Old 10-12-2012, 04:30 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
Just watched the video, and I am no good at judging distance. About how far was your friend throwing, Mike?
290-315 on the longer holes is about what I think. The last hole where he clips the tree a bit is 325' for example. I'm going to see who else I can get to throw these this weekend.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:19 AM
* Ace Member *

well all i have to say is it seems like you guys are having some fun with the volt. You are also testing the crap out of this disc and the videos and feedback is awesome!!! This throw off at dn sounds amazing and i wish i was closer. MVP seems to have a good thing going with the testers and previews of these discs. Way to go everyone involved!!!!!

But over everything else damn yous guys!!! my wallet hates you all!!!!
Old 10-12-2012, 02:17 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 9
great i have to buy another disc! this looks like it could be one of my main bh distance driver. ive been using a pro wraith but its a it much for me at 290-340ft. im just worried if a can pop it flat from a hyzer.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 60
Gianetics, at that d it would probably fly a straight and controllable line with a flatter release.

Mrglass, these have been a blast to test. Ever since I switched to MVP putters I've been curious to try an overmolded driver. I plan to throw ten holes st a technical wooded course and do a video of nothing but max D drives for my next Volt videos. Every day I throw it I get more used to it, it's been fun seeing what it can do.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:02 PM
* Ace Member *

^its been fun watching!!!
Old 10-12-2012, 03:06 PM
* Ace Member *

I just tested the hell out of my Volts at a local course with a buddy of mine. It is a fairly short course with a multitude of straightish shots 300'-390'.

This disc is unbelievably awesome. My friend is now wondering how to get one in his bag before his next tournament (I told him I'd sell him my seed before he got one of my Volts away from me)...Everything we tried with the disc worked. It's the most controllable and versatile driver I've ever thrown. Hyzers, straight shots, all sorts of S turns, and annies are all easy at variable distances with the Volt. Wind was gusting to 10mph or so, but it only really affected the Volt on shots over 350'. It has the range of like a Valk, but yet can be powered down VERY easily to fly at fairway distances. I was throwing it very well FH too...Another interesting note is that the overmold really kills any skip...I had some 300' or so shots where I was coming in hot but still stuck near the basket. It's not nose angle sensitive either. I let quite a few other people throw it at the course today and it was universally acclaimed.

This disc is going to take over my shot selection perhaps like no other single disc I've ever added. This may be ambitious, but currently my driver selection is going like this: Volt, Villain, Mamba, Sword. The Volt does everything you could want between mids and true D drivers (as long as you have something more HSS for wind).

Feel free to post this and make fun of me later if I'm wrong, but I think the Volt is going to be a real break out disc for MVP and shatter all expectations. I've never had a disc anything like this and I don't remember the last time I was this excited about throwing.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:12 PM
Birdie Member

No PDs? I thought you said it wouldn't compete with them?
Old 10-12-2012, 03:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue9 View Post
No PDs? I thought you said it wouldn't compete with them?
Well...that was before I took the Volt to the course. I was wrong. The Volt does everything I do with PDs as well or better, with the exception being a really overstable PD...I replaced my most overstable PDs with the Villain a while ago, so I need no PDs.

I'm not exactly selling any of my PDs yet, but from what I saw today it may well be happening soon. I need a little more time with the Volt yet.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 138
Send a message via AIM to New013
Just send those worthless PD's to my house

Old 10-12-2012, 03:47 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 35.6
Courses Played: 16
It challenges PD's? Good...I am starting to look at my PD's sideways now anyway. Probably me, but they aren't doing what I want so much now.