Old 08-15-2012, 12:30 AM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 21
Throwing Style: RHBH
I after a decade quickly learned do not lean on throwing an xXx flat, throw a hyzer with a normal stable/overstable disc. Hell, same with every disc...hyzer/anhyzer to a minimalist is equally if not more beneficial than a **** ton of molds all thrown flat.

As for struggling on lines/shots/decision making process (due to lack of molds), not too much. Once in a blue moon I miss having the xXx for overhand shots or misjudge my hyzerflips on the Fuse, but that's about it. Overhand I have more than enough experience with non-silly overstable discs [WHICH EVERYONE SHOULD, YES I'M TALKING TO YOU!] that it's not even an issue, since I can misjudge any shot at any distance at any angle...so it's not the Fuses fault.

**I am going to buy another bag soon, so I will in time have multiples of a few discs, but more people need to realize you don't need 7 Rocs in your bag. Chill the **** out, you can always leave a back up in your car
Old 08-15-2012, 04:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 61
Throwing Style: LHBH
I only have 3 Rocs in my bag... am I alright?
Old 08-15-2012, 04:34 PM

Tits or GTFO

So what you're saying is, the other four are in your car? lol
Old 08-15-2012, 11:22 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 41
I've learned much of the same lesson my friend. I have a janky shoulder so I usually throw with more hyzer than I should anyways. Throwing a xXx might as well be throwing a sky hook every time.

I enjoy your mindset on a bag, I've thought of going warship, fuse, pd, sword and if I'm feeling crazy I'd throw in a CE FX. We will see my friend, we will see.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 61
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by GripEnemyS2K View Post
Tits or GTFO

So what you're saying is, the other four are in your car? lol
They are in the secret stash spot (my closet)
Old 08-16-2012, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampabay View Post
I've learned much of the same lesson my friend. I have a janky shoulder so I usually throw with more hyzer than I should anyways. Throwing a xXx might as well be throwing a sky hook every time.

I enjoy your mindset on a bag, I've thought of going warship, fuse, pd, sword and if I'm feeling crazy I'd throw in a CE FX. We will see my friend, we will see.
Doesn't seem like a bad idea to me.

I've been meaning to write something up about this, but I find many comparisons between soccer/hockey/basketball (soccer especially) positions/formations and "slots" in a bag. Like right now, I'm playing a 1-1-2-1 (Cannon or Rampage, JLS, Drone/Fuse, and Magnet)...my striker stays all the way up, my offensive mid moves around a lot, and my defensive mids/defenders keep a solid base for me to work off of; all of that of course overseen by the ever so important sweeper.

Now, for shape. How far can my left back [Drone] overlap my attacking center mid [JLS]? How does it "play" when it switches with my right back [Fuse]?

The analogies go on, but that's what drastic hyzer and anyhzer angles can bring to the table. That's how good teams win - they can cover for each other. Same goes with plastic, sometimes there is no better shot than a huge anny with an FLX Drone. Other times, a really really really powered down Rampage is the way to go. It's all about how you use your arsenal, not what it consists of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disc Fiend View Post
They are in the secret stash spot (my closet)
Old 09-09-2012, 05:19 AM

Bagged hasn't changed much in the past few weeks, even though it may look like it in a minute. Any of the discs I've substituted I've already had in the bag, only took them out for space/rotational purposes. Still waiting to buy a Mojo

-- Dropped the FLX Drone [temporarily] to "finish" beating up a Pro-D one...still plenty of stability in her (both high speed and low), though I can manipulate it way easier; think new Rancho Roc without the bead, and a tad slower.
-- Threw in a light+domey CE QJLS because I got a good deal on it (and to compare it to my flat, heavier Candy Pro ones). Great for tailwinds or no wind, standstills, and distance tunnel shots. Oddly enough, I still prefer my flat [less glidey] Candy Pro ones for low distance shots and that daily driver role.
-- Switched the 1.2 Q-OLF for one of my 1.1 S-OLFs, figured I should break it in more before my Q-OLF catches up to it (in lack of stability). Did I mention I love the OLF?

=====

Distance(s): Magnet - 300'+, QJLS - 380'+, Cannon - 430'+

===================

Drivers:
167 1.1 S-OLF (7/10) - stable line shaper
175 Candy Q-JLS (6/10) - beat up and wonderful.... anything-you-need driver
165 CE QJLS (7/10) - glidey and fun to throw, not sure if it warrants carrying though.

Mids:
176 Pro-D Drone (6/10) - significantly less stable than your average Drone...some magic can be worked with this thing
169 Opto Fuse (8/10) - workhorse

Putters:
174 4-Chains Magnet [firm/hard] (7/10) - main putter, short approaches
169 Z Magnet (8/10) - driving putter/long approaches/utility < yes I'm aware it's not overstable, thanks though

**I'll bring a Pinnacle Rampage and an Icon Cannon if I'm playing a course that requires them for more than a few throws..
Old 09-24-2012, 12:00 PM

Been throwing non-driver rounds, except off the box on #15 @Tyler (PICTURE). I bring a Cannon and a Rampage for just that reason (yeah, I toss two there) but otherwise the Fuse has been absolutely killin' it for me.

Oh, I'm throwing the Ion again

============

Drivers:
175 Pinnacle Rampage (7/10) - still needs some beating up, sweet flyer though. the "X" to the Cannons "L" - they're so similar it's awesome.
175 Icon Cannon (7/10) - also needs more beating up done, but it absolutely bombs. "L" to the Rampages "X"

Mids:
176 Pro-D Drone (6/10) - significantly less stable than your average Drone...some magic can be worked with this thing
169 Opto Fuse (7/10) - workhorse

Putters:
174 4-Chains Magnet [firm/hard] (6/10) - main putter, short approaches
175 S-Proton Ion (7/10) - driving, upshots, all that good stuff. missed you, buddy.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:49 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 40
Ahh...young grasshopper....you put the Ion back in the bag...good for you. IMHO (which means absolutely jack) the Ion is the best driving putter on the market (just in front of the Q-Omega) for distance. I know GG threw an Aviar 500' over a lake while it was on fire while being chased by a grissly bear. But for a mere mortals the Ion is just wonderful and reliable. Plus it takes so damn long to break in that it just keeps it's glide and stability for twice if not three times longer than an Aviar or other putters out there.

Old 12-12-2012, 04:12 PM

Actually, it's gone. Magnet/Titanic for me lol i need to make a new bag thread.