little confused though. Mike is reporting a longer Axis-like flight. Sam says it's flippy. Zam says it's overstable. It looks like the PLH is lower than basically every other mold it was compared to so I'll be interested to get my hands on one.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:44 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocthecourse View Post
I only see MVP discs on the weekend when out-of-towners come to play my home course. A lot of Innova lovers, though I did convert one hater. I know a bunch of people who would try them if someone sold them in the area.

When I throw my Ion and someone asks what disc was that I like to say "a putter," usually they will get a confused look on their face.
I've seen a couple of people with Ions, but fewer MVP mids. People are more inquisitive than anything, but I've had people call them a fad or say that they aren't sticky enough to catch the chains when I chain out (due to user error of course). I've heard some weird pronunciations of Anode too which I'm sure doesn't help.

They are definitely impressed with the flight of the Anode though--people always ask me what that disc was and when I tell them putter they seem confused too. One of the perks of throwing MVP putters I guess.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:53 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 19
wow. Nice vid!
Old 10-11-2012, 09:56 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshEpoo View Post
Thanks for another informational post Mike. You're a good MVP tester/rep/whatever.

I have to admit I'm a little confused though. Mike is reporting a longer Axis-like flight. Sam says it's flippy. Zam says it's overstable. It looks like the PLH is lower than basically every other mold it was compared to so I'll be interested to get my hands on one.
I'm leaning towards the cold temps making them flippy. Up at hidden lake today throwing them more with a couple friends. Warmer and less windy today, so I'm hoping to see the same results as Mike today.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:59 AM
* Ace Member *

well mike and sam are beasts!! so i cannot expect to throw these like they do. Zam seems to be more of my power level so that could be more where this disc fits in for me. I cannot wait to hear what 350 power dies to these discs. It does seem that the volt is a home run and it isn't even out yet way to go MVP!!!!!!