Disc Golf Store
Old 08-25-2012, 10:31 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 199
Visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by lion View Post
My favorite is my 1st course Mazerick Park front in North Carolina, not the best, but it hooked me and I miss playing it. I rather have a thread where you list your favorite course in each state you played. Mine would be

North Carolina - Mazerick Park front
Tennesse - Seven Oaks park
Kentucky - Madisonville city park
California - Stafford Lake
Oregon - Whistlers Bend
Washington - Lucky Mud
Nevada - Zephyr Cove
Arizona - Thorpe Park
You need to come visit so we can get that crappy Mazerick taste out of your mouth. It needs to be replaced by another NC course.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:01 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 114
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashmgee View Post
Ya, Should be a blast!
Sorry to hear about the back and neck. I hope you can play again soon.
This will be my third BOP experience and I am pretty pumped about getting some more time out there.

I'm not going anywhere for the time being so we'll have to get together and chat discgolf and grab a beer soon.
Bummed I missed Matchplay, but my back was too messed up to make it down there even to photograph. I tryed doubleing my meds and trying to make the drive, but I didn't even make it to Fortuna before I decided to turn back. How was it? An epic experiance as allways?
Old 08-28-2012, 12:20 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 53
^^It was a great weekend. The course was absolutely perfect, manicured, and we even got to play a few random holes for seeding that I had never played. The weather was great, camping was great, Saturday dinner was awesome and a huge perk, and I could go on but there's no need, you know what I'm talking about.

Big props to Caleb for organizing and putting on a fantastic disc golf tournament.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:22 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
^^It was a great weekend. The course was absolutely perfect, manicured, and we even got to play a few random holes for seeding that I had never played. The weather was great, camping was great, Saturday dinner was awesome and a huge perk, and I could go on but there's no need, you know what I'm talking about.

Big props to Caleb for organizing and putting on a fantastic disc golf tournament.
Yea, like I've said before I think you were being a little harsh on it with a 4.0, but like I also said everyone has thier own opinions of it. I think BOP could compete with any of the top courses in the country.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:22 AM
Par Member

Noted: I got one disc back that I lost this summer, and lost three.

A couple of those aren't coming back no matter how many people play here.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:25 AM
* Ace Member *

You never know. I've seen some discs come back from there when people had ment to sacrifice them.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:38 AM
Par Member

The discs don't bother me at all...I've had things come back from that course already. I just think that holes like "top of world" should have a pad to throw off of. I love that hole, but I think it may be a little harsh. There are a couple others.

Course design is outstanding...This is a place that you won't forget.
I would say that yes maybe I was a little harsh on giving it a 4 star rating.
That being said I could not give it a 5 star unless there were tee pads, and I really don't want to give too much bonus rating on it being private. For me that is NOT a bonus.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:44 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
The discs don't bother me at all...I've had things come back from that course already. I just think that holes like "top of world" should have a pad to throw off of. I love that hole, but I think it may be a little harsh. There are a couple others.

Course design is outstanding...This is a place that you won't forget.
I would say that yes maybe I was a little harsh on giving it a 4 star rating.
That being said I could not give it a 5 star unless there were tee pads, and I really don't want to give too much bonus rating on it being private. For me that is NOT a bonus.
I totaly hear you on the rock shot. They need to make some kind of elevated teepad that sits atop that rock. But that's the one place on the course where I would realy think that anything needs to be done with the teepads. I like the natural ones myself.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:52 AM
Par Member

fair enough...

And I would love to thank Caleb and his family for hosting this event at their property.

If there are any other discgolfers out there that have played this course please review it. This place deserves to be in conversation with the other AT LEAST top 20 in the country regardless of tees and my personal rating values.

Old 08-28-2012, 12:56 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
fair enough...

And I would love to thank Caleb and his family for hosting this event at their property.

If there are any other discgolfers out there that have played this course please review it. This place deserves to be in conversation with the other AT LEAST top 20 in the country regardless of tees and my personal rating values.
There just aren't enough of us on this site from around this area. Sad kinda. But most of the courses that are in the top 20 are from areas with many more active users on the site than Humboldt.