Old 07-29-2012, 12:08 AM

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: RHBH
OP what hole did you ace? I play there once in a while.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2012, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscsux View Post
OP what hole did you ace? I play there once in a while.

Hey, i messed up on which course, i meant the huntington course, Hole 11. The one that goes along the horse fence into the trees.

I am taking in everyones advice, trying to put it together as a general consensus. sounds like overall i need to go and just hit the practice field with a mid-range disc until i know i can keep it straight and flat. after that there is alot of personal preference. I heard nuke often, i found one of em, and tried using it on a few holes after my ape, and even though they are supposed to be similar, i have had very bad throws with it. the banshee and firebird sound interesting. but maybe i will just try my panther and leapard for throwing purposes.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:38 PM
Bogey Member

It all really depends on the shot. I use more stable drivers for anything long and open (rhfh) such as bosses, nukes, rampages. I'll use a sidewinder or a beast for anything that needs a straighter or anny controlled line. I'll use a pro pig for all distance forehand approaches. Best fh approach disc on the market. Starting out with a slower driver or mid will help a ton. Wish I did that when I started. Also wish I would have worked on my backhand game more. Rule of thumb, develop both and use which ever makes for a more consistent shot on that hole. IE) Don't throw a forehand on a hole where a backhand route is the safer shot just because your forehand has progressed quicker than your bh and vise versa. My game definitely now suffers because I didn't approach the game correctly when I first started playing.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:13 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 48
Banshee, Firebird, XXX, PD, anything medium to very overstable will work great. The you can use understable to have stuff flip and such.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 60
Any disc can work just fine for a sidearm throw. It all depends on the shot you need to throw.

If you just want a slower general purpose driver that will fly reliably with good form but isn't so overstable to hide bad form, I'd second the Teebird recommendation.

People would probably be surprised is they tried flicking understable discs once in a while. Roadrunners are a really fun FH distance driver for example, and leopards make great intro drivers.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:52 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 24.6
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
Any disc can work just fine for a sidearm throw. It all depends on the shot you need to throw.

If you just want a slower general purpose driver that will fly reliably with good form but isn't so overstable to hide bad form, I'd second the Teebird recommendation.

People would probably be surprised is they tried flicking understable discs once in a while. Roadrunners are a really fun FH distance driver for example, and leopards make great intro drivers.

A Sidewinder is one of my main FH drivers.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:59 PM

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 28
EAGLE. Learn to throw this FH and it will save you a ton of strokes. I throw mine as far as my destroyers just with a different line. Learn that you dont have to throw a fh hard to make it work. Super fast drivers tend to teach us to use torque to find distance. Throw those slower less stable discs, take them all to a field. If they flip and hit the ground, keep tweaking your throw and figure out how to keep it in the air. Everydisc can be a FH disc if you learn the lines and how to throw them. FH anny lines instead of a backhand hyzer can be a huge advantage, they penetrate as they are flexing out of the anny and make all the BH only guys drool. I throw BH and FH and I love the different options that it enables me
Old 08-02-2012, 12:04 AM
Chaw Man

Years Playing: 23.5
Courses Played: 41
Destroyer, or a Wraith if the Destroyer is too fast (similar flight paths when FH) but I agree with the above poster and the foment about learning with an Eagle.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:15 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 97
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk59 View Post
EAGLE. Learn to throw this FH and it will save you a ton of strokes. I throw mine as far as my destroyers just with a different line. Learn that you dont have to throw a fh hard to make it work. Super fast drivers tend to teach us to use torque to find distance. Throw those slower less stable discs, take them all to a field. If they flip and hit the ground, keep tweaking your throw and figure out how to keep it in the air. Everydisc can be a FH disc if you learn the lines and how to throw them. FH anny lines instead of a backhand hyzer can be a huge advantage, they penetrate as they are flexing out of the anny and make all the BH only guys drool. I throw BH and FH and I love the different options that it enables me
Second the Eagle, and the flick anny/turnover on BH hyzer lines. Really fun shot to throw if you get it right.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:14 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
For up shots I really love forhanding a rhyno. Works great for hyzers, shots that fly straight, or turn over. For drives I agree with the teebird for versatility but throw a broke in star firebird for most of my hyzers.