Old 12-15-2012, 11:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3NDER View Post
i picked up 3 rivals from lion.... hope I like them.
ditto but only two. teebirds are okay for me but replaceable and that slot is always open to try new discs. Legacy makes some sweet discs and I am glad this is my first go at them.

Last edited by MrGlass01; 12-15-2012 at 11:43 PM.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:42 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 47
Throwing Style: RHBH
People are confused ^
Old 12-16-2012, 12:12 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrawk View Post
@ smark: not debating your review at all. i was throwing them 325 ish today and flew more like an eagle than teebird. more like a shorter olf. nothing bad. just found the plastic to be foreign feeling and little glide. its a good disc. just nothing new in the land of disc golf.
Definitely agree with everything you said. Different part of the country, different elevation, different weather, different throwing styles. No two reviews are going to be alike.

I also agree that it is not going to be a game changer. It is going to do exactly what it is suppose to do; be more than a viable alternative if people do not want to throw a certain brand, and be a workhorse disc for those who are mainly throwing just Legacy.

While it is likely to make my bag, I need to weigh it against how much I have already spent on TeeBirds. For others in my group, most who only throw 250-300, this particular disc will likely not do it. Conversely, the Patriot may be more their cup of tea. We will have to wait and see.

For the sake of conversation, how did it do for in regards to your anticipated distance? You believe it has little glide. Mine appeared to have decent glide but that it was lost in its sneaky speed. I wish I can remember who quoted it first, but if thrown properly by a player who is not a big-arm freak, a "slower" disc can actually achieve higher speed than a "warp" speed disc. I have no way of proving this right now, but it definitely appeared fast and that speed can/might deceive someone into thinking it had no glide. Considering most of my shots were no more than 6-10 feet of the ground and that it was able to get out to 350, I can only assume that it had some glide.

Basically, I am curious if you believe that it has no glide because it was just getting to its destination sooner, or that it really does not have glide and may come up shorter than a different disc that flies the same but otherwise does have glide?
Old 12-16-2012, 08:42 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 62
Gonna go out and toss mine in about an hour along with some super nice feeling flat gravity ghosts.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 81
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarkquart View Post

For the sake of conversation, how did it do for in regards to your anticipated distance? You believe it has little glide. Mine appeared to have decent glide but that it was lost in its sneaky speed. I wish I can remember who quoted it first, but if thrown properly by a player who is not a big-arm freak, a "slower" disc can actually achieve higher speed than a "warp" speed disc. I have no way of proving this right now, but it definitely appeared fast and that speed can/might deceive someone into thinking it had no glide. Considering most of my shots were no more than 6-10 feet of the ground and that it was able to get out to 350, I can only assume that it had some glide.

Basically, I am curious if you believe that it has no glide because it was just getting to its destination sooner, or that it really does not have glide and may come up shorter than a different disc that flies the same but otherwise does have glide?
pretty certain you throw farther than i do. i can flex an solf out 400ft but thats on my best throw wide open fairway. typically i drive 350 with a beat solf flat and level. the rival is going 30 to 40 feet shorter than my olfs.... today i was throwing it at doubles on holes i would typically power down my overstable qolf and i parked two of the wholes (286 & 313 feet) on a low sweeping hyzer line.. i simply let the disc fade out naturally and land 10 ft from the pins prerube was with me and threw it a handful of times as well. his words were that it just dies suddenly and drops but definitely lots of fade.
best comparison i can make is comparing a stalker. the stalkers i've thrown go straight and hold the line until the last 20 feet and drops. thats not bad if you get comfortable with its distance.... nice and dependable.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 81
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarkquart View Post

and sorry guys, but i can definitely throw my champ and dx teebirds farther and clearly notice the difference in glide past the 300ft mark. if we get another warm day ill try and make a video new013 style
Old 12-23-2012, 08:26 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.9
Courses Played: 24
I don't know about others, but the rival I picked up today in sylmar seemed to glide very well. Thrown flat it would turn ever so slightly and then lock onto a line and get some serious distance with little effort
Old 12-23-2012, 08:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 22
Just ordered a 170 Lg. Blue from DGC can't wait!
Old 12-23-2012, 08:48 PM
""Supporting The Legacy""

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
Just ordered a 170 Lg. Blue from DGC can't wait!
BOOOO!.....Buy from your boy Lion...best prices around

Old 12-23-2012, 09:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 22
I has gift card!

I'll keep that in mind though, the Patriot has definitely struck my fancy as well!