Old 07-07-2013, 08:04 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 231
Anchorage, Alaska - Monday July 22nd

I'll be in town for several days for a wedding and am allocating the last day for golf. Yes, I am aware that the Alaska State Championships is the same weekend as when I'll be there but I'm committed to the wedding. Anyhow, where would be the best courses in the area to play? Who would want to meet up with me to play a couple rounds? I'd be happy to have some company. I'm still working on transportation so more info about this will come later.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:56 PM

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Kincaid, is my number 1. Then Peters creek, its about a 30 minute drive north of anchorage but if you get a chance and like technical courses, its awesome. Myself and other ADGA members just put concrete tees in on Wednesday also so that course is amazing now. Girdwood is another one, its about 30 mins south of anchorage and its probably my favorite in the state. some woods but every hole is an ace run. Also, if you have a big arm and like to chuck it, Hilltop is a "mountain" course on a ski resort with some big throws. It is one of our two pay to play courses though. Theres also russian jack which is another big arm course, youre basically just playing along a ball golf course with the baskets offset from the fairways left or right. Then theres the small 9 holes like service high school and hanshew middle school. All depends on time allotment and transportation! I have to work on that monday, but im off at 5:30, i wouldnt mind gettin a round in with an out of towner haha. Make sure you bring a camera of sorts cause theres always moose!
Old 07-16-2013, 08:13 AM
Eagle Member

Thanks for the input. We're staying in Girdwood so I may look into that one first. My others tentatively were Peter's Creek, Hilltop and then Kincaid last since its right next to the airport from my understanding. How are navigation and everything at the courses? I'm only going to have about five discs with me and wouldn't want to spend a lot of time searching if it came down to it. Flight leaves at 8:30 pm so I have all day to play.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:54 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.6
since the state championship is that weekend kincaid and peters creek will be very well groomed. Girdwood could be kinda buggy so make sure you have some bug dope. Hilltop is a hell of a course and alot of hiking. if it was me i would do peters creek and then kincaid, peters creek can take a little bit to play and kincaid can take 3-4 hours
Old 07-19-2013, 10:36 AM

Kincaids really nice and trimmed down but the rough is very rough, keep it in the fairway and youll be alright. Peters creek is money right now, brand new concrete tees, nice mulch around the baskets, really nice course. Ill be off later in that day, id be down to shoot a later round at kincaid with you. Kincaid takes 2 hrs to play with 2-4 people moving at a moderate rate. alone i take about an hour and 10-20 mins
Old 07-23-2013, 12:49 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakerh09 View Post
Kincaids really nice and trimmed down but the rough is very rough, keep it in the fairway and youll be alright. Peters creek is money right now, brand new concrete tees, nice mulch around the baskets, really nice course. Ill be off later in that day, id be down to shoot a later round at kincaid with you. Kincaid takes 2 hrs to play with 2-4 people moving at a moderate rate. alone i take about an hour and 10-20 mins
Sorry I am just now seeing this. Would have been nice to meet up at Kincaid. Anyway, played Peter's Creek early morning and Kincaid right after. The latter took me a bit to play since I had to scout out the basket locations. Both were great fun. Peter's Creek was a great warm up course and I love technical courses like that. Kincaid took the cake though. Hands down an awesome course with plenty of challenge. Wish I had my whole bag for that one. For anyone that reads this I lost an Orc on hole 18 at Kincaid halfway up the hill on the left somewhere near the big tree. Hyzered off and I couldn't find it.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeman View Post
Sorry I am just now seeing this. Would have been nice to meet up at Kincaid. Anyway, played Peter's Creek early morning and Kincaid right after. The latter took me a bit to play since I had to scout out the basket locations. Both were great fun. Peter's Creek was a great warm up course and I love technical courses like that. Kincaid took the cake though. Hands down an awesome course with plenty of challenge. Wish I had my whole bag for that one. For anyone that reads this I lost an Orc on hole 18 at Kincaid halfway up the hill on the left somewhere near the big tree. Hyzered off and I couldn't find it.
I play there everyday, ill keep an eye out!!

Old 09-05-2013, 05:40 AM
Eagle Member

am in anchorage and will be playing all day tomorrow. i know its short notice but wheres the golfing at?

if anyone wants to play lmk. ill check back on this thread in the morning. im free until like six or so.