Old 01-13-2013, 03:29 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjskier View Post
I spoke to several people who recently played a legacy ace race with rivals. I was shocked to hear what they said. none of them liked it. one person did say it wasn't bad, but no way was it replacing his teebird. They did all however say they really like the pinnacle plastic.

Anyone here not liking them?

I am still yet to throw the couple I got from Lion.
Which Ace Race do you speak of?
I played the one at Sylmar, Ca. I will say that most of the holes were set up pretty darn short and a fairway driver wouldn't be the first choice. I did however play with a large group and talked to people after the event and didn't hear any Rival complaints.

There was not 2 different plastics for the Rivals. We were offered a Pinnacle Rival for our first drive at every hole and several different plastic options in different molds for the second mulligan option shot. (I chose the Excel Ghost.)

The Pinnacle Rival I got was definitely less stiff than the 1st run version I got from Lion. Feels great.

If you're talking about a different Legacy Ace Run, I would love to hear what the other plastic the Rival was offered in.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:17 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulboy View Post
The Pinnacle Rival I got was definitely less stiff than the 1st run version I got from Lion. Feels great.
Hmmm, was it like the current blend of Pinnacle used for Cannons and Rampages? I just thought the Rival first run was WAY different then the Cannon I had.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 81
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlass01 View Post
What were you missing from the rival that the teebird didn't give you? I am hoping to put teebirds behind me with the rival. With the few throws I have had I think it's gonna take that slot.
i had gotten so used to throwing the rival instead of the teebird that switching back threw me off. my rival is flat and overhands much better and i needed that shot at lot. it also forehands better for me. and the stiff pinnacle plastic is like butter exploding from your grip.

i was skeptical of this disc when I first got it. but now I love it. Pretty sure I can sell off the teebird stash now without any regrets
Old 01-13-2013, 05:23 PM
* Ace Member *

^thanks jrawk I have to live vicariously through this thread until I can play again.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:25 PM
Bending Rodriguez

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 94
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via AIM to B3NDER
I am definitely loving my rivals.... innova who?
Old 01-13-2013, 05:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Tee bird what??
Old 01-13-2013, 05:37 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: LHBH
Somewhere there's a Teebird that looks like this:

Old 01-13-2013, 07:16 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 78
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscChainBasket18 View Post
Just got this from a friend (thanks DSCJNKY!):

Blue on blue:
Threw this disc for the first time Saturday. Very nice! Flies flat & straight with a moderate fade (BH). Forehand throws were predictable with similar flight. Great fairway driver/flick disc!
Old 02-07-2013, 08:25 PM

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 28
Anyone thrown a production run Rival (non-1st run)? Flight differences between 1st run? I just saw the regular stamp on infinitediscs.com

Also, anyone able to chime in if there's a trend with stability difference in color? I believe I read that the ones with dome (white/yellow) are a little more stable than the flat. The blue 1st run I have has a bit more turn than I want.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 88
The creams that I have (in between white and yellow) are incredibly stable and if it had just a pinch more glide would be the most perfect fairway driver I have ever thrown. It is easily my favorite driver right now. Of course I need to wait until the summer to make sure of this, because summer air has a tendency to knock out a little stability, but right now my Rivals are dead straight, just aim and throw.

I would not say that it has drastically changed my game. In reality it is not knocking any throws off my low score, but with it being crazy straight and easy to throw at near full power, it is setting up some really easy second shots and more tap in birdies. I think it is perfectly capable of knocking one throw off my average.