Sounds reasonable
Old 07-23-2012, 02:46 PM
*Administrator*

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 210
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor Jones View Post
also, if someone has just joined, and has zero feedback, and buys a crown, you should still exercise the same caution as before. This is a preventive measure, not a complete blockout of morons.
^^ this. You should still use caution with 0 feedback people but at least you know they have some level of investment and like booter said, you are all but guaranteed they have paypal should you need to file a dispute.

I think $5 adequate and something most people can afford/justify. Highest I'd ever go on this is the bronze crown ($10).
Old 07-23-2012, 02:52 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by booter View Post
i think $5 is good enough

the good thing i see(hopefully) is that to pay the membership for the MP u have to use paypal right? well say someone does scam people out of stuff,guess what,his info is now obtainable via paypal instead of false info they might give without having to pay a fee.

i dont think it needs to be 25 bucks..5 bucks is gppd enough. if u go too high,alot of traffic will die down and the mp will not become as profitable for the site and people who pay the fee.
Is there any way that we would have access to the user's info if we do get ripped off? If this is the case, I would be all for the $5 fee. If not, I don't think it will add much if anything.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 55
Maybe im confused, but how exactly does someone paying timg via paypal, gaining access to the MP and then ripping you off getyou their paypal info? Wouldnt it be borderline unethical to give out someones paypal account info? What if it wasnt a sale? What if it was a trade? How does the paypal info help you?

Im just playing devils advocate here, im in favor of Something like this, im just not sure this particular measure in its current proposed state is going to help as much with getting ripped off.

If people are too dumb to read the feedback and not just look at "32 feedback, hes established..." then they deserve to get ripped off. If youre willing to deal with someone who has no feedback, youre taking a risk, understand that beforehand. Take whatever precautions you feel you need to imo, have them ship first or w/e.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:56 PM
<------ your ad here

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 185
*never uses marketplace again*
Old 07-23-2012, 02:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 20
Would this be included in the price of the crowns? I paid $25 for a crown and feel like I shouldn't have to pay an extra $5
Old 07-23-2012, 02:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 55
Haha rpburi basically said the same thing.

What about a seperate MP, like a "premium" MP that you pay for, that is set up like the current one, maybe a couple extra features. And make the current (old one) MP very bare bones, one thread per user, of any type, limited features, limited pic posting etc, just a thought.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:00 PM
*Administrator*

I'm not releasing paypal info nor will I take any part in any disputes that take place (just like it is currently). But if someone has posted a thread, they can't claim they don't have paypal and you can insist on paying that way. Then if things go poorly you can go through paypal's process to get your money back. If it's a trade well then there isn't much recourse. I just think $5 will be somewhat of a deterrent to the less motivated rip off artists.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:00 PM
*Administrator*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rol6566 View Post
Would this be included in the price of the crowns? I paid $25 for a crown and feel like I shouldn't have to pay an extra $5
Yea, anyone with a crown qualifies, there is no extra fee.

Old 07-23-2012, 03:01 PM
*Administrator*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwingles View Post
Haha rpburi basically said the same thing.

What about a seperate MP, like a "premium" MP that you pay for, that is set up like the current one, maybe a couple extra features. And make the current (old one) MP very bare bones, one thread per user, of any type, limited features, limited pic posting etc, just a thought.
I don't want to fragment it like that, I don't think it would really benefit anyone.
Closed Thread