Old 08-16-2012, 09:56 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 105
Throwing Style: RHFH
My pre-game ritual consists of lid tossing for a few to get my body warmed up and then I do some putting and stretching. I've never had any problems with pulls or strains and I'm approaching 40. You may just be trying to throw too hard. Stay loose and smooth and slow it down.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:58 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.9
Courses Played: 38
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by mashnut View Post
I disagree, I find I throw better and feel better if I do light physical activity before playing rather than trying to stretch cold muscles. A quick jog, jumping jacks or playing catch for a little bit are what I generally do before a long tournament or curse bagging day.
Ofcourse, proper stretching would be not stretching cold muscles. But warm up alone will do you no good.

Old 08-17-2012, 09:04 AM
Wizard of Plastic Land

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjskier View Post
Stretch before you play! Should be common sense but I can almost guarantee thats what led to your problem. Stretch well. Stretching each muscle a couple seconds on the tee pad before you start doesn't count, if anything it will lead to more injuries. Learn how to stretch your back, shoulders, arms and wrists, and do it regularly, and properly! Stretching will also increase your distance and over all game. Everyone should always stretch before throwing. If you don't, don't complain about injuries.
no no NO! This is missing a major point and is a major misconception! You need to warm up significantly BEFORE stretching or you will hurt yourself more.