Old 08-08-2012, 09:17 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by thugjitsu View Post
What's your guys take on this?
That if you're looking to improve you're probably better off finding things that most great players have in common rather than focusing on things that a minority of them do.

In other words, find out what their grips have in common with all other big arm throwers and emulate that part rather than focusing on the part of their grip that is different.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:52 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by garublador View Post
That if you're looking to improve you're probably better off finding things that most great players have in common rather than focusing on things that a minority of them do.

In other words, find out what their grips have in common with all other big arm throwers and emulate that part rather than focusing on the part of their grip that is different.
/\/\/\

This, I found a common tweak that alot of big arms and pro's use and it's found in almost every grip out there. I incorporated it into my grip and a few other mechanics I've been working on. Been getting great results and achieving more nose down.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:59 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by aces_in_illinois View Post
/\/\/\

This, I found a common tweak that alot of big arms and pro's use and it's found in almost every grip out there. I incorporated it into my grip and a few other mechanics I've been working on. Been getting great results and achieving more nose down.
Tell us what it is!
Old 08-08-2012, 02:09 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 8.2
I dont use a fan grip but I do use a pinch grip for everything. It is like the power grip but with my last finger digits bending out instead of in.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:41 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spackler View Post
Tell us what it is!
Instead of placing the disc right down the crease or middle of your palm as shown in the Climo video, I place it a little below that line on the part/cheek of the palm closest to the ground. It'll feel a little awkward at first, but once get your fingers in the fork position and tilt that wrist down it feels way more tight and loaded than the way others have taught me. I immediately have more shots staying nose down and traveling straight. I know alot of people actually do do this, but there are a whole lot of people who don't. Very helpful to my game.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:37 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by aces_in_illinois View Post
Instead of placing the disc right down the crease or middle of your palm as shown in the Climo video, I place it a little below that line on the part/cheek of the palm closest to the ground. It'll feel a little awkward at first, but once get your fingers in the fork position and tilt that wrist down it feels way more tight and loaded than the way others have taught me. I immediately have more shots staying nose down and traveling straight. I know alot of people actually do do this, but there are a whole lot of people who don't. Very helpful to my game.
Ditto. After realizing this all i could think about was how much my game was going to improve.