Old 01-07-2013, 12:22 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 499
Throwing Style: RHBH
I have a few protege rampages and a few excel rampages that are new, if interested I would sell them at cost. I just never used the 2-3 I have in each plastic. I hope to have pinnacle soon.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 499
All things disc golf Rival review

http://allthingsdiscgolf.com/legacy-rival-review/
Old 01-07-2013, 04:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by lion View Post
All things disc golf Rival review

http://allthingsdiscgolf.com/legacy-rival-review/
I partially disagree with this review, at least in terms of its high speed stability. I will give that it is not quite a 0 for HSS, but I would definitely not go as far as -1.

However, while I am saying this, I also need to take into account that everyone throws differently, and throws differently in varying weather conditions. The person throwing here probably likes to hyzerflip and thus likely has more snap to arm speed ratio than I use. I prefer to have my throws be flat and thus need discs that have no more than 0 to -0.5.

When I throw my Pinnacle Rivals, I am seeing about -0.5 at most, more likely -0.25, up to 360 feet. Trying to squeeze more distance than that and I am probably going to introduce OAT issues. I do not get them to flip but I can get them to slightly turn, at least enough to equalize its very minimal fade. In comparison, my Pinnacle Sparkle Patriots are closer to -0.75 to -1. They do not flip easily for me either, but at least have a very noticable turn.

For the first couple of weeks I was liking the Rivals but was not going to pull the TeeBirds out of my bag. The Rival holds almost the exact straight line for me as the TeeBird, but is a little faster and thus a little more difficult to control on shaped lines. However, in the last few weeks of using them almost exclusively (while testing my Patriots), I have really come to appreciate the zip it has low to the ground and its dead straight start to finish flight. It pairs wonderfully with the Patriot.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:31 PM
* Ace Member *

To anyone in the know, any chance that Legacy would run Rivals in their baseline plastics?
Old 01-08-2013, 04:38 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.9
Courses Played: 7
My first-ever pearly disc owned. Threw one at Sylmar last saturday and loved it!

Old 01-08-2013, 05:53 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwing View Post
My first-ever pearly disc owned. Threw one at Sylmar last saturday and loved it!

I just got a disc identical to this, minus Ricos sig. And a black on black ginder stamped rival. I can't wait to throw them this weekend!!!
Old 01-08-2013, 07:10 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JReynolds View Post
I can't wait to throw them this weekend!!!
You're absolutely gonna hate 'em! I think you should just send them to me so I can dispose of them proprerly.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:17 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwing View Post
You're absolutely gonna hate 'em! I think you should just send them to me so I can dispose of them proprerly.
Sure!! Send me your shipping address right away! And while you're at it, I apparently have a long lost uncle, who is a Nigerian prince. Send me your bank accout info, I will forward it to him and he will make you rich!
Old 01-08-2013, 07:30 PM
Par Member

Well played sir.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:35 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
To anyone in the know, any chance that Legacy would run Rivals in their baseline plastics?
Was just at the warehouse and asked them the same thing. They told me they don't plan to, but had run some in Excel plastic (not released tho) I picked up 4 off the grinder shelf. Threw one smashed on hyzer line and it stood up and turned over real slow all the way out..and never did really come back. Way less stable than the pinn. Have a couple left if you really want I can get one to you. PM me.