Old 02-20-2013, 10:56 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.4
Courses Played: 99
Throwing Style: RHBH
The way I see it the MP, EBAY, and some guys trunk cannot be exclusive markets. If they were then CE plastic could be still purchased for under $20. If they were exclusive, there would be many people who would purchase discs from the MP and just flip them. Attempting to keep the two separate is futile. It is altruistic trying to keep the MP prices artificially lower, but it is not realistic and someone is or will take advantage of the imbalance.

People who chose to pay more for a disc and who are more liberal with their money will influence the disc golf collectors economy. Most of the people who are upset at the charts are buyers, and nobody wants to pay more for a disc that they want (not need). It is all speculation. If someone is willing paying more than stock prices for a new disc they are taking a risk.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:11 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 31
I personally love the Ebay spreadsheet, Ebay is one of the ways I determine what discs are worth, and Mr. Anderson makes is easy for all of us. There is no such thing as "bad" data, just poor quality data, and I see no reason to doubt the quality of the data Mr. Anderson provides.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:22 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerplunk View Post
I personally love the Ebay spreadsheet, Ebay is one of the ways I determine what discs are worth, and Mr. Anderson makes is easy for all of us. There is no such thing as "bad" data, just poor quality data, and I see no reason to doubt the quality of the data Mr. Anderson provides.
We are not doubting his data, so much as people's interpretation of the data. His data is objectively correct as discs really did sell for that much (we're assuming he doesn't make up random numbers although that would be hilarious). However, the data still takes a fair amount of interpretation, ie considering weight, color, etc and to someone who is less knowledgeable on the current market, they will just pick the higher value on the chart most likely.

I mean you could then argue that it just won't sell and a bunch of other stuff, but I digress.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:32 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 33
Disc Valuation Methodology Discussion
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...ad.php?t=81670
Old 02-20-2013, 11:33 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 53
would a first run champ destroyer be worth more if instead of the typical three stamps it had a party time star stamp?
Old 02-20-2013, 11:36 AM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnavas View Post
I mean you could then argue that it just won't sell and a bunch of other stuff, but I digress.
This is the power of a free market economy-- something is only worth what a buyer is willing to pay, the sellers never determine a price of something in a free market due to the principles of a free price system. Even if a person picks the "wrong" value for a disc but it sells that simply means it was worth that much to a buyer. Its the same with anything not heavily regulated and with any resale value you can't really agrue what a REAL value is because they constantly change and are only best represented by the most recent sold data.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:37 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by digital View Post
would a first run champ destroyer be worth more if instead of the typical three stamps it had a party time star stamp?

Assuming the buyer is interested in stamps, yeah. I'd ask a few extra bucks above the norm.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:39 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
This is the power of a free market economy-- something is only worth what a buyer is willing to pay, the sellers never determine a price of something in a free market due to the principles of a free price system. Even if a person picks the "wrong" value for a disc but it sells that simply means it was worth that much to a buyer. Its the same with anything not heavily regulated and with any resale value you can't really agrue what a REAL value is because they constantly change and are only best represented by the most recent sold data.
I understand, it's just as a buyer, I kind of enjoy a more regulated economy. From an outside perspective, it's really cool to observe change, I just don't like paying more haha.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:46 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 35
Throwing Style: LHBH
This discussion belongs in the thread created for it.
Let's quit beating this dead horse in this thread.
PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-20-2013, 11:48 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.4
Courses Played: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by benn View Post
Anybody got any input on the storm?
thanks.
Not a large sample... but somebody likes them.
Closed Thread