Old 12-05-2012, 11:11 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 8
Throwing Style: LHBH
I hope to get the pearly teebird type. I am almost to an all legacy bag now. Just need a wasp stable mid and I would be set.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:31 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 36
Oh, geez. I'm usually the last person to try new discs, but I may have to change my tune. 11x Cal Teebirds are by far my favorite discs ever made. I think I'm going to have to give the Rival a go. When will these things be available at Spinners? I know that Dan-O and Rory are friends with the Ricos, so perhaps they already have some????
Old 12-06-2012, 04:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 544
Throwing Style: RHBH
Pictures of the uber flat Rival and Clear Pinnacle look.

P1040535 by jrcav1_17, on Flickr

P1040542 by jrcav1_17, on Flickr

P1040538 by jrcav1_17, on Flickr

P1040539 by jrcav1_17, on Flickr
Old 12-06-2012, 05:00 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 48
does that weight stamp say 187?

looks good though, can't wait to try one. did you say the rival would only be released in pinnacle, or am i imagining that?
Old 12-06-2012, 05:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 544
It does say 187g, KILLER right. These will look sweet once you add color to the disc and a sweet stamp. The rival will be released in Pinnacle FIrst, the pearly stuff.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:08 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by discgolfcrazy View Post
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...p?albumid=2473
here is the album because the pictures are being annoying. sorry in advance for the pictures being sideways.
Drum role please.....
I am at about 275' max with my saints on BH. Today i went out and threw the rival today. 9-12 throws. 15-20 mph gusts, tried to through when the wind died down.
Into a headwind thrown flat, it turned over for me and went 200' on a turnover. But the magic happened when i threw it in a 5-10 mph tailwind. its like the planets aligned and my 3 weeks of BH practice has turned out great. When thrown flat, it turned a very tiny bit but stayed straight through its whole flight. Then at around 245' it faded foward and to the left. So a relatively straight disc. I would say it has replaced my flat star eagle. Then, on my last throw, i tried hard to throw it and finally for the first time broke 300'. 304' and it was completely straight with a little fade at the end.
Over all it is a fantastic disc. rim is fom what i can tell slightly larger than my eagle but not larger than my saint. Classified as a speed 7 but is faster than that i think.
My only complaint, which isnt a big one and this is only from 10 throws, is that the glide isnt very much, maybe a 4. Not as much as my saint or my buzzz
aLso my average throw with this dis was 265'
Ok i have some more field work with this disc, it was 49 degrees, 9 feet above sea level. 15 Throws today and my average was 275'. i broke 300 twice. wind was minimal.
So I am taking back what i said about the glide, ust have been the tailwind. The glide is great. With my undeveloped 5'7 boy body i was finally able to break 300' and it flew completely straight with slight turn. Then it fades ever so delightfully, nice foward and slightly left fade. Beautiful. so for you big arms it might turn a little more and fade not as much. So right now my flight numbers , granted im not a professional by any means, would be
8, 5, -.5, 1.5. will attempt to put up a video of me throwing it 308' soon, but it is kinda blurry so might not.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:01 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 24.5
Courses Played: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by lion View Post
It does say 187g, KILLER right. These will look sweet once you add color to the disc and a sweet stamp. The rival will be released in Pinnacle FIrst, the pearly stuff.
The stamp is sweet! Steve posted a picture of stamped ones on his FB page. I will definetely buy at least two from you Lion when you get them.

One more work day before i get to throw my proto on Saturday.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:05 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schleppy View Post
The stamp is sweet! Steve posted a picture of stamped ones on his FB page. I will definetely buy at least two from you Lion when you get them.

One more work day before i get to throw my proto on Saturday.
I can guaruntee you will love it
Old 12-06-2012, 08:13 PM
Birdie Member

The disc and stamp both look great. I'm pumped for this disc. It seems like the Ricos are doing everything right. Their lineup is coming together nicely. The plastic is a huge plus for me and one of the factors that went into me really liking Legacy discs.

Old 12-06-2012, 08:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Anyone care to post a photo of the stamp?