#11  
Old 08-08-2012, 09:17 AM
garublador garublador is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Urbandale, IA
Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 7
Posts: 4,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by thugjitsu View Post
What's your guys take on this?
That if you're looking to improve you're probably better off finding things that most great players have in common rather than focusing on things that a minority of them do.

In other words, find out what their grips have in common with all other big arm throwers and emulate that part rather than focusing on the part of their grip that is different.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-08-2012, 09:52 AM
Uncle Dougie's Avatar
Uncle Dougie Uncle Dougie is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Rockford, IL
Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by garublador View Post
That if you're looking to improve you're probably better off finding things that most great players have in common rather than focusing on things that a minority of them do.

In other words, find out what their grips have in common with all other big arm throwers and emulate that part rather than focusing on the part of their grip that is different.
/\/\/\

This, I found a common tweak that alot of big arms and pro's use and it's found in almost every grip out there. I incorporated it into my grip and a few other mechanics I've been working on. Been getting great results and achieving more nose down.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-08-2012, 01:59 PM
Spackler's Avatar
Spackler Spackler is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OKC
Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by aces_in_illinois View Post
/\/\/\

This, I found a common tweak that alot of big arms and pro's use and it's found in almost every grip out there. I incorporated it into my grip and a few other mechanics I've been working on. Been getting great results and achieving more nose down.
Tell us what it is!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-08-2012, 02:09 PM
wraithrower wraithrower is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Spokane, WA
Years Playing: 8.2
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 128
I dont use a fan grip but I do use a pinch grip for everything. It is like the power grip but with my last finger digits bending out instead of in.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-08-2012, 06:41 PM
Uncle Dougie's Avatar
Uncle Dougie Uncle Dougie is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Rockford, IL
Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spackler View Post
Tell us what it is!
Instead of placing the disc right down the crease or middle of your palm as shown in the Climo video, I place it a little below that line on the part/cheek of the palm closest to the ground. It'll feel a little awkward at first, but once get your fingers in the fork position and tilt that wrist down it feels way more tight and loaded than the way others have taught me. I immediately have more shots staying nose down and traveling straight. I know alot of people actually do do this, but there are a whole lot of people who don't. Very helpful to my game.
Reply With Quote
 

  #16  
Old 08-08-2012, 07:37 PM
JMONEY's Avatar
JMONEY JMONEY is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Allup Inya
Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 225
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by aces_in_illinois View Post
Instead of placing the disc right down the crease or middle of your palm as shown in the Climo video, I place it a little below that line on the part/cheek of the palm closest to the ground. It'll feel a little awkward at first, but once get your fingers in the fork position and tilt that wrist down it feels way more tight and loaded than the way others have taught me. I immediately have more shots staying nose down and traveling straight. I know alot of people actually do do this, but there are a whole lot of people who don't. Very helpful to my game.
Ditto. After realizing this all i could think about was how much my game was going to improve.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.