Disc Golf Center
  #491  
Old 03-11-2013, 09:11 PM
tkaiser's Avatar
tkaiser tkaiser is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Michigan
Courses Played: 1
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuajames View Post
Thinking about trying a Rival...

What are the options readily available out there?

Any differences based on plastic types and runs?

Read through a lot of the thread but unsure of what to go with.
So far only the stiff plastic is out there. I asked some dealers with regular run stamps and they said they were extremely stiff. I just wish that these discs were made in VIP/Opto plastic. That would be unbelievable. But, overall it is a overstable fairway I use when my Teebird/Stalker are too long.
Reply With Quote
  #492  
Old 03-11-2013, 09:53 PM
nrihan nrihan is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: PacNorWest
Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkaiser View Post
So far only the stiff plastic is out there. I asked some dealers with regular run stamps and they said they were extremely stiff. I just wish that these discs were made in VIP/Opto plastic. That would be unbelievable. But, overall it is a overstable fairway I use when my Teebird/Stalker are too long.
It is not Overstable. Stable is more like it. Mine are a little less stable and a little longer than my KC Pro Teebirds.
Reply With Quote
  #493  
Old 03-11-2013, 09:55 PM
doctor professor's Avatar
doctor professor doctor professor is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 916
Years Playing: 12.8
Courses Played: 18
Posts: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrihan View Post
It is not Overstable. Stable is more like it. Mine are a little less stable and a little longer than my KC Pro Teebirds.
Yup, that's been my experience.
Reply With Quote
  #494  
Old 03-11-2013, 10:39 PM
jrawk's Avatar
jrawk jrawk is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lexington Park, MD
Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 79
Posts: 4,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrihan View Post
It is not Overstable. Stable is more like it. Mine are a little less stable and a little longer than my KC Pro Teebirds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor professor View Post
Yup, that's been my experience.
mine started out overstable like a QOLF. after 4 months of use it started flying more like a eagle.
Reply With Quote
  #495  
Old 03-11-2013, 11:00 PM
doctor professor's Avatar
doctor professor doctor professor is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 916
Years Playing: 12.8
Courses Played: 18
Posts: 593
I've had the rival that's currently in my bag for about three months. I use it in the field for practice at least 4 times a week, and out on the corse every Sunday. In a game I've probably been throwing it on 8 holes or so. It's starting to break in well, it's remaining nice and stable. Itll turn a bit if i really crank on it. None of the 5 rivals I have are or were particularly overstable.
Reply With Quote
  #496  
Old 03-11-2013, 11:29 PM
EL-KABONG's Avatar
EL-KABONG EL-KABONG is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Courses Played: 17
Posts: 3,108
Mine was beat teebird right outta the box. But I asked for a flat top and they are supposedly the least stable Rivals
Reply With Quote
  #497  
Old 03-11-2013, 11:38 PM
doctor professor's Avatar
doctor professor doctor professor is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 916
Years Playing: 12.8
Courses Played: 18
Posts: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL-KABONG View Post
Mine was beat teebird right outta the box. But I asked for a flat top and they are supposedly the least stable Rivals
Interesting, all of mine are flat and perfectly stable. Maybe I should grab a domey one to compare.
Reply With Quote
  #498  
Old 03-11-2013, 11:57 PM
kyledriver's Avatar
kyledriver kyledriver is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 71
currently my most favorite disc!!! sooo consistent
Reply With Quote
  #499  
Old 03-12-2013, 05:31 PM
EL-KABONG's Avatar
EL-KABONG EL-KABONG is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Courses Played: 17
Posts: 3,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor professor View Post
Interesting, all of mine are flat and perfectly stable. Maybe I should grab a domey one to compare.
Mine is actually concave in the very center (slightly) and it has gentle turn and almost no fade with a slight hyzer release at 325' d. The domey ones I have thrown have more hss and lss. I wasn't unhappy but a bit surprised at the flight so I asked Lion about them; he said the flats were the least stable.

They finish almost straight in front of you, so perfectly stable is probably dead accurate
Reply With Quote
 
  

  #500  
Old 03-12-2013, 07:04 PM
doctor professor's Avatar
doctor professor doctor professor is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 916
Years Playing: 12.8
Courses Played: 18
Posts: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL-KABONG View Post
Mine is actually concave in the very center (slightly) and it has gentle turn and almost no fade with a slight hyzer release at 325' d. The domey ones I have thrown have more hss and lss. I wasn't unhappy but a bit surprised at the flight so I asked Lion about them; he said the flats were the least stable.

They finish almost straight in front of you, so perfectly stable is probably dead accurate
Sweet, that'll give me an excuse to buy the super pearly domey charcoal colored one I saw at final nine the other day
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.